Question My Senior Brother is too Steady; Is it worth reading??

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Victor777, Dec 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Victor777

Victor777 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw a lot of recommendations regarding this novel. How good is it??

can anyone give me a simple synopsis without any major spoiler??

is it harem?? idiotic villians?? random senseless face slapping?? arrongant young masters??
    hope someone will clarify

2. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty good. Just read the description of the novel and you should understand what kind of story it is. The world it used is also pretty interesting. Not sure if it's harem, but there are a few girls that might be interested in him but he doesn't want karma so there hasn't been any development in that aspect. There are no idiotic villains and random senseless face slapping. There are also no arrogant young master.

3. neon

neon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Careful protagonist, good at scheming, romance but also not. It’s very well written and translated. A lot of parts makes me laugh. I highly recommend it. :cookie:

4. Aleff Null

Aleff Null Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read it!
    The villains are good, they have to be, cause the MC is 100x more careful xD

5. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    The plot revolves around Investiture of the Gods and Journey to the West. Numerous characters from the novels will appear in the story. You don't have to read either because the protagonist's actions will change many things. Think of it as a retelling. It's better written than 98% of Chinese web novels.

6. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC is really talented and smart, but extremely cautious. The world he's in is basically the Chinese's creation mythology, so he knows it's filled with crazy strong people.

One little thing he does (not a really spoiler) is have his pretty junior sister stand like 6 meters away or so from him in public. That way he avoids the Karma of being hated just because he's close to a pretty girl. He also uses disguises to hide the fact that he's actually good looking.

7. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is this the one where the MC is reincarnated from modern world?
    the guy that learn escape technique to the extreme and teaching his sister disciple his distorted view of cultivation?
    i enjoy the novel until about 300-400 chapter iirc, i stopped because i dislike how the story develop but i think you should try it

FajarRJ likes this.
  8. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    overrated. i got to 120 and got bored of nothing happening. just characters keep saying something going to happen. then the mc moving in the shadows, but the bad kind. where people know what's happen but not the person behind it. he is so high profile that it like the sun being blocked by a tree and people calling it an eclipse.

otaku31 likes this.
  9. Redmoon2

Redmoon2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're sick of the same old cultivation novels and clichés, you should definitely try out this novel. The MC is not arrogant or boastful, he is a very careful person that knows showboating tends to draw much unwanted attention and does more harm than good like getting yourself killed. He's also extremely wary of the typical cultivation novel clichés such as drawing attention because he's close to a beauty and tries to avoid them as much as possible.

The MC is also extremely self-aware that despite the fact that he's very talented and handsome, in front of true experts he will always be considered a weakling. Hence the MC will tends to hide his true strength as much possible to avoid drawing attention and tries to maneuver behind the scenes.

10. skyfall3250

skyfall3250 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's breath of fresh air compared to other cn novels. You should try it.

11. HafidzM

HafidzM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me the problem with this novel is the inconsistency of the translation but you should try to read it.

12. Victor777

Victor777 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    then i will try it (y)

13. Deleted member 295969

Deleted member 295969 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    oh :blob_plusone: will try read it too

Victor777 likes this.
  14. aaachris

aaachris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked the first 100-150chapters. The problem is the cautiousness of mc to avoid trouble. It gets a bit dull since the mc is so cautious that the author himself has to find some silly excuse to involve the mc in an arc. Its seems contradictory when mc is so desperately avoid karma(really mean it) gets karma.

15. raxadian

raxadian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is explained later that one of the Saints and the Heavenly Dao itself is using him and since he has no treasure to deny his destiny...