Spoiler A Stepmother's Märchen

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Eiidachan

Eiidachan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, yeah. Since the translation of the manhwa didn't use the words explicitly, I thought it's made different for the manhwa. but reading it again, yeah, it was included.

Jukki likes this.
  2. salaza189

salaza189 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the empress intervened because the brother was going to reveal Johannes married Shuli because of his old love for Ludovica? I remember both Empress and the Duke became very alarmed

3. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Could be it, but I think it also came down due to the count saying he and family didn't knew why he married shulli, so whatever tge reason it was gonna be degrading to shulli, Johannes and marquis house

salaza189 and Jukki like this.
  4. Eiidachan

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the main reason Elizabeth stopped the cardinals was because to prevent Ludovica being mentioned and to prevent any reveal that Shuli resembled her. It's already mentioned that the marriage between Johannes and Shuli was controversial, which also caused Johannes' wife's family had strained relationship with him afterwards. If it's revealed (even though the count himself was unsure whether he's right or wrong) that Johannes married Shuli because she resembled Ludovica who was his first love, it'll most likely create rumors not only for the Neuwaschtain but also for the Royal Family? Especially due to the fact that in the past, the Emperor chose Ludovica over Elizabeth.

But putting that aside, I'm more interested what the Emperor meant that Johannes is trying to get revenge on them by using Shuli.

5. AtarashiSekai

AtarashiSekai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is undoubtedly one of the best confessions I have read. I love the two of them together and Nora is definitely on of the best MLs I have seen!

xxxrencyan, Mocha_ry, Yrra and 2 others like this.
  6. AtarashiSekai

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to Jeremy then??

7. AtarashiSekai

Reading List:
    Link
    That f***ing jerk saw her all these years, knew what she had done for the family and that, if not for her, that family would have been brought down long ago, still killed her and in the most gruesome way possible at that!! I don't feel satisfied by the way the author handled some of the hated characters in the second timeline. This bullshit of a knight should have had the worst end imaginable!!!

Pearl1995 and Jukki like this.
  8. Eiidachan

Reading List:
    Link
    He married another woman named Diane. He met her at a party held by Nora's family while Shuli and Nora went on a honeymoon if I remember it right.

AtarashiSekai likes this.
  9. lady-kyo

lady-kyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We must also remember that the emperor forbade talking about the former empress

Jukki likes this.
  10. lady-kyo

Reading List:
    Link
    that's exactly the problem, he didn't see the sacrifices she made. In the first life Shuli did not trust anyone so the people who work there only saw a country girl turn the marquise and a month after death the husband got a lover. This in no way excuses him for what he has done, because in addition to killing her, he dismembered her and spread the parts of her through the forest.

11. Eiidachan

Reading List:
    Link
    Right. I'll admit that the way Shuli protected the children in the first timeline is not exactly right compared to the current timeline, but that doesn't justify the murder and post-mortem mutilation. I don't think they need to go that far even if it's for the sake of keeping the Neuschwastein family name. It seems the only ones who realized her sacrifice were the children, the butler Robert, and the maid Gwen.

12. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    And Nora can't forget him!

Honestly I'm just kinda disappointed that it didn't get thrown into his face that he essentially murdered an innocent woman and gruesomely maimed her corpse for no reason. He seems to be the big "knightly honor-bound"-type.

Amanda16 and lady-kyo like this.
  13. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    1. No.
    2. There are only 2 timelines. Shuli's past and present. The first timeline is mainly from what Shuli's memories were.

The Emperor nor the Royal family have no leave to criticize Johannes if wished to remarry. Remarriage for spouses who lost their spouses is common, especially if the said new spouse is gonna be playing the role of a partner but not a sexual partner. It's more of I need this person because I need someone to look after the family. It's a practical decision that even the Emperor practiced so he's gonna look like a hypocrite if he starts banning other people to remarry.

I guess the emperor thought that Johannes was still bitter than Ludovica chose him. We know that he did love his wife and had 3 kids with her. The context of him picking Shuli is deliberate. Her looks can just be a coincidence since there is no established line between Ludovica and Shuli's family. We might never know.

Yeah. But he doesn't know that. Shuli wasn't also very forthcoming in her reasons when she did the things she did in the past. Yes, she was the head of a family but she didn't act like her role. In addition, there is already resentment in the family and the household. I don't condone the way he killed her but I can get why he did that.

And I thought today's young uns were desensitized by violence. I guess you haven't heard of heads being put into spikes or women being stoned to death?
    To be honest, what happened to Shuli can be considered tame if you take the lens of that era's morality and perspective of punishment. The more physical and bloodier back in those days, the 'better.'

I am fantasizing that his punishment is being stripped of his rank, duties, and everything afforded to him as a knight, forever disgraced, thrown into the dungeon. On the day of his execution, he is hanged until nearly dead, emasculated, disemboweled, beheaded, and quartered (chopped into four pieces). Then his remains will food for the crows or pigs. The guillotine is way too gentle for him.

14. Berry.Blast.20

Berry.Blast.20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so can someone help me with this

1.What happens to Theobald in the end ?..If he does do a fall from grace how , and who found it or did it

2.What happens to the Pope and that crazy Cardinal at the end?

3.Does Nora's father ever mend his ways ?

Someone do answer this for me

Jukki likes this.
  15. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean... rachel understood all of shullis actions when she was merely 13 and had jeremy put out a knights oath to her to protect shulli , while the kids in first timeline couldnt even get near shulli or knew what she does.

For that excellent and intelligent head knight of a glorious family, he sure was retarded in the head to be not able to see what a 13 year old could, WHILE working with shulli always - since butler, head maid and head knight are 3 linchpins of estate management - the finances/the household/the security.

He is just plain retarded with eyes closed and propaganda feeded into his head of shulli a whore.

Tho I guess, still better than elias of all people, who while knowing shulli and jeremy so closely suspected them of having incestious relations and listening to outsiders instead them.

Cardinal, Elias, headknight are the peak retards of the story, followed by Noramburg duke,theo

16. Eiidachan

Reading List:
    Link
    I just can't understand how in the world Elias would even think that Shuli and Jeremy are in a relationship. They live in the same house for years, it should be obvious if they have that kind of relationship or not. I know that he is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but for him to believe that rumor...:facepalm:

17. lady-kyo

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, people see what they want to see, as soon as he judged it as bad, a shame for the family name, ... nothing she would do would be good enough for him. As with most adults in this story, he was comparing her to a dead woman, only this time she would be the first marquise and not the former empress.
    2. I don't know about the pope but the cardinal is apparently killed by Jeremy

18. RiRi Chan 2020

RiRi Chan 2020 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello
    I want to ask why johans marry shuli?
    how the public react about shuli and norah marriage?
    Also at the first time line what did Jeremy do when he know that the chardinal has a hand for killing shuli?
    Sorry for bad english l hope someone answer my questions:aww:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  19. lady-kyo

Reading List:
    Link
    Johannes was sick and dying, probably with pneumonia, he needed someone to take care of his house, finances and his 4 children, and that person would not ask to be in his family, because all his brothers are only interested in the family's money. He marries Shuli (a person who didn't have big ambitions, so she wouldn't steal his money), so she can take care of everything until his eldest son is old enough to be the head of the family. Shuli also came from a bad family and as she looked a lot like Johannes' first love, maybe he also wanted her to marry him to help her out of her old home.
    In the first life Jeremy discovers that the cardinal was involved in Shuli's death.

20. RiRi Chan 2020

RiRi Chan 2020 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for answering my questions:bloblove: