Spoiler (BL) Card Room

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sapphire-Saph, Oct 9, 2019.

1. WisteriaNyx

WisteriaNyx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right! Right! I was agonizing when he didn't clarify!!! There were so many good side pairing moments I really am so thankful for cardroom

Ha-Ha likes this.
  2. cielo2016

cielo2016 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    from what until what chapter is this, because even though i like to waiting for new chapter, my memory said different ?? sometimes i forgot what happen before and start to reread again for the nth time ??????

3. xblkdragonx

xblkdragonx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 470. Right after they enter these room, they're surrounded by zombies. it was like sea upon sea of zombies. However, they escaped and figured out during the day, everything is normal and they have to figure out who the murder is. When it turns to night, they're transported into a different dimension where ghost, zombies, etc are - night time is Spade and Clover's trial and it's survival mode.

What's worse, for safety reasons and to make getting clues easier, the team split into 3:

1) SQ and YQ in Peach Blossom, ready to pull their teammates at any time in case of danger

2) Brother 9 and his original team outside of the city to see if there's anything to investigate at the burial ground.

3) MC and ML, Old Mo, LQ, LS, and QW inside the city because it transport you back 3 years ago.

However, when night falls, the 3 are transported into 3 different timeline and space.

Team 1 is transported back 20 years ago where the famine happen. It was so bad that a group called the Hound started to kidnap people and raise them like cattle and eat them. Cannibalism. SQ and YQ are investigating this.

Team 2 was transported 3 years ago when the rumors of the ghost appeared and the family Zhao and Chen mysteriously disappeared. They are able to hide the clues they find in a place where Team 3 can find it 3 years later.

Team 3 is in the present. However at night, if they stay in the city, they get transported back to 3 years ago, but it's a ghost dimension. They can't get into contact with Team 2.

Kaylee, Nyaa.23, Heungbo and 3 others like this.
  4. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reading the story but my mind is nkt comprehending it. Dyem my braincells are being pitted.

5. xblkdragonx

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone read chapter 514? Things are getting real people! I've been liking the recent chapters where they're stuck in the Ghost Town at night. Even in the Queen combined rooms, I never felt they were in any danger. But with this world, the team is split up and it's a 6 vs 12 in the Ghost Town. There were a lot of close calls, and the author keeps foreshadowing they still have team revival in their hands if anyone dies.

MC's team have to survive 20 hours in the Ghost Town in order for the maze to finish it's rotation and Old Mo can find their way out. MC and ML lured the 12 hunters away from the other 4 so the other 4 can lay down marks and pull the team to safety in order to drag out the time. But on the hunter side, they have a card that can inactivate all skill cards for 5 minutes, meaning all of MC's cards are useless and he's a sitting duck. ML and he and backed into a corner with ML protecting MC. Seeing that they're at a disadvantage, MC tells ML to split up. ML has a better chance of handling himself if he doesn't have to protect him. ML is able to kill one of hunters once he didn't have to protect MC.

Just as MC is about to die from a stab to his neck, Xue Yu pops up in the nick of time. The chapter ends there. I"m like ahhhh let me know what happened! But I did predict his brother would pop up again. Just interesting to see if Team MC can take care of all 12 hunters (now 11). All of their skills are very interesting.

Oh not sure if it's mentioned, because the hunters task are to eliminate players, somehow the hunters know all their cards and have investigated them.

6. Shimozuki Yue

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm actually at the start of the arc! Thank god I saw this. I will now put this on hold till the arc end so I may not suffer the cliffs XD

My favorite rooms are actually spades (the keeper is a jerk tho fvk him). Second is spade mix with diamond. I love the solving plus the action and survival.

The heart just kills my brain and I was like whose the killer already! But I love the keeper and the roles she's pitting the ships into.

7. xblkdragonx

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha same...I like the survival rooms more. The heart and clover, I'm like uuuhhhh I'm not smart enough to figure this out and Xiao Lu is so freaking smart, he breezes through clover, so it's not as exciting. Though it's funny that his teammates are like, "I guess we'll just lie down and win."

Shimozuki Yue likes this.
  8. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Hehe how cool it would be if she drew a Hiccup + Toothless card?

WisteriaNyx likes this.
  9. cielo2016

cielo2016 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what's the last episode about, cause i too lazy to wait for each episode and plan to read a bunch at least until they finish their mission (?) ●﹏●

10. xblkdragonx

Reading List:
    Link
    The completed the King Room and is now in the last room. It's a relay race. Meaning, the team is separated into groups. They have no knowledge where the other are, who is with them, and what their tasks are.

Brother 9 and ML is in the first group. They are on a deserted island and have to survive until Dec 24th. If they fail this, the entire time team is eliminated.

Ye Qiu, Spider Queen, and the couple are in the second group. They have to find all available teammate and eliminate the hunters. However, the hunters are posed as other teammates. One of the hunters can read minds and transfer the information mentally to other hunters. So this was a bit deadly as they had a hard time figuring out who is an actual teammate and who is a hunter. They are a world that mimics their real world. A hunter posed as MC, Tang Ci, the couple, and the calligraphy master. Ye Qiu and the Spider Queen almost fell for the the hunters posing as Tang Ci and the calligraphy master, but luckily ML and Brother 9 intervened in time. Because ML and Brother 9 completed the first task, it opened up the second task, and so they were waiting to regroup with Ye Qiu and them. Funny scene that Brother 9 got HELLA pissed that the hunter posed as Tang Ci. "You can copy anyone in the world, but the only person you have no right to copy is Tang Ci." Another funny scene is that Ye Qiu actually calls Shao Qingge, but the Shao Qingge in this task is just an NPC of sorts. Ye Qiu is like, "Master Shao, it's me! Ye Qiu!" And Shao Qingge is like, "Are you the guy I messed with last time at the nightclub? Are you asking for a compensation?" Ye Qiu is like omg!! "What kind of messy life have you been living, Boss Shao??" Anyway, it was funny because Ye Qiu sounded so indignant and was nagging Shao Qingge. They complete the task, opening up the third task. Again, if Ye Qiu and the other failed, the whole team gets eliminated.

Third task is opened and MC, Lu Qui, and Tang Ci is in this group. I dropped the chapter at this point, but from what I gathered, it's a murder case. This is in there world still, but MC is a bit heartbroken because the ML looks the same, but it's just an NPC. The hunters try to frame MC to make it seem like MC is the murderer, but with Tang Ci's help and ML's intuition and detective ability, they solve the case.

Fourth task (which is still ongoing) is team Shang Qingge, Lao Mo, and calligraphy master. I haven't really read too much into this part, but from what I can tell, it's a big maze?

EDIT: skipped to the most recent chapters. After completing the qualifying tasks and reuniting, the entire team is thrown into the desert. Tasks is to survive in order to clear the game.

Edit 2: WOW....just as Xiao Lu was going to his Peach Blossom card so that the team could have a comfortable place to discuss their plans on how to survive the desert the gatekeepers announces the rules

"All cards skills have been refreshed and all cards have become limited cards. They will be damaged immediately after one use.

P.S. You don't want to stay in the card world anyway. You can't take these cards with you. Use a card and it will be discarded."

That's BRUTAL.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  11. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Ye Qiu? Lol

kuroarash likes this.
  12. RiannNeko

RiannNeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Card Room has finished and has ereleased the extra chapters!!!

13. GissellaRDBD

GissellaRDBD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How it ends? apoiler please

14. kahokyu

kahokyu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The last room is survival for 3 days in a desert. Which is much harder than it sounds since they're in the middle of no where with no water or food aside from the one use per room survival pack they got from way back in the Spade 3 room. It contains biscuits, one bottle of milk, one bottles water, and a chocolate bar. They get hit by a sandstorm and Liu Qiao and Lao Mo gets blown away. Shao Qing Ge is still in his zerg king state so he can move around easily, runs off to find a space for to teleport everyone over, but it turns out to be a scorpion nest. Then they teleport again but it turns out to be a rats nest and Yu Han Jiang and Long Sen get bitten. Rats have the plague so they need to find antidote asap. Meet up with LQ/LM again somewhere along the way and finally find an oasis. But there's definitely going to be hunters here so they split up with some search around the town for food and Xiao Lou, Liu Qiao, and Ye Qiu look for medicine. Outside the pharmacy, LQ and YW gets ducked into magic mirror, XL tells them how to get out but is suprised killed by LQ. YHJ who was shrunken and kept in house pocket is next killed somehow (squashed to death???? Lol). Everyone is notified by system of death because the leader changes and SQG becomes the next leader summons everyone to peach blossom card. YQ is also dead and everyone's suspicious of LQ. They decide to leave the oasis, but SGQ gives the contract book to Tang CI to hold onto and goes to do something else.

SGQ sees that the resurrection card was used and that YQ name is still on the contract meaning he was killed but resurrected himself but is pretending to be dead to hide from hunters. SGQ gives the book to TC cuz he's smart enough to also figure this out.

The group gets ambushed by hunters and calligraphy guy turns out to be traitor, but he's actually a spy, same as Jiu Ge, only Jiu Ge was pretending to be a hunter while he actually joined the hunters cuz they're only so limited info you can get without joining. His plan is to have everyone gather intelabout the hunters and hold on until XL escapes the nightmare room for him to use the resurrection card. Reason being that only the card user will still have memories and everyone else's memories will be wiped. Everyone's most likely to believe XL.

Meanwhile ppl keep getting killed and popping up the the nightmare room which is to survive in desert for, I forgot how many days. XL escapes through this mirror room thing where your loved ones show up in the mirror and attack you (? So random). He uses the time rewind card, they ambush the hunters and kill them all. Level is automatically cleared early since all the hunters were killed. Bc calligraphy guy became a real hunter, he dies for real here and is not included in their winning team.

And everyone finally gets to go back to the real world with all their memories. Jiu Ge died 3 years so so they all go back to 3 years ago. And then it's just happy romance fluff.

I forgot to say! The Liu Qiao that killed XL and YQwas actually her sister pretending to be her! The real LQ was tied up in the hospital.

15. eceo

eceo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So caligraphy guy is the only one who isn’t back in the real world? Or is he there but has no memory? Or does he not exist at all?

16. kahokyu

kahokyu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He exists but with no memory of the card world. The group comes up with a plan to get him to the hospital for a checkup so his heart disease gets discovered and treated before his original death route so he's still alive and friends with everyone.

Kaylee likes this.
  17. iampheng

iampheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been MTLing too much, and Card Room is so good that I can't bear to read a poor quality MTL lol. Thank goodness for the happy ending. That's what I came here to check for lol.

I love well-written BL stories except with one caveat...in general all queer couples existing in the novel world are men x men. Authors, give some love to the queer ladies and nonbinary folks, please! ;)

WisteriaNyx likes this.
  18. Shimozuki Yue

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, did the existence of the card room ever explained? Someone spoil the extra! Also what about the time paradox theory that they first concluded? Since they went back 3yrs prior, can't they prevent almost all of the accidents of their dead teammates? (Like brother 9 original comrades and the others)

19. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean if you want GL you need to search for them. These are usually separated by tags so if you look at BL tags you won't find any GL.

In Chinese its under "百合” throw that into google or jjwxc search

If you want double sexed thats "双性” ie they have both body parts (ok truthfully this i feel is more for H, but there are some with good plots! And good H)

Hm...i don't really know about trans novels though, i can't imagine they are as common, but they should exists(?)

iampheng and Dragon_Reader like this.
  20. etern

etern Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some Spoilers for the Extras (Disclaimer: Used Safari's MTL, so accuracy debatable)

Everyone is 3 years in the past: Bro9 takes a different path and survives his death - in the original timeline he sacrificed himself, this time, everyone is saved during that mission. XL(MC) invites everyone to a WeChat group they nickname Card Team. Bro9 is late to join bc he's on mission and can't be reached. OldGui has no memory bc he was a hunter and didn't have the option of keeping his memory. They all (except Bro9 and OldGui) meet up at one of the team members' properties (I think the lady who takes over for her parents dojo?) and decide to save him from his heart attack and befriend him again even if he doesn't remember them bc he's still one of them in their hearts. The rest of the team takes advantage of being 3 yrs in the past to makes changes, like the Couple decides to get married that winter and invites everyone, SGG will help everyone make money and make his business even bigger while preparing to get rid of all the bad people who got him killed originally, the one lady takes over her parents Dojo etc.

XL tells his mentor at Uni that he's decided to not be a professor and instead joins the Police department as a forensic doctor so he can spend more time and assist/help protect ML. After all the Card Room helped prepare him and he is confident he won't drag the police down by helping.

ML comes to visit and they share a "first kiss" again bc it's 3yrs in the past. ML shows XL the paperwork for transferring to Jianzhong 2 years early - he originally had this option in the old timeline, but rejected the transfer bc of tense relationship with his Dad, but changes his decision in the new timeline to meet XL earlier.

They go on a first date at a private Hot Pot room that ML knows (since he grew up in this city). ML tells XL that his dad was really strict, but looking back on it, bc his dad was so strict, he was better able to survive in the Card Room. And that looking at it now, every though he was strict, if ML ever wanted anything and asked for something, Dad would always agree so while his Dad has a bad temper, very strict, he is a good dad overall. And XL is all, so you transfer to get along with you dad better and ML is yes, how else can I take you to go meet the parents. XL is "….." and says he's not ready and ML is "We can't sneak around all our life and want our families and friends to know, but will go at XL's pace for timing of meeting" XL is very touched and tells ML he has a surprise for him, but won't tell and that he'll know in a few days (Surprise is that XL works for police now). After HotPot, they go to see a movie and it's a romance and XL is surprised it's not an action or police movie and ML is I do that for real life, no interest but we're in love so should see romantic movies. :)aww:ML so cute!)

When ML drops XL off (aside: earlier in the extra: XL told a taxi driver to take him home but forgot he didn't live there yet bc it's 3 years in the past xDDD) As XL heads home he looks back and ML is watching him, so XL runs back to give him a kiss to show he loves him bc he's shy about expressing it in words, but can do so in action. (these two are so cute). As ML leaves, he thinks: since XL is still renting a house, why not just have XL move in with him directly!

The next day, ML's dad calls him to question him about the transfer and is all "Your excuse about having someone you like in Jiangzhou is to deceive your mom. You've been in Linzhou since graduating the police academy and only come back to Jiangzhou for a day or two during the new year. Where did you get time to find someone you like in Jiangzhou?"

ML is all "I met during school, we've kept in contact electronically. I've liked them for a long time and only recently confessed and he accepted" Dad is still skeptical bc ML is cold blooded with questionable understanding of romantic feelings (the MTL says "emotions had not been enlightened" LOL) and his cold face scared away anyone who's confessed to him. The interaction between him and his dad is cute and all gruff and stiff:

Now I'm happy to hear my son say that there are people he likes, and even mentions "marriage", but on the surface, he still said faintly: "You are an adult, and I don't think I can care about your business."

Hanjiang's lips gently raised: "Thank you, Dad."

Yi Cheng said with a tense face, "I haven't agreed yet."

Hanjiang said seriously, "After seeing him, you must like it. My vision will not be bad."

He shrugged his shoulders: "Hope. When you come to Jiangzhou, you directly go to Ren Bureau to report. I'm about to retire. No matter what personnel transfer is, don't let your colleagues know that you are my son.

"I understand."

Since ML wants to XL to move in with him he goes to the proper he has in Jiangzhou (left to him by grandpa) and sees that it's very cold, and since he wants XL to feel like it's home, he goes shopping to decorate it and buys pillows, bedding etc in beige since that's XL's preferred home décor color. Also buys cookware to cook for XL.

At the police station, they're holding a welcoming for ML and his new comrades are all, we're very lucky! We have two handsome and competent people coming into the department! And ML turns around and XL is standing there and ML is stunned :blobrofl: They act like it's the first time they're meeting (once ML gets a hold of himself) bc they don't want their comrades to know they know each other. But ML is very touched and feels loved by XL coming to work with the police and he even gets a little blurry eyed (i.e. so touched he tears up a little). ML then treats everyone to food in celebration and after tells everyone he'll take XL home bc he has some questions for him.

In the car, XL asks if ML is happy and ML says he's happy but doesn't want ML to be wronged (police work not easy) and XL says as long as he's with ML he won't feel wronged and it's all worth it. So they end up kissing at the light and people end up beeping them bc the light turns green and they're still kissing LOL. Then XL is all: we going to wrong way and ML is like I have somewhere else to take you.

While they're driving, XL tells his family via WeChat that he's going to join the police. XL's parents are surprised but support him. XL's mom is all "how are you going to date?" and XL is "I already have a date" and XL's mom is "Really?! And sends a meme: Don't Lie to me if I read less books.jpg" LOL

ML notices XL is watching him and asks what's wrong and XL tells him that mom was worried about his dating life so he told them he already found a date. From their XL and ML decide not to let the police department know they're involved to avoid people not taking their work opinions seriously, i.e. people might believe ML is biased towards XL's observations and their judgement is clouded etc) XL and ML believe they are capable of separating work and home and staying objective.

ML then shows XL the home his grandpa left to him and ML even prepared couple's house slippers for them. While exploring XL ask "your house only have one bedroom?" and ML says he turned the other into an exercise room bc he likes to exercise and XL thinks "so living together also means sharing a bed?" and turns red. ML says he(ML) can sleep on the sofa if XL minds, but XL says he doesn't mind (is just embarresed) :blobxd:

ML and XL spend the night together and ML blow dries XL's hair :aww: We also find out ML has bought couple cups/mugs, towels, pajamas etc LMAO and ML is all "aren't we loves? Daily necessities, of course, use things like lovers' sets" ML has such a thick face LOL

XL is very shy about staying the night with ML and ML is all "we don’t' have to do anything, I just want to hold you" and XL very touched and tells ML that he's not used to sleeping with someone and has to get used to it. ML also tell XL that if something is wrong or ML does something XL doesn't like, to speak up and not keep it buried in his heart. ML is such a good husbando :aww:

ML's birthday is Oct25. XL decides to make dinner for ML and ML doesn't seem to realize it's his birthday and goes out and will be coming home in the evening instead of having lunch with XL. XL prepares a candle lit dinner and cake. XL gets ML a cashmere scarf. and ML decides to propose to XL on his birthday bc coming into the world symbolizes life to ML and XL is as important as life to ML so he wants to propose on his birthday.

XL and ML do the deed for the first time on ML's birthday. ML says let him handle it but his experience is basically using X-Rated Films as a teaching tool LOL. But they're both enthusiastic and ML does it several times with XL that night blobmelt_thumbs In fact we find out that ML was so enthusiastic that XL actually passed out :blobrofl:

ML gets birthday wishes from his parents on his phone that is very straight forward asking ML to bring who he likes to meet his parents. ML texts back: (MTL following)

"I will take him home in a few days and introduce his situation to my mother first. His name is Xiao Lou, one year younger than me. He graduated from the Department of Forensic Medicine of Jiangzhou Medical University. In order to give up my stable job as a teacher in the university, he went to the front line of the police force. He is talented, handsome, gentle and easy to get along with, and he is the best person I have ever met.":blobicecreamlove:

and Mom is "..." bc ML hasn't ever praised anyone like that before. and then ML follows that up with: I've proposed, Will only marry XL in this life" :blobrofl:and Momo is: You're an adult, think carefully. Me and your dad can't point a gun at your head to force you, but should still think about it and ML response: "I think so clearly that he must be in my life" and his Mom: Your temper is as stubborn as your father! and then she tells ML to bring XL home since she wants to meet the person who makes him so stubborn.

ML asks if XL ready to meet parents and XL agrees. They decide to go XL first than ML.

XL Parents: ML play chess with dad, help mom cook. XL's mom is very happy and is like: "you gave up teaching and went to the police to chase ML, right?":blobxd: and XL is like: cough ... sure that's how that is and his Mom pats him and goes "good eyesight" and says she can see ML is very good to him and prioritizes XL. XL's parents give ML a 101 yuan red packet meaning one in ten thousand and are very happy with ML.

ML Parents: It's a bit more awkward. XL follow ML's mom to the kitchen so ML and Dad can talk. Dad confirms ML is serious, asks about the wedding. ML says they don't plan to have one, just have everyone get together for a meal as witness. ML hopes parents can approve. ML Dad is like: I'm actually very happy. Your mom worried you die alone. ML is: Am I that bad? Dad says: You are just arrogant and despise those who like you. (Ouch, burn ML, Burn :blobrofl:) and then Mom and XL return and ML softens and says arrogant bc not meet the right person. in front of XL, all pride can be put aside :aww:. ML's parents give XL a box containing clear jade from ML's grandpa meant for ML's wife. which means they also approve of XL.

ML references the Hearts 8 Chamber where they were married and says we are also real husbands in the real world.

... I'm really bad a short spoilers it seems :blobwoah::blobwoah:

there are also spoilers for Old Gui, SGG&QY and TangCi&Bro9 (TangCi&Bro9 extra is published separately from Card Room and can be found on the original publishing site for free, just look up 九唐番外) I might post spoilers for the other extras later … these take longer than I initially expected :blobdead::blobconfounded: