Spoiler I Picked Up the Second Male Lead After the Ending

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ahmya, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Redvelvetlove

Redvelvetlove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler
    :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

2. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    can you tell what happens after mc heart broke and she cried...? ugh

3. syofiaa

syofiaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thankyou so much for the spoiler~
    ㅠ.ㅠ the MC just so pitiful :( her love just too big, and the ML don't deserved our lovely MC T.T

Can't the plot move to MC suddenly dying or disappear before the 100th day?
    ... At least I want to see this ML regretting his act towrds MC, and yk suffering a lil bit (lol jk, suffering a BIG time more suitable)

She likes strawberry bcs HE likes it :( damn, the ML need to get hit in the head.

4. fiminkio

fiminkio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow this novel is too much for me. From the moment he saved his first love first, i'm already NO YOU DON'T DESERVE HER. Like wtf??!! So i want him to feel jealous af bfr he dreams to be with her. Our mc suffered too much and he should feel the same too. She has a big heart. If it's me i leave him. I don't like to make my own heart suffer

5. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Gosh..my heart...just broke into pieces..

6. Sea serin

Sea serin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really want to slap richt....i hate him without any doubt...brainless bamboo

7. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah same i don’t want her to accept his confession if he ever confesses

8. nutsforsein

nutsforsein Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The funny thing is that right when she exits the room, She is already determined to make the ML fall in love with her and after this chapter, The raspberries incident happens:blobpopcorn_two:

tbvh I still can’t get myself approving the ML because all he does is thinks That he isn’t worth MC, Saves the MC from danger and all that shit. Idk I just don’t like him enough for him to be the ML because in other novels, The second ML is so nice both in the OG novel and the present one

hopefully the ML will get some enlightenment and will fully love the MC for who she is and won’t just procrastinate all the time and will just get stuck in the past :notlikeblob:

my suggestion for him is to : Just m.o.v.e on

PS. I want a new ML:blobsob:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  9. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    yes I don't like this ml as well, he is shitty and don't deserve Mc , he can go and cry in corner over his past love lol

10. rero00

rero00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So did she reincarnated into Replie's novel?

Xienne likes this.
  11. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ripley? Do u mean the mc of “ I stole the male leads first night “ ??? No this just has the same author the story isn’t connected

Tofufufu, Xienne, Tanabanana and 7 others like this.
  12. Verbisluna

Verbisluna Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn I cried while reading the spoilers... This is why it's a harsh path to love someone heartbroken by another love and it doesn't help how precious our MC is... I really want him to redeem himself, let go of his pride/excuses and shower her with lots of love to the point she's overwhelmed

13. If I was

If I was Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Christ this ML why is he so weak willed It gets me so mad :sweating_profusely:

Apparently his reason for letting Peony break the engagement and go back to Garten is because she always get hurt cuz weak constitution and she deserves blah blah blah

I wish this ML would stop making excuses for himself that poor girl was waiting for you not to send her away

and she wouldn't have even said that she wants to break the engagement and go back to Garten had not for you unwilling to patch up with her over some stupid tree incident (which was your fault mind you) and you saying that she's wasting her time living in a cold decrepit castle.

Devon was right, you're gonna regret this and you even agreed with him like ??? :facepalm:

Poor Peony until the end she still thought for the ML's sake, even asking the maid to hire a bee keeper so he can still have honey :blobpensive:

Lignin, aloeveraa, Blue_C06 and 87 others like this.
  14. Chizuru

Chizuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler guys, and bewjdhkwjdjs he don't deserve her

15. BlueRoseJuliet

BlueRoseJuliet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate to say this and sound cliche but honestly I think the swift kick in the pants for Richt is going to be the introduction of a second ML. This is my prediction but mainly I just enjoy coming up with plots.

The second ML a childhood friend/friend of the family or someone who loved her from afar and is willing to help her heal. I honestly can't see ML stopping her from leaving at this point nor contacting her after months apart and could see her family maybe inviting young men over, who they deem more qualified to be with her and hopefully help her recover. They fit the standard bill of a secondary ML in that they would handsome, intelligent, patient, kind, and willing to give the MC the love she so rightly deserves. He's very popular among the people and her family would probably adore him and gently nudge the two together. She is honest about her feelings but the 2ML is willing wait ("He was your first love, I intend to be your last" kind of thing). Maybe she realizes that the 2ML is putting himself in the position she did but decides that perhaps it's better to move on with someone who genuinely cares for her and who places her first in their heart. At the very least, she could help prevent someone else from feeling the heartbreak she did. Maybe Hestia hears about this and goes to talk to her about it but MC shuts her down saying that she's tired of competing with the ghost of another woman and for once would like to be someones first choice rather than second. Hestia feel guilty and decides to go to ML informing him about MC and the 2ML but being the tsundere he is, Richt brushes it off which infuriates her. She goes to leave only to tell him that she's glad Peony is moving on because she deserves better than a coward. Being the OGFL though she softens her tone and reminds him that few people are lucky to find love once in their lifetime let alone twice before leaving Richt to think. Of course being the stubborn ass he is he decides that MC is still better off without him. This all changes when once again MC is in danger and Richt helps rescue her before 2ML can get there but being the tsundere he is he ends up yelling at her except this time she argues right back shocking him just as the 2ML gets there. 2ML immediately checks to see if she's okay and keeps muttering about how happy he is that she's safe while embracing her as Richt looks on jealously. They part ways with MC saying goodbye to him using his title rather than his name and as she walks away she makes the decision to see him as only the Duke rather than Richt, the man she loved. Richt meanwhile is flashing back to watching Hestia walk away with his brother and wondering why it hurts more this time. Then angrily wondering why the 2ML took so long to get there and how MC could have been hurt and decides to investigate this incident only to realize it seems someone has been aiming for the MC rather than Hestia for some reason. This leads to the ML offering to help guard the MC as they look for the perpetrators (much to her families displeasure but the begrudgingly agree). This of course leads to awkward situations of him encountering the 2ML and the two getting into glaring matches/sharing veiled insults. He keeps pointing out negative things about the 2ML (his swordsmanship needs work or he'd probably faint at the sight of blood or how he's probably never been in a battle once in his life) or how MC seems to be fake smiling. But what really sets her off is when he bluntly states that she doesn't really love the 2ML which leads to her going off on him again about how she's at least willing to give him a chance and she might not love him now but she is going to do her best to move on from ML because at least being with the 2ML doesn't hurt. ML realizes that she still loves him but he could really lose her this time because 2ML is a great guy and he could see a girl like her ending up in love with him. However, he decides that he's going to be selfish for once and go after what he wants.

This is more than likely never going to happen but hey a girl can dream.

squioo, Lignin, Yukta and 63 others like this.
  16. Ellavader6666

Ellavader6666 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is by far the best possible outcome. Thank you everyone, I'm taking this as the ending bye:blobpeek:

17. BlueRoseJuliet

BlueRoseJuliet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually also thought of a fair ending as well. Before the argument with Richte, the 2ML proposes to her making her shocked and she quietly asks him if she can think about. After their argument. Peony decides she's done with ML and she has the chance to find trues happiness as the 2ML is wonderful and goes to him.
    2ML: Penny if you need more time to think this over, I'm fine with waiting, I'll wait as long as you need me to.
    MC: (shakes her head) There's no need to wait anymore 2ML. My answer is yes, I want to be your wife.
    2ML is ecstatic and hugs her: Thank you Princess, I promise that I will spend the rest of my life making sure you are happy!
    MC smiles as she hugs him back. (Thinking to herself: It's time I start focusing on my own happiness and 2ML cares for me more than Richt ever did. I will do my best to put him first in my heart).
    ML hears of their engagement and is heartbroken and decides that perhaps this was for the best after all as he watches MC's family congratulate the happy couple. 2ML takes MC to visit his parents graves and gives her a ring that has been passed down in his family for years and that his mother always hoped he would one day give it to the woman we would marry one day. His father passed away when he was just a little boy and his mother followed when he was in his early teens. But he says they would have liked MC. She remembers how 2ML was forced to take up his position early in life and knows it could not have been easy for a boy that young to have to deal with court politics. She makes a promise to herself that she will give 2ML a loving home.
    Richt, as he continues to be on the look out for who is after MC, noticed the 2ML acting strange (sneaking off every other week for a couple of hours without anyone knowing where he is, how he looks so tired, and how he's receiving letters from an unknown person). This comes to a head at the engagement party where he follows after 2ML only to find him on the balcony with an mysterious woman.
    Woman: How long are you going to wait to tell MC?
    2ML: Later I promises, tonight is a happy occasion. I don't want to make her upset.
    Woman: It'll only be worse if you keep delaying it. MC is a sweet girl and doesn't deserve being deceived like this. She should know the truth about the man she is going to marry.
    Hearing this, Richt is pissed and confronts the two, ignoring their protests as he accuses the 2ML of cheating on the MC and going off on him. 2ML tries to reply but suddenly doubles over in pain, coughing into his hand as the woman kneels by his side.
    Woman:It's gotten worse hasn't it? Damn it 2ML I told you to take it easy!
    ML is shocked to see blood on 2ML's hand and the woman explains that she's 2ML's doctor and friend. It turns out theres a lung disease that is common in 2ML's family which is why his father died so young. It seemed like it had skipped him as he grew up but a couple years ago he started having these attacks every couple of months, then once a month, and now twice a month. At this rates he'll die within the next year or two. That was why he decided to ask out MC, because he wanted to live the rest of his life with no regrets.

ML is furious at this and punches him, saying that he's not even thinking of MC's feelings and how she'll feel when he dies and that he's being selfish which leads to an argument between the two which MC walks in on. 2ML storms away as MC stands by the 2ML checking to see if he's okay after see the red mark on his face. Eventually (a couple days or weeks later) ML realizes 2ML still hasn't told MC the truth and in an argument with MC reveals the truth only for her to shoot back that she already knows. She says she figured it out awhile ago after she kept seeing 2ML with a slightly bloody handkerchief at times and then researching his family to discover that many died young. Since then she's been trying to help find a cure for his illness, knowing that he most likely won't tell her till it too late so as not to burden her with his feelings. ML asks why she's still marrying him if she knows this. She's quiet for a moment before replying that at the very least she can make sure the rest of his remaining life is spent happily before making an excuse to leave. ML watches her go, thinking about how she spends so much time worrying about other people's happiness that she neglects her own. ML ends up helping her research places that could help the 2ML blah blah blah reaches understanding with 2ML blah blah catches the culprits trying to get MC yada yada yada they find a doctor finally. Unfortunately because the 2ML came to him so late in his disease the most the surgery will guarantee him is maybe 2 or three more years but 2ML still accepts, valuing anytime he can spend with the MC.

The twist you might ask? MC goes and marries the 2ML while the ML goes back to his home. The 2ML ends up lasting six more years before passing away but he lived a happy life with MC who grew to love her husband as much as she loved ML and they ended up having a little boy. At the funeral who should show up but the ML? For the past couple years the 2ML and ML would exchange letters about how Peony is doing as the 2ML knew Richte still held a torch for MC and wanted someone who would be there for her when his time comes. When his time is almost up he meets secretly with the ML and gives him his blessing.
    Richte: Are you telling me to marry your wife? (sounding stunned and slightly disgusted)
    2ML: Not now of course, idiot. But Peony (eyes goes soft) I've always known I've been on borrowed time with her. I'm confident that she loves me and I hold a place in her heart but (glances over at ML) I also know that there's still a space for you in her heart that never fully closed. That's what made me fall in love with her you know? She's always had the biggest heart, big enough to love so many people. I've made her a widow so young. She deserves to find happiness once more, to be a mother once again (he knows MC wanted a bigger family but due to his health they were lucky enough to have their one son) and I don't think it could be with anyone but you. She's stubborn though and heaven knows she's loyal to a fault. So please, be patient with her and just be there for her and my son. And when the time comes..(he smiles somewhat sadly ) well know that you have my blessing.

Richte watches MC from a distance at the funeral and thinks "You were willing to wait a 100 days for me. This time, I'll be the one waiting for you. Whether it's a hundred days or years. I'll wait." And that is where the story would ideally end. Not with the main characters getting their happy ending but a hopeful ending where they've grown in their own ways and somewhat reversing the positions they were in at the start of the story.

Lignin, Rheamelody, R1gby and 92 others like this.
  18. maamhua

maamhua Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Y'all better write your own novels huhuhu these alt endings are making my heart hurt but in a good way

Lignin, R1gby, aloeveraa and 30 others like this.
  19. Carollllllll

Carollllllll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm like :aww: you could be a writer I would totally read you book this is better than a lot of Korean novels :blobokhand: I cried imagining this scene but it's also funny imagining peony not only getting the ml but also the second ml :blobmelt:

squioo, Lignin, athene911 and 21 others like this.
  20. Sdelt

Sdelt Active Member

Reading List:
    Link