Spoiler The Viridescent Crown

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Deleted member 262282, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Multistanzzz

Multistanzzz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg what?? Huhu Now I love both Lumier and Sina so much. Like
    He died Protecting our MC(Ran) when he was dating Sina(yeah it's his job but still), and he wished for Sina to be sent to her World(korea). That's why in the beginning chapter of the novel when Gustaf and Ran were in Bed before flirting she was thinking how Lumiere and sina were doing and were they happy .
    Omo omo I feel emotional, I'm glad all Four of them got their Happy Ending(although they got seperated)
    Thank you very much for the spoilers

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  2. juuni

juuni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No matter how good a job Ran did, she was still only the regent for the Duchy until Yustav came of age. What you're advocating for is, if someone does a good enough job administering a minor's inheritance, they're entitled to it, and that's not really how it works.

3. Ellavader6666

Ellavader6666 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy Crap...if in the og novel she got pregnant how did her trauma affect the rest of the story? How did Yustaf react? How did she cope? It is a dick move (no pun intended) to make something like that happen to a character for pity points.

Samsamsam11 and Multistanzzz like this.
  4. Kharuto

Kharuto Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t have nothing to say to end this debate :blobsweat::blobsweat:. I think The manhwa’s plot and yustav clearly said it enough. But I admit that Yustav's behavior from the beginning to the middle of the story made me confused whether he had already trusted Ian or not. The recent chapter of manhwa, this week, answered it all. :blobwink: From my point of view, the problem in their relationship at the beginning was trust (mostly for yustav) then their past.

But this is what Yustav’s thought about Lan after their wedding and this chapter nearing the end.

This chapter tells about how Lan held surprise birthday party for yustav and gave a cake made by herself. After the party, they went to bed and sleep.

Lan fell asleep quickly in his arms. Yustaf opened his eyes and looked at Lan.
    You must have been quite tired.

'I've been working all night, so that's a good reason.'

A birthday party that you prepare yourself.
    It was amazing.
    And--
    My heart trembled. Yustaf, who seemed to have swallowed a living mouse, put his hand on my chest. It was the first time that my heart was pounding like this.
    Lan made my heart beat in so many ways.
    a world of varied sensibilities
    Lan always opened a new door for him. Things that were just passing by became special with her.
    The wonder of butterfly wings and the mysterious light of the feather of a water gun were recognized with Lan. Lan was a man of firm belief that building the world was made up of shiny things.
    And you have that sparkle, Lan always said with his eyes.

'And in this way.'

Whenever she gave herself a pleasant surprise, Yustaf felt that the world was becoming valuable because of her.
    Who knows that the world is worthwhile and beautiful because of one person?
    Yustaff holding Lan’s arm.
    His world is in his arms.

5. radical6

radical6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so after Lumire or whatever his name is dies for Ran, how does Sina go back to south korea? Like right after he dies does the god just send her back immediately? or does she wait?

Does Ran know where Sina went?

6. Kharuto

Reading List:
    Link
    You can read the previous spoiler for details. Because someone already posted the spoilers about that.

7. radical6

radical6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I know. I was wondering how the whole process went. Like if it happened immediately or not. Mostly because I hope she got closure with Ran and that world before returning to south korea.

If she did get closure i was wondering if they had a last talk before Sina goes back to korea.

Also ran was south korean right? Does she ever tell Sina she knew about earth and was isekaid? lol

AnnHime and Elyriona like this.
  8. Elyriona

Elyriona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shit, it is really very dark story. Somewhere in spoiler I read that in original storyline Ran was left by Yustaf because she was raped :( And Yustaf ended up with someone else not Ran. As for Ran she ended up with her cousin. So this story was marked as tragedy.

Was it true? I hope that Yustaf didn’t left Ran in such terrible situation. Please tell me that author didn’t write such ending in ORIGINAL STORY. I know that Ran and Yus now would have their happy ending. But currently I am more interested what ending for Ran and Yus was awaiting in original storyline.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  9. Ellavader6666

Ellavader6666 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same. The events of the original just left me with a bad feeling aftewards, I need to know that it wasn't as bad in the end, pls someone tell me that it had a good ending:blob_teary:

Multistanzzz likes this.
  10. Serphinalily

Serphinalily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to point out that Yustaf spent most of his childhood at school and they barely saw each other growing up. Furthermore, though Yustaf calls Ran "sister", you should consider the cultural context of this story. Although this story seeme to be placed in a vaguely European setting, the author is Korean. In many east asian countries (Korea, China), it is a common practice to call those of the same generation who are older "older brother" and "older sister" and those in the same generation who are younger "little brother" and "little sister" or by their name directly. This is especially so in Korea where it enforces a sense of hierarchy and where there is an emphasis on respecting those older than you, even if only by one year. While the author is writing in a vaguely European setting, they are Korean and thus we should be aware that wording uncomfortable for Western readers will occur.

11. Kharuto

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh okay, i got it. But i’m sorry that I haven't read it until that chapter because I can't open a chapter freely on kkp, the reason why i clicked chapter 144 because i clicked it accidentally :facepalm: .... but if I reach to that chapter I will share it. Might be someone else on this thread can share how that part went. :blobcry:

12. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Yikes, what a sick in the head author, What kind of nutjob does that to a character to garner sympathy for her? Hell this treatment isn't even given to ultra villains in majority of series, while he did it to the FL.

Actually disgusted that this was supposed to be a part of story and this is the author mindset, after reading the I am child of this house and these spoilers of original work, gonna just spare myself from this author stuff in the future.

Thanks for the info~
    If that is true, beyond words for this author - Making your lead raped, pregnant with a child she didn't wanted and prolly doesn't even know who the father is, traumatizing her for life and having the "true love ML" dump her cuz she is now sullied goods? if that actually happened, Yustav wins the worst ML poll by a good margin really and the author is a sicko.

You missed the point, Ran is not just a simple administrator, She herself termed her as temp head only because she wants yustav happiness and that is why she told him ,she would support her and let himtake over the duchy.
    Ran is LEGAL HEIR to duchy, the duke passed the inheritance to her and not yustav,She owns everything in the duchy from that moment onwards, Further she is recognized by the guardian spirit only Duchy heads can, which further solidifies her position in even the legacy way. Her administrating the duchy right has nothing to do with it, because whether she destroys it or makes it royal family tier, its gonna be hers.
    Thats why Yustav knight felt she would betray them, because yustav will either need HER to pass on the title, or do a rebellion to kill her.
    Thats why the uncle stated that whether yustav becomes head is solely depending on her giving him the title or not.
    And that is what happened in first life - Ran was the true duchess, married robby and thus the uncle became defacto real duke and yustav only could succeed as next in line after - Ran, the original heir, Uncle the second heir, robby the third heir died.

So, yea the situation of yustav becoming duke without starting a blood filled rebellion only lies in the hands of Ran, since yustav is nothing more than second in line after parents death ( PS that is also the resentment of carriage accident in sorts, because only ran survived making her the legal inheritor)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  13. Screamletter

Screamletter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed with your statement yustaf win the worst ml cause he dump mc because of "that" situation. At least comfort her and stay with her as best friend. Is he crazy?. When i know this, i bcm to hate him for being so trash.of course, bcs of this all shitty things, author can't get readers sympathy but their wrath.

darkcrystal and Multistanzzz like this.
  14. juuni

juuni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if it's different in the novel, but in the manhwa that's not how it happened. Ysutaf would have been the undisputed heir were it not for his being underage. The uncle brought up Ran's being legitimsed because he intended to use her to take over the duchy, likely by making her marry Robbie after getting her overwhelmed by debts. No one else seemed willing to accept her right to administer the duchy until Yustaf came of age - which was all Ran said she was willing to do - until she proved herself capable by wearing the ring.

She doesn't. She made it clear when accepting the position she was only doing so until Yustaf came of age, at which point she would return it to the person she considered its rightful master. She considered herself a simple trustee, and not the owner.

If she'd refused to return the duchy to Yustaf when he came of age, she'd have betrayed the role she accepted, that of temporary head until Yustaf came of age.

In the first life, Ran died when she was a child, and the uncle usurped the duchy.

15. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link

forgot about first life, my bad
    but Nope about latter - Chap 3 , when they were against ran because of her blood - uncle stated that Appointing Ran was the will of the previous head, and everyone of yustav supporters did rightfully shut up. Meaning it was the actual will, because no way every other vassal was a clown who followed uncle without knowing shit.

And no they all shut up even before ran spoke at all because of the will of previous duke, The one being shocked and whining after ring fiasco is the uncle itself, because this means Ran is head not just via the will but also ACKNOWLEDGED by guardian, thus it makes it harder for HIM to replace her.
    Her considering yustav rightful heir is just her mindset, legally she is the heir , also in those times - ONCE the head of family is appointed, he/she is not replaced unless certain situations happen
    1) Death of Head
    2) Forced removal of head, but involves permission of royal family, because each head is ratified by royal family, thus you go against them
    3) If a female head, she is married away
    4) If a female head, the eldest son marries
    5) Self Removal

Yustav can not achieve those conditions unless ran herself steps down or they kill her.

Lola_Neres, ariane09 and lousybanana like this.
  16. juuni

juuni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know what the uncle said. (Though the other people present didn't shup up after (there's muttering sfx), although the one who was talking did. They clearly shut up when Ran raised her hand.) However, just before that, he himself said that "Since Yustaf is underage, Ran should be the head," meaning that the reason Ran was even be considered for the postion is Yustaf's young age, and not the former Duke's will.

It was the reason why she took the position in the first place, and she made it quite clear to everyone there she only considered herself a regent until the rightful heir came of age. She entered a verbal contract to return the position to Yustaf in two years, and those present were witness to it.

In those times, no matter if the fomer owner of the title wrote it out in their will, an adopted child would never inherit, nevermind over a direct descendant, nevermind a female heir over a male (for the most part - there are expections.) Yustaf would always be the heir over anyone else, even his younger brother, and any hypothetical blood-related (from his father's side) older sisters, and the most anyone could be is regent until he came of age.

Honestly, it's hard to say how these Western-like societies are supposed to work in Asian media, because a lot of the time they don't follow the rules we expect them to, either on purpose or not (eyeing you, Western-style monarchs with more than one legal wife.) I only really answered your post because it appeared to me to defend Ran's taking possession of the duchy because of her skillful administration. You've already said that wasn't the case, so if you want to continue the discussion maybe we can take it to pm so we don't clog the thread.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  17. wingedkuriboh

wingedkuriboh New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My god this spoiler thread is crazy in a nutshell:blobsleepless:
    Thank you to all the angels who translated the fluffy moments between Ran and Yustuf, I love you so much
    Meanwhile the OG story...honestly I will put this author in my blocklist in the future, it's crazy to put such torture to the FL no matter for sympathy or gaining views, too bad.
    The manga on the other hand has such great artwork and condense plots, I really like the manga author's interpretation so I am gonna forget the novel and treat the manga as the official story:blobnosebleed:
    (Since I am the only child so I am not feeling too weird with the step brother-sister thingy, to my point of view they only live together often after ML's graduation...)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  18. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Aye its no problem, was fun having a civil discussion about it.

And yea, asian media trying to portray western settings leave lots of gaps... the worst and most annoying being honorifics..
    You can't imagine how much I cringe when these manhwa/novels use the terms unnie and oppa....like for fucks sake, on one hand you are showing victorian royalty on other hand you are using modern korean slangs? the fuck?
    If its like FL teasing ML/friends with it fine, but then you have random no names without a relation using them
    - Oppa, buy me a drink? in a 16th century world ffsss
    barely any series even uses proper honorifics like Lady, Madame, Miss, Master, Milord, Lordship while addressing anyone in stories.

Yea defo same about future author works,way too pathetic attempt at garnering more attention for novel.

Hopefully manhwa stays clear of that bullshit by few miles till end.

19. KohaneAoi

KohaneAoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm someone explain to me what are u guys talking about? first life (u mean in the real story of the book?) well I read the novel after chapter 35 manhwa tho i didn't complete it fully... i just need to read book 4 and 5 lol ...did they explain it before at the start?? well i read the novel and manhwa ....more like at the end of book novel 1 after she meet the prince chp 35 manhwa but there's nothing like that...(sorry my English bad lol)...maybe i need to read from the start? :sweating_profusely:
    about raped thing some ppl complain why Rumi didn't save Ran and i was wondering about that as well... but when i read novel that was because she didn't meet him (she will meet him afterward ... it'll happen soon in the manhwa... first party she went alone with knight Ross and at the first of party that stupid prince tried to inv her for his first dance ( first dance should just be with ur family or wife or betrothed person) and Ran was trying to run away saying her legs hurt but he keep asking her in front of everyone something like "how can u reject my inv and u know how much I'm going after you" and Ran and everyone was shocked ... Ran inside her head said "omg i want to faint yes let's faint "... she made herself faint from the pain in her legs and knight Ross helped her and they run away from the party lol and ofc Ran was keeping getting angry about that stupid price and sad the she couldn't have fun in party or meeting ppl for business and here Yus asked her if she want to dance with him and she said yes and they danced on balcony and they have fun talking...the second time she went to party with Yus and Yus asked her for dance and she agreed and she danced with him happily because Yus praised her that her dance got a little better XD after that the stupid prince brother asked her for dance and she danced with him and while dancing and talking she noticed Yus taking hand oliviar? (the stupid prince wife) and they went to dance floor ( Ran was worried if olivar will fall for Yus like in the story) and after that the prince asked her he want to talk with her alone and she agreed and went outside in the garden? and they were talking about some stuff business and his stupid brother if i remember then he said he will be back to party and she said i want to stay outside a little and he said ok and the prince went inside and while she was outside that stupid prince appeared and said Hey and blocked her way and hold her both hands fast so she can't run away he told her he want to talk a little to her then she said can u let go of my hand and i'll hear u and he let her go and she tried to run ( well i didn't understand fully what happened here since the translating was bad ^^; ) i guess he pushed her down and she tried to run but he was holding both her hand and legs and her dress was in the way so she screamed and the prince said there's no use and she can't do anything against him and after that he was flying away because Yus kicked him very hard and he went to Ran to help her up and cover her head and body with his coat and asked her if she was ok and she still in shocked and so she answer him with low voice "...yes" and he hold her tightly (Ran was trying to hold herself from crying) (ppl here start to gather around them with empress (stupid prince mother) and the stupid prince stand from his place and he point at Yus and asked his mother that Yus should be arrested and imprisoned but while he was screaming Yus opened his Glove and throw it at his face and asked for a duel for his sister's honor and tried to get agreement from the empress to leave party and since the empress already know what type her idiot son is and she agreed to let them leave and while they were waiting for carriage he asked her if she was ok she tried to say how many time u asking me this while trying to smile but failed and her tears start to come out so he hugged her to calm her and they want inside carriage and she stayed on his lap crying until she calmed down and Yus pulled her set to beside him (since she was heavy and and she stand fast embarrassed but he told her she's not heavy that was because of the dress XD) and they talked for long time it was warm talk to calm her while leaning on his shoulder (by this time i think Yus already know that he love Ran because he said "sister u can betray me, but I cannot betray you) and he admitted to himself after she saved Rumi that he will make her his... she saved Rumi before she going back to Lacia with Yus ... sorry there's many mistake with names and writing ^^; and maybe some stuff i said not right or clear... ...
    is there first version for this book that things happened like what ppl said in pages before the author change the story?? i was wondering ^^; ... if there's ...then i guess i'm lucky to read new version lol or else i won't buy it lol or read the story or manhwa