Things about a product that just annoy you?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Dec 20, 2020.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    During Black Friday, I bought an Apple AirPod. It was amazing—let’s just say that; that when my mom saw it she ordered me to let her use it. I really can’t say no, so I let her borrow it. She never returned it...yea I guess it’s her Christmas present now. So recently I bought a second AirPod. It works just fine, but there is one thing I really hate about it. It gets on my nerves a lot. My second AirPod is slippery—so much that I barely could take them out of the case. I thought it was grease from my ear so I clean them after each use. Strangely, My case has a slippery feel to it as well. It annoy me so much that I clean my entire case and yet the slippery feel is still there. I thought my hand natural oil is also a contributing factor so I wipe my hand sometimes before grabbing the buds out of the case. It helps but I shouldn’t have to do that because my first AirPod wasn’t this slippery. I think it is a defect and mostly likely a defect that Apple won’t replace.

Ya thought? Got any of your own story?

Ai chan likes this.
  2. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    False advertising. I got that a lot from online shopping. Also you can coat that airpod with something textured or texture it's surface with tools. Personally i don't really see such defects as problem as it's more to their finish rather than it's functions quality and i can do something on my own to fix it.

3. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Made in [country]." Seriously, I wish American could make much of their products on American soil vs. child sweat labor shops.

4. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Capitalism. If you don't do it, your competition will.

Halcyon Observer and Beren like this.
  5. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan isn't a fan of those airpod thingies. Ai-chan wouldn't be caught dead using one of those. You don't think this is a big deal now, but when the zombie apocalypse come and you want to search for wired earphones to use as antenna for your makeshift radio, you realize belatedly that all of your earphones are wireless! And since you're such a hipster, you realize that you don't have anything else to substitute for it either.

It often pays to be old fashioned. Zombies are bastards. Don't get caught with your pants down in bed with a zombie without a wired earphone to tie them to the bed post. Once you have them tied to the bedposts, you can now do whatever you want with them. That's why you should never buy a bed without bedposts either. How else would you tie up your zombies then?

[​IMG]

If you have a wired earphone, you could at least listen to the music on the radio while you strangle the zombie with the wire. You can't do that with airpods.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  6. Megatron

Megatron Decepticon

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it annoying that California requires products to be labeled with the prop 65 warning if it contains any amount of toxic material(even minuscule amounts). It freaks people out for no reason, my GF has returned so many items because of that stupid warning. We had to return her computer chair because of it, her cousin from Texas has the same chair with no label

7. brigs11

brigs11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd honestly prefer to know even if it's basically not a risk.

8. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get the exploitative nature of capitalism and arguably all socio-political -isms. However, were I running an American company, I would want our products made on American soil during your standard 8 AM-5 PM work shift. Also, I would make it so that the employees are paid a few dollars more than the cost of the product. Different people have different ideas on how they would implement capitalism. I get that my business would probably go defunct pretty quickly that way. In this scenario, if I started said company after I was really rich (I am talking about where my net income and total assets equal at least $100 million), at least I would not have to necessarily worry about filing for personal bankruptcy immediately.

9. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    Sega's Saturn is arguably the worst game system in the industry, not because the console itself was all that bad, but because it led to the eventual demise of Sega in the video game industry.