Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    穿书后我把女主掰弯了
    After transmigrated into book, I bend the heroine

Ch7
    System intro:

[Hehehe, only you can hear me!] The childish laughter was heard again, causing her to shake her body.   
    "Who...who are you!" Fang Qingying gritted her teeth and questioned the other party with all her fear.   
    [Grandly introduce to you, I am the strongest intelligent system 888. My task is to make the host NTR the male protagonist. In other words, my alias is the ‘NTR’ system.]

System: Host, you need to trigger the plot!
    Mc: No.
    System: Don't you want to go home?
    Mc: I don't want to
    System: table flips why is host not according to the routine

System shows mc death.
    System: lets make ml love you, and then you reject him and ntr him!
    Mc: let's just skip to the end and steal the fl, thus ntr in him
    System: I felt wrong but I have no evidence, plus I'm a novice system.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    AsianessPride likes this.
  2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  3. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Titan0fPower

Titan0fPower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Its relaxing and comedic.
    Also author said don't look for the logic it didn't exist haha.
    Also a bit drama when they came out by themselves to their parents, but overal light hearted relaxing comedy.

6. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Backlog to read later:
    The villainess demands me to marry her
    反派要我嫁给她
    Mc who is a jewelry designer wears book as cannon fodder with same name of herself.

7. compass96

compass96 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hooray. I'ge caught up. I'm back (tentatively?). Was going to do the spinning sappho but had no bandwidth (emotional) for it or even nanowrimo but next yr is gonna be different. Will have time to write.
    Merry Christmas everyone. And a happy new year.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    AsianessPride, Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  8. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    The end of the season should be about 4-5 chapters away now. The finale is available on Fast Pass right now.

This time, there were various interruptions due to the super typhoon in the Philippines and members of the team having technical issues. The creator tweeted a little about it here:
    https://twitter.com/Color_LES/status/1322828425002848256

It seems that there will be a very long wait until the next season, according to this tweet: https://twitter.com/Color_LES/status/1336743676505018369

But I think the need to make Fast Pass episodes available possibly cut into the buffer overall.

Ubik likes this.
  9. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Changed some tags there to be more suitable. I wonder who put transmigration tag there?
    Looks nice.
    Oh, interesting information. And the end will be in 3 chapters (54). 51 was released already and it was awesome. And with pass chapters decreasing it showed that end of season is near. And in comments in tweets at least it doesn't end at low note.

Moonpearl likes this.
  10. Titan0fPower

Reading List:
    Link
    I need to know spoilers once you read it.

11. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    Ubik likes this.
  12. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! :blobparty::cookie::justabotow::blobchristmas::blobchristmas::blob_pompom::blobparty:

Crossick released a Christmas special streams of them voice-acting the fanart of them. It’s sooo sooo soo nice :aww::blobnosebleed:

Here’s a link to the voice-acting cuts, it took me a while.

Ubik likes this.
  13. Titan0fPower

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers of the plot of Jealous CEO? I know a lot of story summaries are a bit misleading (Looking at Male Lead's Backyard).

14. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Merry Christmas, everyone~! I'm not particularly organised this year, but I do have a couple of Christmas yuri pics to share in celebration.

8535d0c65182ddf32fd7cd3147713e31.png dhw67qtqb5761.jpg f5f4e6d7a40e371b0a22355603d1cca56ce7b1b1_hq.jpg f1784825edb7d3507fd90542256fe5ad.jpg llu6x085oy661.jpg

Ubik, AsianessPride and blazingseraph like this.
  15. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik, Moonpearl and blazingseraph like this.
  16. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Well
    I kinda forgot, but mc is a webtoonist before and she made manga that's true. In the spoiler. Mc can read mind that's why she thinks fl is mentally retarded, she thinks mc is jealous and try to grab her attention and shoo away all women who is close to her.

Plot twist: mc is a real character in the book, but somehow she went to the previous world.
    So mc remembered when she was little she wanted to play piano but her parents are poor so she can't it the previous world, so in this world mc mom is pushing mc to play the piano, so the previous mc configurations is mc mary sue and basically perfect chinese woman who can calligraphy, piano, etc. Mc can't. Mc is ridiculed when she's asked to play piano, but fl helped her so they souble playing.
    Mc later lost her mind reading skill and fl became spoiling mc. A lot of people like mc. So the heroine Lin Ge is targeted by main antagonist and is even imprisoned. Mc is worried fl will fall in love to heroine.
    The world reset to when mc meet fl at engagement banquet, mc meets flIts kinda dark and dog blod in few places tho, esp the espionage and stuff about the major antagonist.

17. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/horror-actress-reincarnated-as-genius-child-actor/
    I, this hamstah, am intrigued by the description... tsu
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/a-bookworms-new-routine/
    I have discovered that I haven't been reading many school life novels... Maybe this one would be nice? It's just 35 chapters short
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/yuri-maid-cafe/
    Ah, the memories! Remember back when it was like 2 years ago and almost no yuri was translated? I remember searching through NU and seeing this and going 'uwaaa, an actual yuri novel, so rare' and then being discouraged that it had only 2 chapters translated.
    I wasn't as tainted brave as to go mtl stuff as I am now

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  18. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently reading
    重生之炖汤(GL)
    Rebirth Slow Sweet Stew
    Mc die after fell from wire. Mc got her new boss like the last life, and meet the rival boss. It's just... The rival boss who is originally cold and detached is a bit warm and even wears hairpin, exactly her boss's fancy.
    Rival boss even call her boss big sis, which she never did in last life.
    Mc: I suspect I have fellow villager (same person who also rebirth)
    Mc want to ask but decided not to.ShShe wants to get closer to fl and fan fl!

Mehak likes this.
  19. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Aw man~ I dropped my phone today and cracked it :blobpensive::blobpensive:

Ubik and qpzmal like this.
  20. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so I read a lot of stuff. I'll start off with the one I tried reading but ended up quiting cause I didn't like it. The Jealous CEO Treats Me Hypocritically honestly grinded my gears when I was reading it. My issue with it is how long the tsundere act dragged on because it lasted so long I genuinely started disliking both the MC and FL. I'm as much of a fan of tsunderes as anyone else, but in this story, the MC treats how the FL thinks as stupid and braindead, something that really started making me agree with her. It also made me not want to see how they would get together at all. There's a limit to how much two people can insult each other before it makes you turned off of wanting to see them get together, especially when there's no actual compelling reason why they would be good together at all.

Now onto the stuff I actually finished and enjoyed reading. The first one is Ye Can, a rebirth novel where the MC was originally an empress from ancient times that was reborn in modern times. The gimmick here is that the MC has "snake disease" or another way to say she's crazy. The kind of crazy like Harley Quinn, but not as random as she is. The FL used to be the MC's beloved concubine and the MC was a faint empress who "fell to beauty" and was "manipulated" by the FL to kill people for her. Of course, there's more to it than that and the FL ended up falling for the MC despite all of her shortcomings. The MC wanted to repay her in her reborn life because she felt she owed her an emotional debt. Honestly there's a lot of stuff going on with the emotional plot that I can't explain and you'll need to read to understand, but everything up until the final few chapters was really good. Most of it is an entertainment circle setting since the FL is a screenwriter, but there's occassional flashbacks to the ancient times where the MC and FL originally met. The only issue I have with the story is the ending, but honestly thinking about it in retrospect, it fits the theme more. I just didn't like it cause I got very very attached to the characters and didn't like seeing them in pain. There's a reason the author emphasized that it was a happy ending in the summary after all. All in all, I'd give it a 9.5/10. On a side note, this is how you write an MC with massive flaws yet still charming enough that readers can like her.

The next one is Enter the Show, an entertainment circle story where the MC is an 18th line actress and the FL is a gold medal screenwriter. Basically they end up on a variety show together and accidentally became a CP with each other because of a misunderstanding. The FL ended up thinking she heard the MC's confession that she was her white moonlight and ended up falling for her while trying to get her to admit she liked her. Little did she know that she was the one who ended up falling first... The plot is pretty lighthearted with some drama that's heavier near the end, but it wasn't anything the MC and FL couldn't handle. Most of this story was a romantic comedy, and it was well done. 10/10, nothing much to say besides that.

After that I read 明月为什么皎皎[重生] (don't know how to translate it). It's pretty much just a college student x professor story with a side of rebirth. The MC is the college student and the FL is the professor. The entire story focused on the MC and FL's relationship so there's not much to say here. The only thing I have to comment is that I generally dislike teacher x student relationships because of the power difference in that kind of relationship, but the way this story portrayed it was really romantic and cute. Genuinely didn't have any problems with it and it was really comfy and gentle. 10/10 for this too.

Next one is Lethargic Marriage [Entertainment Circle], a marriage first love later kind of plot. Pretty standard plot with standard entertainment circle stuff too, but the difference here is the FL has a really sad past and mental illness that she overcomes with the help of the MC. There's nothing shocking that happens throughout the plot except for a side character who was behind a lot of the bad things that happened, but overall it's a very nice story to read. The relationship that develops between the MC and FL starts off as slight enemies to getting closer and then falling in love. It was a little slow to start but I'm glad I stuck with it cause I ended up really liking the characters and story by the end. I'd give it a 9.5/10 cause of the slow start. It's not major enough for me to be that bothered, but it still made me bored at the beginning.

The last one I read was Heartstrings, a story of an older woman who's jaded with love falling for a medical student 10 years younger than her and spoiling the heck out of her. The MC is the medical student and she's very much a pure white lotus type who's very serious about love and is extremely shy and cute. She's not very confident with herself because her mom basically controlled everything she did since she was a child and she's never really done anything for herself. The only thing she's done for herself is be with the FL. There's some conflicts with their age difference and with the FL's past as a play girl, but that's resolved in the most satisfying way possible aka with actual communication. Honestly their relationship is so healthy I'm genuinely envious. This romance is just really sweet. Literally have diabetes from how much sugar I inhaled reading this. Definitely another 10/10.

Ubik and Yandere Devil like this.