Spoiler I Raised Cinderella Preciously

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ryokucha, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Viola202

Viola202 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do they have any other cute moments or a kiss:blobcatblush::blobuwu:

Evi_Chan likes this.
  2. Evi_Chan

Evi_Chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m so happy that this story is way different than original. Finally we have a stepsister who will end up with CP instead of Cinderella. Please can someone spoil us their cute moments? :aww::aww::aww:

3. Ayame.Tendou

Ayame.Tendou Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the mention that Cinderella was the Dowager Queen, aka the ML’s godmother.

lazynoodles likes this.
  4. Evi_Chan

Evi_Chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No No, i meant Ashley or whatever her name is. I really like the story cuz it’s not stereotypical :blobokhand::blobokhand:

lan2001h and Khadz like this.
  5. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like it too because it's simple and easy going. No jealous person around who harms them until she ends up dead. A happy family even though they are not related by blood and no white lotuses.

6. applebeans

applebeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is such a cute story with positive female representation and relationships :bloblove:blobmelt_thumbs
    It's wonderful that they included misogyny and had the characters meet their true loves and change the society a bit!

7. Purple Iris

Purple Iris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone give me spoilers on how Mildred let's Empress Dowager understand her own views and outlooks of society?

Yuukiyuki likes this.
  8. Raspberrymix

Raspberrymix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it’s really great to see how the sisters interact despite not being related and Ashley being considered the prettier one. Usually you see some kind of competition between female characters for male attention, but we don’t see that here. The girls never seem to exclude Ashley and their relationships are overall really wholesome.

9. Graceful_Huang

Graceful_Huang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me what happened in chapter 38 of the manhwa :aww: it's too much of a cliffhanger for me

10. ditka623

ditka623 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers! :blobsmilehappy:
    I just found this manga today and finished the currently translated 32 chapters in one go. The MC is really the best, one of my favourite female characters but regarding Daniel...he seemed really sweet and cool at the beginning but what he did to that thief in ch. 27 seems too extreme (even if he didn't kill him). For me he's like a ticking bomb who shouldn't be trusted. Also did Mildred give her consent to remove her memories? I mean it's thanks to her previous life that she could solve so many situations successfully, why would she want to forget about them?
    I also don't understand why the crown prince proposed to Iris before telling her who he is, what did he expect or what was his plan? All this secrecy regarding both males makes me feel ambivalent, I'm almost wishing for no romance at all :blobconfused:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  11. ditka623

ditka623 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did the fairy queen send her back? Daniel took away her memories so she couldn't have asked for it... Also what happens to the Mildred in Cinderella's world, she dies? Or simply disappears?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    Selin, MarBoh, crystalleciel and 2 others like this.
  12. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she died???
    and because her worries to her children that make MC became Mildred

Wakandabanana, Selin and MarBoh like this.
  13. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    I think at chapter 32 is in a weird way is a dissection of thinking of the old way of thinking and how people grew up thinking. The Old Dowager sincerely believed that being a good person would eventually bring rewards. Thus, for her it has. She was raised to take a passive approach and had other people rescue her. Which in and of itself isn't a bad thing. Mildred takes a more realistic approach to her situation and thinks hard and long about how she could influence the situation within harsh rules for her as woman in this story's society. She is essentially broke, but has to pretend to be rich. On top of that give no indication of weakness or people with less great motivations will see her and her daughters as easy prey. The Queen doesn't want to see her perspective and only wishes to see her own. Due to the fact for her things worked out the way that they should for her and sees no need to change. Mildred challenges her perception and tries to reach out to her. She points out that she herself said that the situation is stacked against her. That selling the rights would enable a financial freedom and help build futures for her daughters. Then tell her its immoral for her to do so. Then the Queen points out of she is selling the rights she implicates that she wants them. Mildred once again points out the oddity of her own words. That the people who she is sharing it with is from the people from high society who mostly wants for nothing. Which starts the Dowager accusatory statement, "Does it not satisfy you to share with others?" Mildred refutes it gently and states that it isn't a worth while endeavor for her to wait around to be saved. Doing so would just cause her and her children to most likely be used. The Dowager begins to reveal her intention to want that decoration for herself. Mildred asks her if she wants to put her children at a disadvantage. Implying that despite the Dowager's so-called high moral ground she herself is also human with selfish intentions. Which makes one ponder what is the true morality here? Daniel laughs because he sees Mildred's point of view and has long dealt with the Prince's and Dowager's naivety. Something Daniel has been trying to teach the Prince to be realistic and that things aren't always black and white.

14. rewzy03

rewzy03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So it’s like a continuation of the Cinderella story. More likely an afterstory. I like it. The books are gorgeous btw. I hope I can get it shipped to my country. ❤️

Lady Lullaby and bleedingliar24 like this.
  15. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it feels like a proper continuation of the Disney Cinderella which I personally didn't like much.

The Cinderella I liked was the Orlando Corradi one which is in episodes. Cinderella has a step mother and daughters but they aren't portrayed as evil just a bit jealous which cause them to do bad deeds but at the end of the story they realise their mistakes and change. The father isn't dead but had yet to return and is from nobility not a mere merchant which explains why Cinderella was invited to the ball. The Prince is intelligent and would make a good ruler. He disguises himself and often goes out of the palace to have fun but also sometimes to get more information on his enemy and thus meets Cinderella and befriend her. Cinderella is a good girl though a little slow at finding out that the prince is her best friend. She finds out the truth before the ball and tries to distance herself like any other normal girl would when suddenly faced with the crown prince of the country. She decides to go to the ball to apologise for being very rude because she always believed the prince was lying and called him a liar all the time. The prince doesn't recognise her and since she suddenly got a magical dress, she considered that ball night just a last chance to come close to the prince and a dream. When the shoe is brought to her she decides not to wear it because she isn't the princess that everyone calls her to be. But then her dog helps her with the help of godmother and they bring her to the Palace. The prince upon seeing her realises that he indeed fell in love with her bit didn't realise it until then. Then they get married. Cinderella might be a bit slow at understanding things but as someone who takes care of the chores alone in her mansion, she is a little bit more independent considering the social norms of the time. As for the godmother, she is actually the best friend of Cinderella's biological mum and promised her on her death that she would keep and eye on Cinderella which explains why she turned Cinderella's old fashioned dress into that of a princess. The stepmother and step sisters didn't want her to join because they thought she would make them lose face with the dress she wore but they didn't tear it apart and they r a bit jealous because Cinderella is good-natured and beautiful basically everything they aren't since the girls are a bit fat and behaves like spoilt nobles.

16. springlight

springlight Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember watching this version as a kid! I always thought that it was the most fascinating retelling of a classic tale. Hard working girl, a humble ruler and their love with foundation in friendship.

Ray Levantret and Khadz like this.
  17. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too. It was the best Cinderella story I watched with no evil mum and wicked step siblings who never learn their lesson. It makes me feel nostalgic of the times when this used to air on t.v after school.

Ray Levantret likes this.
  18. kryner

kryner BYSTANDER BY NATURE

Reading List:
    Link
    I gotta admit.
    Iris xCrown Prince is so interesting to me.
    It has that right kick to the heart

19. qwynedd

qwynedd Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Iris be like: work work anGELICAAAAA

20. Skite

Skite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If we consider the other half of the conversation, the whole "young women keep going down the wrong path and becoming mistresses" bit, in the light of the information that the Queen Dowager is the original Cinderella, we might be witnessing the Queen Dowager have an interesting revelation as she considers the situation of a stepmother for the very first time, ever.

With the "It would be better to die" epiphany, I think she realized that her own stepmother really didn't have any good choices, and considered that her stepmother's situation was vastly different than her own for the first time.
    Cinderella was young and beautiful. By being kind and selfless, she was eventually (randomly) awarded help, and because she was beautiful and young, she found someone willing to marry and rescue her. She didn't have any dependents or responsibilities to prevent her from doing things, money didn't matter because a fairy godmother provided everything, and she didn't have to wait long for the help to appear.
    But, I think, when her lady in waiting said dying/ killing yourself would be better than being left an older widow with no son, no income, no prospects for remarriage (or even to be kept as a mistress), and many daughters to support, that may have been the first time Cinderella realized what it's like for most women in situations like her stepmother, and exactly how desperate and truly dire it can be for them.
    Just before that "It would be better to die", she was thinking she had suffered a lot, but deserved what she ended up with, and after that line, you get the impression she never realized suffering could be that bad.

However, despite her considering the stepmother standpoint for the first time, I don't think the Queen Mother quite made it to the next realization that, if she hadn't been in love with a rich, powerful man who loved her back enough to propose, her story could have ended just like all those girls who get "tempted" into immorality. She was poor and pretty: she would have been sold to the highest bidder willing to take her without a dowry. And if that didn't work out, she would have wound up as a mistress, if she was fortunate to find a sponsor.
    She just lucked out and someone young, attractive, rich, and available decided to pick her, and she was able to love him back. The prince could have been old, ugly, and married and still picked her, and she would have been screwed.
    So she didn't quite make it to having her eyes opened on how much of her life had to do with luck, rather than what she "deserved." But, I do think she realized money is more important than she thought, and can make or break a woman.

I also really like the irony of pointing out, to friggin Cinderella, that her daughters are poor and need outstanding dresses to catch some attention and marry. Because that was basically how Cinderella snagged herself a crown: Dirt poor girl caught attention in a gorgeous gown. Only thing is, Cinderella didn't have to pay cash for her dress, like Mildred has to do for all 4 of them.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    Pest-chan, dindi, lylac and 38 others like this.