LCD Reborn as a Transcendent

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jul 30, 2020.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/reborn-as-a-transcendent/

C1: He was murdered by demons? *sigh* I was hoping the game would just be a game for once.

If he can afford $80/night, then he's not nearly as poor as he thinks he is. He should just move to a different town/city. He'll be able to get a much bigger place with a full bathroom for significantly less than half that.

This backstory is all over the place. Was he a poor bloke, just barely scraping by, then how would he afford to play the game, much less play it for three years? And if he was successful at it, then why did he stay so poor? And what do loan sharks have to do with the demons that killed him?

It feels strange that any of those passes are still available so close to launch.

C2: As someone who has worked retail for new console releases, I can guarantee that he wouldn't have been the only one there on the first day. I can also guarantee that any box that was even a little special would have been purchased immediately under the circumstances described here.

Also, there's never a large number of them on the first day. Game manufacturers like to create artificial scarcity to drive up the perceived value of the consoles. It wouldn't take him 10 minutes to look at that many boxes, nor would they still be bringing out more.

That aside, how can he afford this console? Isn't he supposed to be super poor?

C3: "Who is this person that came here to steal my opportunity!?" Technically, you're the one stealing the opportunity here...

"Yaeger could clearly remember that it was an otaku who had managed to obtain the beta test in his previous life." I wonder if he's right about her just trying to hit on him, or if she's a reincarnator too.

I hope he remembers to share the largess with her. Its just as important that she becomes strong as that he does. It'll be much easier to fight her family if they're able to fight together. Not that it'll really matter that much in a series with a harem tag.

If he's only got $12 to his name, then how did he pay for his room? Isn't he paying on a day-to-day basis? If he could afford to pay a week in advance, then he could afford to rent a place monthly.

C4: I hope his luck is actually low. Most MC's with "low" luck still wind up getting better drops than 90% of players.

That aside, can he not delete his character and start again?

C5: "His heart started to race." So, he's a pedo?

"There’s utterly no need to consider anymore!" Um, has he forgotten that he has a -999 luck stat right now?

C6: Unless that wheel is rigged, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for him to have gotten the thing he wanted on the first try when his luck stat is so deeply negative.

Well, the author is definitely transphobic :/

C7: “Fortunately, this has happened in the game, and will not affect the real me.” For now.

C8: Honestly, at this point, I'm not even seeing the point in him being a reincarnator. His future knowledge is basically meaningless now. He's already got such a massive lead on everyone else that he could stop playing for a year and he'd still be the strongest player on the planet.

C11: "but the two of them actually ended up in the same village!" Weren't there only ten people playing on the first day? Why would they bother to have multiple villages up and running?

C14: After the artifact appeared, Rakshasa should have assumed that the MC was cheating, and not even bothering to be subtle about it.

C15: Why does she care so little about spending her lifespan? For all she knows, she only has three years worth if she doesn't manage to get a hold of immortality.

C18: "No wonder she won’t let me see her panel, it has indeed been modded." See? Now that's a reasonable response.

C19: Why didn't she play the lottery, or open the blue equipment box? Not that it wasn't getting boring mind you, but it still feels like an oversight.

C24: "As long as Yaeger upgraded her skills, both weapon skills would be upgraded." This is such a poorly balanced game.

We get it. She's OP af. If the combat isn't going to have any tension, and the loot drops are basically guaranteed to be phenomenal, then the story needs to focus on something else. Like story progression or character development. It'll get unspeakably boring unbelievably fast otherwise. Unfortunately, it doesn't feel like that will happen at all.

2. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I am liking. His reactions are priceless.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My Yuri-dar is beeping...:D:D:D

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  3. zajrus

zajrus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    x million to buy out friendship - check
    thinking about that MC probably could kill them all without giving a single flying f*ck - still in progress

4. kurisomething

kurisomething Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    This story is unbelievably fast while being super slow at the same time. Hundreds of chapters go by while its only been a week time wise. When the duel invitation happened, I wanted to skip a couple chapters to it. Several hundred chapters later and the duel still hasn’t occurred yet.

5. Ghostgamer1501

Ghostgamer1501 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im not here to judge but I will agree that it does go fast to where mc gets open at the start, for him being poor in this world in 3 years the real world and game world will "merge" and all that played it will gain their avatar's body, so think if a world that had the technology to do that the world most have to have more then 7 billion people on it and aka making more families that are rich, middle class, and mostly poor and the money for stuff most have been raised to where like 80 bucks gets him a few days at a motel that maybe does not have a lot of people staying there, so they will have to lower their price for rooms, also his knowledge of 3 years will help him with getting certain items and all and plus u should know if u play MMORPG games there will be people that will share the info they got after they did it aka making more people do it, also the games stuff was with a pair of headphones or earbuds and it cost $12 and all, also there reason why there are so many servers is say like 5 people got 5 of the closed beta and they all friends and if they got on the same server they will become stronger then most, because they will half to spend less time and money to get stronger then most, also when did it show the age of the girl that turned him on? also if he is a pedo then that rich girl is a slut that is in to older men. Edit: also like I said for the price of normal stuff is raised, say like that room u said he could have gotten could have been well over $200 or even more.

6. Ghostgamer1501

Ghostgamer1501 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    also for the demons and loan sharks remember his "friends" used him to gain money from loan sharks and make him pay them back, also maybe the demons are the loan sharks because in legit most manga or novels that have loan sharks in it are legit like demons and devils legit greedy and does not care for the life of others.

7. nazmulm

nazmulm The Lord of Sloth

Reading List:
    Link
    No one can say its not a true gender bender now :blobrofl:

8. DoomCalibur

DoomCalibur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For anyone with interest in this series, here is something extra (and welcome) : the link to this novel's manhua adaption, updated every Wednesday.

9. ShipTeaser

ShipTeaser Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a good story but at 1400 odd chapters already I doubt very much we will ever see the end translated