Movie Star Wars poll

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Jojo775, Dec 27, 2020.

?

q

1. Episode I

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Episode II

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Episode III

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Episode IV

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  5. Episode V

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  6. Episode VI

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  7. Episode VII

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  8. Episode VIII

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  9. Episode IX

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Rogue One

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  11. Solo

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a lot of controversy here so I'm curious where most people or ..well nuffians stand. Before the latest trilogy a lot of hate was given to the prequel trilogy which I found funny but movies aren't bad IMO, different yeah, maybe not as good either... Now in the decade of revivals of old movies and shows a lot of them are ruined just to milk some more money on the past glory. That's what happened with latest trilogy IMO, I'm no homophobe but I think most appropriate description for the antagonist is emo faggot and what's this about planet based death star lasers, think of something new besides a copy of Deathstar. Oh and I can't stand how pathetic Luke is.
    Mandalorian seemed promising but ended up being carried by nostalgia(as if there is nothing in SW galaxy but a fringe scrap planet of Tattooine and the like) and a mascot (baby Yoda).
    You don't go to a sports game for the mascot(I don't actually watch sports but that's not the point)... besides Mandalorian is directionless and Mando is frankly not that skilled a fighter compared to modern action standards, he's more of a fit normal bloke in good armor with a shit ton of luck.
    IMO only Rogue One is worth watching from all these revivals and I don't see what's the hate there, never heard an actual argument.
    That's it from me, cast your votes and comments.

2. endel

endel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like Mandalorian the most I think. Just love the relationships and the character growth! Din Djarins dad energy is hot ngl. :blobnosebleed:
    Other than that I love the animated series, Clone Wars and Rebels, those were great.
    (also, hey, maybe don't use f*ggot? Yikes)

3. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    IV/V/VI and Rogue One are the best.
    I/II/II are pretty decent at setting the stage and are not as bad as people make them out to be. they arent great but they fill their purpose.
    VII/VIII/IX are just shit and the amount of plot retardation is strong in them. But that's what you get when Disney tries to milk the saga for all it's worth... the awesome expanded universe gets de-canon'ed in favour of a trilogy that practically relies on universal galactic stupidity for the antagonists to really be as big a threat as they are portrayed to be. In parts, the final trilogy is like a half-assed braindead rehash of the original trilogy just to try to cash in.

the animated series are pretty good for filling in gaps (the same purpose the EU fulfilled when it was canon) except for the early clone wars arcs with the pacifist mandalorians (lolwut). Solo had so much potential but i felt it was really wasted in execution.

havent watched the mandalorian so wont comment on that

Jojo775 and Toralk like this.
  4. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    laughs in people who actually watched solo

cause its not bad

it was just soo fking forced

endel and Sabruness like this.
  5. 01

01 [REDACTED]

Reading List:
    Link
    The new Star Wars movie is really bad, there is one scene where the fight is really ridiculous lol.

Sabruness likes this.
  6. shadeonline

shadeonline [StarSeeker] [WaveWanderer] [TerrainTraveler]

Reading List:
    Link
    Dune is coming out, looking better than StarWars!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    endel likes this.
  7. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    Mando is mostly realistic star wars,guess what martial arts in actual warfare is practically obsolete,Hell nowadays boone in actual special forces ever caught in melee.

endel likes this.
  8. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just a word, same as bitch or bastard, yet those aren't frowned upon...yet. Fuck this PC opression bullshit.
    He's just not great in anything, I remember him just standing in the desert waiting to be sniped for example, he knows there is a sniper and is just standing still literally.

9. endel

endel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you're probably not the one getting hurt by it, so I get that you don't understand. Didn't say anything about being politically correct. I didn't want to derail the discussion, so I just added it as a little note. Yet it seems like you only focused on that little part of my comment :hmm:
    Anyway, I agree about your opinions abut the newer Star Wars movies. Loved the visuals, but the story and the character development was,, mediocre to bad. I did enjoy The Mandalorian precisely bc he wasn't almighty and had weak moments, but I understand that that's not for everybody.:blobmelt:

Jojo775 likes this.
  10. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think anyone should be hurt by it, it's not the same as the n word. Retard is a common insult but you would never use it as an insult on an actual retard... bastard may mean next to nothing now on the scale of insults but 100+ years ago it was quite strong to insult one's being born out of marriage, they were even discriminated against. If you discriminate against gays now more like you'll get shamed or punished in some way. To me word faggot is the same as bastard, doesn't mean much. Oh the times of 90's and 80's when this was normal, pls come back.

11. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer Warhammer 40k but it the most anti woke politically incorrect over the top edgy sci-fi fantasy of all time so not gonna get anything from it.It also got way worse the more mainstream it got, with fucking sjw's and other normie fucks saying the entire franchise need to change for their preference (the main unique features of Warhammer franchise)for these soy infused petafucking snowflakes.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Sabruness likes this.
  12. Okay

Okay Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked the 5th Episode the most. Even a hero shall learn to be defeated