Recommendations Books with Male MCs

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Uhoh_, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Uhoh_

Uhoh_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The first time I read a book with a Male MC was The Legendary Mechanic. Although the book is only decent, it got me hooked. Can you reccomend books with Male MCs? I'd prefer it as not bl, or if there's no romance. It doesn't even have to be like TLM, Thanks!

Wolfie-bigsister likes this.
  2. PenelopeEckart_

PenelopeEckart_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhoh_ and TaffyGirl13 like this.
  3. Wolfie-bigsister

Wolfie-bigsister Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Optimistic Heroes(4 male mc's who was joking and living like brothers in Jianghu.)
    Chen Yue Zhi Yao(hilarious ordinary man who live in underworld and hate his talking-rubbish mouth.)
    Fu Xing Dong Lai(set's in high school with adorable teens doing adorable friendship + Fantasy and folklore theme.)
    Rebuilding Base is Under Construction(it's easy to mtl with series of misunderstanding and comedy to the top. "The warden is still poor as of today XD".)

But the description who seems the fittest for you is The Optimistic Heroes. You don't regret reading it, i tell you.

Uhoh_ and TaffyGirl13 like this.
  4. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    There are lots of adventure novels with male MC out there. I'm pretty surprised you've only ever read female or no-gender MC stories before. What did you use to read?
    Summoned Slaughterer
    I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Renegade Immortal
    The Death Mage who doesn't want a fourth time
    Dragoon
    Possessing nothing
    Everyone is a returnee
    Kill the Hero
    The Dark King
    Silent Crown
    Overlord
    A returner's magic should be special
    The beginning after the end
    The master of the brave
    My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending
    The most notorious talker runs the world's greatest clan
    Hidden assassin
    Devil
    Trafford's trading club
    Part-timing at evil organisation
    Invisible Dragon
    The evil organisation's recruitment add
    Cultivation Chat Group
    The simple job ofonly perishing to the hero
    Evil God Average
    Regressor Instruction Manual
    The principle of a philosopher by eternal fool Asley
    The Spearmaster and the Black Cat
    Mediterranean hegemon of ancient greece
    86- EIGHTY-SIX
    Isaac
    Library of heaven's path
    Tales of the Reincarnated Lord
    Solo Leveling
    Black iron glory
    Low Dimensional Game
    Forty milleniums of cultivation
    The Warlock of the Magus World
    World apocalypse online
    Desolate Era
    Volcanic age
    Sufficiently advanced magic
    The Great Demon King
    The Lazy King
    Sevens

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Uhoh_ and Despapa69 like this.
  5. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Legend of Sun Knight. Fantasy. Absolute classic, one of the most hilariously sarcastic yet powerful MCs ever.

The Yu Brothers’ Case Book. Supernatural/mystery/horror. While there is a main character, the supporting characters also have unique personalities and play essential roles to the story as well. Focused a lot on the reason behind why people commit murder and the grey areas of the justice system.

Unique Legend. Magic academy. Hilarious MC suddenly thrown into a fantasy world to discover and accept a new reality.

Chen Yue Zhi Yao +1. Fantasy/transmigration/rebirth. One of the most unique MC premises I’ve ever seen and with an amazingly complex plot too.

Fu Xing Dong Lai +1. Monster/magic academy. Heartwarming story of MC finding his place and overcoming trials with friends.

The Real Awakening. Psychological/thriller/gore. An extremely dark series that explores how human greed and corruption can easily lead to their downfall.

No Hero. Supernatural/futuristic. Journey or a vampire MC finding a reason to continue living.

Residence of Monsters. Monster/magic academy. Tons of comedy, but with a deeper, darker plot hidden behind.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Uhoh_ and Wolfie-bigsister like this.
  6. zaetheii

zaetheii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Reverend Insanity +1
    Check it out if you want a pretty good written main character, pretty classic at the beginning but it gets good fast. There are some parts which are slow going but everything is usually very important to the plot so don't skip if if you can. Really great power sistem too as it actually explains the fundamentals on how it works rather than just going with it.
    Others wich are also good include Lord of the Mysteries +1, Warlock of the Magus World +1, Way of the Devil, hell app, kill the hero, the protagonists are murdered by me, emperor has returned, the great mage returns after 4000 years (it gets a bit confusing at the end), Carefree Path of Dreams, fatal shot, Regressor Instruction Manual and finally My Disciples Are All Villains. I hoped this helped.

Uhoh_ likes this.
  8. Uhoh_

Uhoh_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the past I've only read books centered in romance and transmigration/reincarnation with female MCs. In the past months I've been dabbling on different genres, I'm a fetus when it come to stories with male MC's. Thanks for the recommendations! Definitely will check it out!

9. KHA2

KHA2 wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhoh_ likes this.