LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is exactly the problem that most of the antagonists in history have, they do not have empathy or the ability to put themselves in someone else's shoes

2. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The worst offenders are either batshit insane idealists or functioning psychopaths. The former is infinitely less dangerous but tends to have a significantly higher body count in the short- and midterm.
    Rodtard is just a failure on every level. Him having no empathy is fully expected, he is a god after all. Immortals, if still comprehendable by humans, are likely to end up that way anyway (Aka: Why give a fuck when he is gonna bite the dust soon anyway?). The problem comes more from the fact that he is completely unable to hide it while also being supremely incompetent in everything else he does.

3. Twilightnemesis

Twilightnemesis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His incompetence makes me wonder did he usurp his position, was he always like this and just incredibly lucky, or it his age made him like this. Also why hasn’t he made a “heaven”, a place with a small stockpile of souls to call upon when errors occur, because I doubt Van is the only cause of errors, I mean he is currently, but errors have to be caused some other way rarely, so a “heaven”, or limbo, or purgatory or what ever you want to call it would help to deal with errors and he would not have to do as much work to fix them. Or I could be missing something just my thoughts.

4. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Souls get misplaced, or taken, all the time which causes errors. You can tell as much from Rod's reaction to the Lambda Gods taking champions from other worlds, he wanted them squeezed dry and poured into his circle. Becoming gods also removes them from circulation.

5. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    Afaik it was mentioned that errors only happen extremely rarely tho. Van is the biggest cause of errors since the demon king.

6. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    They happen all the time, but usually only individual souls, Van is killing a lot more people, and collecting a lot of souls on the side too.

7. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    The error is usualy that the soul don't return when it should, making it an error posible to fix with minimal effort. If Rod actualy does something, if not it qill usualy fix itself by waiting for some time. So it's not a major problem.

The thing with Van and DK is that they can destroy the souls and transfere them to another circle of reincarnation. Making those aouls permanently leave Rods systrm. Creating a empty spot in the system. That empty spot is a major problem. Cause it will leave an increasing number of bodies with empty souls if left alone. Making it possible fir loose souls to circumvent Rods system and reincarnate.
    It is a problem that if left alone will skyrocket into an insolvable system failiure and maybe the fall of some worlds.

So yeah...
    I won't blame Rod for not knowing about this error before the DK came. But he ahould have taken action afterwards to protect against that sort of error. But he just thought there can't be a second being able to do that, and the DK can't escape, afterall I Rodcorte have sealed his soul.

8. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In this world perfect don't exist. Nor in Vans world. And Rod system are really buggy. Rod don't own souls of people, all souls belong to world they have bin born and if world lends this souls to other worlds (gods) it is dealing of this world. So, now he finds new born world and adds it to his system. He should added function to move souls to other world from start of system. And even if he don't want (can't) add it to his system it produces errors, but this errors aren't anything very bad it just require more work from him, but he is so lazy to fix them, he better forcefully takes souls back and don't even care about souls. He just puts them back to his system like trash. Gods took only few souls from earth but he... Now he loses souls in thousands but able to fix all errors. So, it shows it was not as big problem as Rod say, after gods took champions.

Not all. Here are many antagonists who had to much empathy. Many deaths and suffering comes from this who have too much empathy. Like euthanasia. Here are some who don't want other people to get euthanasia even thought they want it, because they suffer incredible pay all day long. Here are many wars started because of human rights and so on. Like Feng Tian write, they are batshit insane idealists.

Him being a god isn't problem. Here are many gods, but they have empathy. The problem is he is god outside of world. So he don't interact with anything, nor human, nor other gods. Alda is batshit insane idealists too.

Eddy andres likes this.
  9. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume that's what his system does already, he has his system spread across many worlds, and they are all working with a shared pool of souls, aside from ones he specifically removes from circulation, like Zakkart or the 100 Bravers.

10. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    In Lamda beings with near infinite lifespans exist, even if they are not immortal. And these tend to be a lot more powerful than the average sucker too. In that regard Lamda is an anomaly (and even then it feels like a solid half doesn't give a shit). Interactions between equals are considerably different than those between an exceptionally powerful being and what might as well be an ant to it.

11. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was referring more to the gods of Alda's faction (enemy evil gods and purebred vampires are worse, but they are understood at least, even Robcorte for being a calculator who gained self-awareness), Alda, fitun, even the once human nineboard herself has rejected her. Although you are right, ignore the brave, until now most of them have stood out for them, even Amemiya, although there are also some who are the opposite, such as kanata, murakami and Asagijusto after reading one of the origins chapters and asagi He did not care about Mari's motives at all, the important thing was that he killed one of his classmates.

pd:although Heinz has not apologized for what he did, he and his group have it, except Edgard (although in part he is justified as being the voice of "reason" and the one who makes the difficult decisions).

The case of Robcorte is like that and perhaps the gods of Earth / Earth / Origins, but that of the gods of Lambda is different, the gods of Lambda created their people and formed ties with them, some deeper than others, and although not They could always be attentive to them, at least they took their situation into account, basically everyone except Alda, who at first was impartial and never put humans in their eyes, when Alda finally began to feel empathy and form a bond with Someone (Bellwood) ended up with him carrying out a racial extermination.

12. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    Again, Lamba has plenty of semi-divine beings to connect gods and mortals. The direct ancestors of these people are not necessarily divine themselves, but I would refrain from calling entities with an infinite lifespan and enough power to slay a lesser god "mortal". On top of that the leader of one of the major factions is extremely close to the mortal world, and likely influences the rest of her group (point in case: the other faction wouldn't give two shits if it wasn't faith that sustained them).

13. Darquesse

Darquesse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a week without a post on this thread, just needed to bring it back to the latest discussion section to remind people that it's here.
    Welcome back everyone.

spycho357 likes this.
  14. Neiden

Neiden Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You gave me false hope.
    I hate you and I wish you to hurt your little toe by violently hiting a corner with it.

15. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's was not so bad. Next chapter is a volume summary. Same with the one after that.
    But still... giving false hope is unforgivable!
    Edit: and it was not even about Death Mage... what a monster he/she is

16. TouchMeLikeASpaceBar

TouchMeLikeASpaceBar [Innocent]

Reading List:
    Link
  17. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

HYPERION7 likes this.
  18. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    At least bring up a topic to discuss...

19. Neiden

Neiden Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about we discuss our mutual hatred for him?

DragonMage18 likes this.
  20. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh you know, I thought it was time for someone to have withdrawal syndroms, so I kind of expected it :blobawkward::blobamused: