Spoiler His Canary

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Emmyy, May 11, 2020.

1. Emmyy

Emmyy Kadupul flower* blooms at midnight*dies at dawn

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have. spoilers? raw link? The ML is an overbearing yandere and she is an insipid 'delicate' victim. I am repulsed by story so far but want more ..more.. haha:p

2. hansora

hansora Someone Who Seeks Fluff & Heartwarming Stories

Reading List:
    Link
    from the translator's message, she said the beginning is really heavy at the beginning. And he is so twisted I feel sorry for the MC. I want to MTL it but I'm afraid I'd lose the message by doing so

This is what I've asked her:

So far I’ve just skimmed through each chapter since as you said in NU, the beginning is quite heavy so I’ll wait maybe until the middle? Or could you tell me which chapter he would start to change?

This is her answer:

The title is actually a hint about Dong Ci’s attitude towards ML. Right now, it’s ‘I fear you’, then it will be ‘I hate you’, and the third part is the continuation of chapter 1 and half of 2nd – ‘I don’t love you’. It’s only after that the FL’s feelings will change, and the story will become lighter ^^

So I'm going to trust our dear translator hehe

Rania want to QT, Shieri and Emmyy like this.
  3. hansora

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I've MTL-ed the book (I can't resist LOL)

Warning. This is according to my understanding of the MTL version so it could be slightly amiss

In chapter 30++, the flashback of their first meeting until Dong Ci was forced to marry Jing Rong ended. Dong Ci began to demand a divorce and of course, Jing Rong didn't agree. Eventually, he let her go (I'm not sure they notarized the divorce papers or not). Jing Rong confessed if he followed his mother's advice, could they start over? I could say this could be the turning point of Jing Rong.

Jing Rong's dark nature and possessiveness were due to his upbringing by his grandfather and father who had dealings with the underworld. Mother Jing was the same as Dong Ci, Father Jing forced her to marry him and the Jing Rong was born. Until now, his mother would occasionally run away from his father.

Mother Jing had always hope for Jing Rong to not follow Father Jing and Grandfather Jing's dark nature but it was too late. She advised Jing Rong, if one day he found someone he loved, do not love her by hurting her.

That was why Jing Rong thought if he could love Dong Ci by following his mother's advice, could they start over?

After Dong Ci left Jing Rong, at first she found difficulty in finding work until she was hired in a designing company. One of the investors was Jing Rong. At this moment, Jing Rong would still come to see her but he had no longer resort to his abusive nature, bit by bit.

Long story short, one day Dong Ci got kidnapped by one of Jing Rong's enemies. Jing Rong came alone and bla bla he got hurt. At that time, he asked Dong Ci if they could start over. Before he fainted, Dong Ci agreed to not leave him again if he could survive.

Actually, the injury was inflicted by Jing Rong himself. But I think that was the last trickery he did in order to win Dong Ci back. The kidnapping and the incidents before it was purely due to his enemies. He just took the chance to play the last trickery.

This is where they started got lovey-dovey and fluffy.

Jing Rong did abide by his promise. Even when they got back together, he no longer restricted Dong Ci's freedom. She could keep her work and could go out but of course under circumstances because she could get sick easily especially during winter.

There was a cute moment when Dong Ci followed Jing Rong to the company, it was snowing heavily at that time. They both stopped to walk on the snow and Dong Ci had even tricked him and jumped on his back. Many of his employees saw and were shocked to see their boss looking so gentle hahaha I love this part.

At one point, when Dong Ci went out with Mother Jing (at this time Father Jing had returned), their enemies came breaking havoc and had almost shot Dong Ci dead. Luckily Father Jing was fast. Jing Rong was so depressed because he thought he had almost lost Dong Ci.

But! Even with the attack, he didn't take back Dong Ci's freedom.

Eventually, Dong Ci was thinking of having a baby because of Mother Jing's words. She wasn't sure if Jing Rong wanted a child or not because throughout their marriage, he would always wear protection. Jing Rong was afraid of having a child because he didn't want him to turn up like him (his childhood was dark DARK) but seeing Dong Ci cried stressed him LOL hahaha I felt sorry for him. He also was afraid of Dong Ci's weak constitution. Dong Ci vowed to keep her body healthy before they would try for a child.

It took them one year and a half before they started trying. Before that, Dong Ci began eating medicine, consulting the doctors and exercising. Jing Rong confessed his fear and Dong Ci coaxed him by saying something like she trusted him. At this point, Jing Rong had halfway uprooting himself from the Jing family so she believed if he could learn to love her, he could learn to love their child.

So, I stopped there but I assured you they just have fluffy moments after the kidnapping. Jing Rong was still the evil him when dealing with other people, for instance, the girl who planned to cause Dong Ci a miscarriage. He was there when Dong Ci at her lowest because her mother couldn't be saved due to an accident.

4. araarq

araarq Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are their any longer rivals and what are their endings

Emmyy likes this.
  5. hansora

Reading List:
    Link
    There were women who wanted to snatch Jing Rong's attention but he didn't pay them any attention. Before he met Dong Ci, lots of girls tried to approach him but he was indifferent to them until one day, a girl tried to climb his bed. Jing Rong pushed the girl because he felt disgusted since then he kept a distance from this kind of girl until the day he met Dong Ci.

And I don't understand the part where Dong Ci mentioned about the mistresses he kept because it was clear Jing Rong had devoted herself to Dong Ci. I might have skipped the explanation in the MTL.

Maybe Jing Rong was the one who said he had mistresses so Dong Ci would be jealous? IDK

Their first meeting wasn't in the teacher's office but Jing Rong had seen her first when Dong Ci was lying sick in the school infirmary. At first, she caught his interest because Dong Ci reminded him of her mother before eventually, he fell in love with her.

Jing Rong said he should have kidnapped Dong Ci from the moment he saw her in the infirmary :blobsweat_2: to which Dong Ci replied if he really did so, she would never forgive him.

I have yet to reach the ending :) might share later

6. ...vegan

...vegan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about An Cheng Feng and Ning Sheng? What's their story?

7. peanutbutter_J

peanutbutter_J Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would love to know how he handles the bishes and some of his deeds.
    Like at the college he did blah2, sabotage bla2, pull some strings, exercise his wealth and power by blah2..

I pretty much looking for a detailed summary here since i dont think i can read this without being triggered, might as well got triggered in a sitting and let it go fast.
    Soorry for the hassle that i might cause >.<

8. hahahatdog

hahahatdog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.mtlnovel.com/his-canary/ Here. But not that accurate since this is mtl.

9. elaii03

elaii03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did he really have mistresses?

10. hansora

Reading List:
    Link
    No, he didn't. Dong Ci was his only woman

11. Sami84

Sami84 Active Member