Recommendations Harem that make sense

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by lobonex3, Dec 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. lobonex3

lobonex3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi all~ I'm looking for a novel that have a harem that make sense.
    Not just a mindless novel where the MC just pick up girl left, right and center but also show how the girls accept the harem and acknowledge each other. There could also be cases where the girl could not accept that the MC have a harem and did not get together with him. The closest novel that comes to my mind is Womanizing Mage.
    PS: I'm ok with raw cn novel that have not been translated too.
    Thanks in advance~

2. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the only one on my mind is Mushoku Tensei. The girl's reason for falling in love with Rudeus (MC) made sense and actually takes time

3. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stealing Spree.

The MC starts out as someone only attracted women already in relationships, once they are single again he loses interest. While he may use whatever despicable means to steal them, he's also incredibly 'thoughtful' towards them. A great deal of the women he's abandoned/thrown away still love him for how special he made them feel.

The story basically shows his progression, both in stealing women and improving as a person. Super good! (y)

P.S. The story starts in high school (which is when he starts changing into a better person), but his habit/desire started in middle school. So we don't see much of his extreme measures. Though we do meet some of the girls he used those measures on.

Starfighter likes this.
  5. ShimizuA

ShimizuA the best teacher is Life.

Reading List:
    Link
    Risou himou no seikatsu. The harem part is, for most of the part, purely political.

Eternal Emperor likes this.
  6. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Mr.Tiemos

Mr.Tiemos Clifford’s Big Little Cousin, Loves Hugs

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Sleep-deprived-enthusiast

Sleep-deprived-enthusiast |Daydreaming Literate Mon~key|

Reading List:
    Link
    Transcending the Nine Heavens (top notch excellent)
    Regressor Instruction Manual(Yandere harem and handling the polygamy part fully)
    Dungeon Defense (LN)
    The Legendary Mechanic
    Weakest Mage
    Cultivation Chat Group (I'm not sure if it's a harem end but there are many girls who have interest in mc, with properly written likable women, and there was proper satisfying interaction and progress)
    Super Detective in the Fictional World, 48 Hours a Day (so far only casual/temporary relationships but there are characters who seem to be the main heroine and are friends with protagonist)
    Cultural Invasion In Different World
    Isaac
    The World of Otome Games is Tough For Mobs
    Never Die Extra
    Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro (unsure of ending because I put it on-hold at volume 7 for reasons, but it's pretty great I must say)
    Kingdom’s Bloodline and Reincarnated into a Werewolf, the Demon Lord Servants (KB is pretty long and there are 2 love interests in sight and depends on authors plans if it becomes polygamy - I recommend it for politics, worldbuilding, and action. Marchen der Werwolf on the other hand has sub harem plot with clear love interests and an actually well-done dense mc, but I have only read volume 1)
    Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
    Pierce Heaven Til’ It Breaks
    The Second Coming of Gluttony (personally, the harem part had potential but could have been much more better written, the action and the characters being likable are the reason why I continued reading it but still I haven't finished it) and Everyone Else is a Returnee (it is fun, yet also wish-fulfillment, not my cup of tea much)
    Grasping Evil
    Seirei Gensouki
    City of Sin
    The Great Game - The Young Master (Scribblehub)

Already mentioned:
    Mushoku Tensei (LN)
    Sevens (LN)
    My Senior Brother is Too Steady
    Little Tyrant Doesn’t Want to Meet with a Bad End
    The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich

Pseudo/Multi-love interest but monogamous direction harems:
    Oregairu
    Classroom of the Elite - ongoing and ending is still not in sight
    The Devil is a Part-timer - I haven't finished reading yet
    The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor
    Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! (To-read but I've watched all of the anime)

Haven't read but pretty sure of mc having many relationships/entanglements:
    Overgeared
    Monogatari Series
    A Step into the Past
    Pure Love x Insult Complex
    Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu

Though some books here could do without harem (heck I can say it for most of the subplot harem books), these are quality written ones out of all I dug up. But dang many web novels have so much of it regardless whether the story really needs it.

Happy fictional fulfillment reading ;>

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    Keral, AZ21, Hevveh and 4 others like this.
  9. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    步步生莲
    Pretty much all of Yue Guan's books would qualify for this topic but this is my favorite and it probably has the most varied harem. The reason why they're good is that the writer likes writing female characters and he makes them into complete characters, with their own interests and agendas. These don't always align with that of the other characters and therefore creates conflict. There's one relationship in particular that takes a very long time to develop because of this and it ends up being pretty sweet. The drawback though is that this book would be a nightmare to MTL so only read it if you know Chinese.

Counterpoint: In "Sevens" the harem is one of the worst aspects of the book. Something like half of the female characters in it are forgettable, and are ignored by the story shortly after they join up. Of the rest, there might be only 1-2 halfway decent characters.

DiXanthos likes this.
  10. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    It makes sense, most of them are only in for the benefits

11. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Swift Gull

Swift Gull Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its pretty much similar to the way its done in Arifureta

14. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. samsarawithwords

samsarawithwords Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My story is a realistic take on how a protagonist would pick up girls and form a harem. Based on real-life pick up technique and top 5 on webnovel now:
    My Pick Up Artist System
    upload_2021-1-2_21-34-53.png

Agroofacti and animefan like this.
  16. TheOmega

TheOmega Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Best Harem books ive read unfortunately dont fall into the Cultivation category.
    If you dont mind this you can try 'The Valens legacy' for yourself. Its outstanding on audio.

17. jakala

jakala Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't exist.
    Palace stories are your best bet and are usually above the ability of the average webnovel author.
    For Harem to make sense, the women either try to kill each other or kill the man..
    That goes against the whole point of wish fulfilment

[​IMG]

We can always ask the novel experts @ToastedRossi @Wu Jizun

19. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Two English Original Recommendations for you:

The True Endgame. MC's Harem is primarily bisexual women, who fall for the MC but join the relationship due to liking everyone in the relationship. To note, the first girl to join the MC's harem is a perverted mute girl who practically uses the male MC as a token male & stalking horse for her to build up a harem of girls. To the point where it's a literal joke that the MC makes with the girls that the harem isn't his. One of the potential girls also gets turned away due to... a VERY unhealthy obsession with the male MC, and it's recognised as such, to the point where she literally leaves the story to get counselling, as being near the object of her obsession would be detrimental to helping herself.

Reaper Of The Martial World. MC enters the Cultivation World from Earth after succeeding in some, supposedly, impossible trials. When spoken of generally, it's a fairly normal Power Fantasy Story, though there are regular minor points that make it a bit more unique sprinkled throughout the currently nearly 1,600 chapters of story. One of these is the MC's Harem. The MC does build up a Harem, it would be a major point of differentiation from many power fantasy stories if he didn't. However, they're not hidden away, building up power safely and yet somehow still being close to the MC's own power level. While the plot doesn't focus on their actions, they are contributing to the overall plot in the background, and undergoing their own dangerous situations to progress plans. The three "main" harem members, who are part of the MC's harem for the longest time (and are the first members who marry the MC), can be simply introduced as "Girl MC fell for, and started a relationship with, at Cultivation School", "Girl MC supported and got annoyed with himself for falling with after having to leave Cultivation School, but was still in Cultivation World", and "MC's Childhood Friend/Crush who entered the Cultivation World after a whole series of events". They all have their own skills, preferences, specialties, and more, as well as develop the plot while away from the MC in different ways. There ARE other members of the MC's harem, but it typically grows fairly slowly, and there's less that 10 harem members this close to 1,600 chapters, including people who will likely become harem members but currently aren't for one reason or another. And they all have their own series of events leading to them falling for the MC and being willing to join his harem.

20. Naraina

Naraina Step Red Sibling ⭐ | † Trickster

Reading List:
    Link
    Read this one ( I'm suggesting a reverse harem ) : IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE FALLEN IN A REVERSE HAREM GAME .

link for novel :
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/it-seems-like-i-fell-into-a-reverse-harem-game/

link for manhwa :
    https://mangadex.org/title/54052/it-looks-like-i-ve-fallen-into-the-world-of-a-reverse-harem-game