Question Reverend insanity story depth... ?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Zanzatora, Jul 1, 2019.

1. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I want a MC who wasn't proud of ability that he thought he had, but in fact he didn't.
    For example, The Venerable Monster Tamer from the same author. MC did almost all hard works by himself, but he never says that he didn't need the help of others.

2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    What you are saying makes no sense.
    Saying I am a self-sufficient adult is not the same as saying I live alone on an Island and manufacture everything from toothpaste to electricity by myself.

3. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but when you said you're a self-sufficient adult, you didn't mean you see that needing help from others is "weak", right?

4. Runzer

Runzer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    damn , i read all your comments and it seems like you're aren't reading RI , lol.
    I feel literally sorry for you because you can't appreciate one of the best novels out there .
    damn , must be sad .

5. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the opposite, I have read till the lastest chapter since a year ago.
    I agree that it's one of the best novels out there, that's why its flaws are harder to accept.

6. ro_ibs

ro_ibs Member

Reading List:
    Link
    are we perhaps reading the same novel?? the whole point of the novel is that you can only rely on yourself, using minions/slaves and having trustworthy allies are two different things,albeit of the same coin, it’s either you are pretending not to understand or just a troll, did you just say fang yuan is a hypocrite? how can someone who has neither values nor pride be contradictory? FY is said to USE EVERY SINGLE thing imaginable as long as he benefits from it, in actuality FY is probably the most self aware MC out there, and your exemples do not make sense whatsoever, the rank 9 venerables are unmatched, THEY can’t be killed no matter who attacks, the reason they couldn’t destroy heavenly court is because of FATE, an omnipotent power that affects everyone except “complete”otherworldly demons, the novel includes a huge amount of betrayals, can a mortal kill an immortal? the answer is no, a single immortal can kill all mortals in the reverend insanity universe if FATE allows it, individual strength is everything end of discussion,it’s the author’s universe, stop comparing our reality to a work of fiction

7. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you don't understand what I'm talking about. Making others do things that you can't do yourself, that's "relying on others". I said FY is a hypocrite because he claimed he had an ability while in fact he didn't.
    Rank 9 Venerables are unmatched, but they're not omnipotence. They still needed others. For example, Giant Sun needed Long Hair refine Gu for him. FY said he didn't need others, that's a lie.
    Did FY destroy the Fate Gu by himself? A big NO. He had help from a lot of allies.
    FY isn't the most self-aware character in the story. He is just one of the most self-aware characters in the story.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  8. ro_ibs

ro_ibs Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when did fang yuan say that he doesn’t need other people’s help? he always acknowledges his shortcomings in the attainment levels, it’s his GOAL to reach such a level, he never once said that he could do anything on the contrary actually, he always called himself “minuscule” “weak compared to venerables” “not special” ect, i think you have a misunderstanding about the character, he only said that individual power is the most important which is true,HE NEVER once said that he could do everything

9. JoJoBread

JoJoBread Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading through this thread I gotta agree with the OP's initial claim. I swear the fans of series of super insufferable and obnoxious. In a sea of brain dead cultivation novels, yes this stands out as one where the MC uses half a brain compared to the rest of the typical MCs, and thus somehow the readers think they are reading some literary masterpiece. It's a well enough made novel that is worth your time if you want something moderately different (assuming u can handle the MC's personality) but it's not the be-all and end-all of novels.

It has about as much depth as say the promised neverland manga compared to one piece. With one OP being the typical cultivation novels and this being neverland. Is it a tier above in "depth" sure, but neither is winning any awards. Both are ultimately mediocre in the grand scheme of things.

10. Dotencsure

Dotencsure Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "smooth sailing for the protagonist" ARE YOU FUCKI*G RETARD..did you even read the novel...F*king troll

And tell me which xianxia Mc needs group power when they are basically gods at the end of the novel..exp Coiling dragon,xian xi,Issth etc

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  11. Chrish

Chrish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has a depth compared to other web novels which tbh isn’t a high bar.
    Most novels have “good wins, evil defeated” theme while RI is opposite. Author has portrayed MC to be emotionless person who is completely focused on gaining immortality. People love it because MC doesn’t give a damn about his evil actions. However, in my opinion both are opposite extremes. Humans are emotional creatures and good-well-behaving at all cost MC is just as unrealistic as remorseless evil MC. Real world is neither good nor evil; it’s grey. I also didn’t care about ridiculous cheat MC has where he is unkillable.

Having said all this, it belongs to top 5% of web novels. But again keep in mind that overall standard of web novels is pretty mediocre.

JoJoBread likes this.