LCD Tales of Demons and God

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Oct 24, 2015.

1. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's interesting to know that monsters can be sentient too as stated by Nie Li on the latest chapter. I'm wondering what the Dark Guild did to provoke the monsters to attack Glory City though. Is there another sentient monster near their location?

This thread is for discussing the translated version of the novel btw. Put a spoiler tag to your text if it will spoil later chapters.

SazzyD and qwerty like this.
  2. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it attacked/killed one of the legendary monsters in the area.

qwerty likes this.
  3. AkeShiro

AkeShiro Blanket Master

Reading List:
    Link
    btw can u tell me how u bold the title there?

EDIT: okay nvm

qwerty likes this.
  4. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt they have the ability or strength to kill one such sentient beast so that's probably not what they did to provoke the attack, I think it's more likely they either killed one of it's children. Also I' not quite certain what you mean when you say what they did to provoke the monsters attacking the city, as so far no monster has done so and if you are referring to the incident in which the city is supposed to fall then I don't think that was caused by the Dark Guild I think a boss monster just woke up and led some other monsters to attack the city the Dark Guild just helped the Sacred Family escape. Though they may have been the reason for such a boss beast waking up in the first place so maybe that's what you meant? If so then yeah I think either they killed one of it's youth or the trespassed in its territory to steal or get something which if such is the case will inevitably end up in Nei Li's hands. :)
    Anyways correct me in the Dark Guild relation to monster attack part if it's wrong I'm rather curious about that.

qwerty likes this.
  5. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just speculation on my part. Quoting Nie Li's words:
    Nie Li leisurely said, “They weren’t provoked. A demon beast unlocked wisdom, reached to an existence beyond Legend rank. Over three hundred Legend rank experts in the Divine Continent felt that demon beast and decided to kill it. However, they angered the demon beast and suffered the consequences. They were destroyed. In fury, that demon beast commanded all the demon beasts in the divine continent to hunt down humanity. Various empires fell within a few months. That year, was the beginning of the Age of Darkness!”

You know what, reading it again, it's possible that they just provoked the monsters. I really can't believe the monster had some mercy and did not kill everyone though. Is he like Rimuru from slime? I can't wait to see a lot of 'named' monsters and a city out of nowhere when Nie Li decides to visit him.

qwerty and AkeShiro like this.
  6. podlizurko

podlizurko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is what caused the Age of Darkness , not the attack on Glory City in Nie Li's previous life. If i remember correctly in one of the first chapters Nie Li thinks to himself about the attack on Glory City and it was pointed out it happened when several Legend Rank Monsters woke up.

qwerty likes this.
  7. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that the latest chapter is setting up the event that provokes the demon beasts to attack Glory City. This of course will happen before Nie Li is completely ready for it. Either to force the characters out into the world or just for dramatic tension.

qwerty likes this.
  8. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how many human community still exist. From Nie Li we already know one community that live in the forest. Can't wait until more of the world got shown. After the latest chapter I'm kinda worried, what if Nie Li's friend get attacked? His family is fine with the protection from Alchemist Association, but his friend didn't have strong backer to them.

qwerty and sargeant like this.
  9. Mousa4

Mousa4 Cultivated to Immortality

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt that the sacred family/dark guild would attack them because, all of his friends will be protected by the institiution also i am pretty sure the nie li has people from the alchemist association keeping an eye on them.

I am starting to get tired of nie li's chatacter getting everthing he wants. So far he hasn't been faced with anything that may challenge him. I know that he will eventually face a challenge in the later chapters, but i want him to atleast see something glory city that he doesn't understand.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    qwerty likes this.
  10. Anoncommander1

Anoncommander1 The Commander

Reading List:
    Link
    today chp is the best. how Ye Zhong tripping because of Ni Li hahaha Imagine someone that can shatter the rock with just a kick can tripping like that.

qwerty likes this.
  11. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's pretty funny. My favorite part is when Ye Yan reveal his identity and scold Ye Zong.

qwerty likes this.
  12. Anoncommander1

Reading List:
    Link
    the most funniest come from the comment of that chp.
    "I, your ancestor, decree your daughter shall belong to master!"

make my day.

qwerty, JJ and Shio like this.
  13. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I imagine ye zong will be pale from coughing too much blood when he hears that.

qwerty likes this.
  14. Anoncommander1

Reading List:
    Link
    another day,another chapter, another tripping AGAIN!!!! Ye Zong! you need to crush that threshold!

qwerty likes this.
  15. podlizurko

Reading List:
    Link
    The plot thickens, nuhuhuhuhu.

qwerty likes this.
  16. Mousa4

Reading List:
    Link
    oh wow just realized that tales of demons and gods has been moved to wuxiaworld, great for the novel

qwerty likes this.
  17. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    for me it's not great for the overall picture on translation of other works though. See my post on the other thread. I just hope other translators doesn't make WW as the final target of their translation group for their 'motives'. Wu Dong Qian Kun might have an indication on that also as seen on the comments section here.

qwerty likes this.
  18. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know why someone is translating chapters that are 80-90 chapters ahead of the current position. I don't know why exactly but it aggravates me.

qwerty likes this.
  19. Mousa4

Reading List:
    Link
    i have no clue why, but i hope it doesn't discourage the original translator. I have no clue why people would translate a novel that's already being translated by someone else.

qwerty likes this.
  20. podlizurko

Reading List:
    Link
    My guess , he isnt happy with the pace Thyaeria is translating at.
    As for the fact of moving to Wuxiaworld i am hoping its not a permanent move , but just until his domain switch is up.

qwerty likes this.