Spoiler I Swear I Won’t Bother You Again!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then I shall bring wood and charcoal. Let's burn burn the crappy father and shaddy stepmum together. We shall sit and watch them get roasted. I really can't wait for the condemnation arc of those 2.

2. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mostly want to see crapdad suffer.

I feel nothing toward a character we know little about. Stepmum is literally nothing but a cardboard cut out to me.

(I wish we could get a detailed summary of everything we know so far, hell a google translate would work too DX)

Creolenerd, Khadz and Jukki like this.
  3. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    I definitely agree that MJ's parents intentionally coddled her, most likely as a way of having her maintain a "pure" image in their eyes.

Also on "Jeannette Syndrome" since I forgot to respond to that part of your comment, it's less people thinking "Good is Boring" and more "This Person isn't Good to Begin With".

I might have been one of the people to defend MJ at the start of the thread, but it's more so to say that:
    A) There is ample reason for her to end up as coddled/dense as she is by the way her parents seem to be raising her, and
    B) She's not being actively malicious.

It's less so "this character is innocent/ignorant so they can do no bad" and more so "This character genuinely wants to do good, but they have to work through the worldview/way they were raised before truly being able to do so without hurting those around them".

Jukki, Khadz and Nuzlocke like this.
  4. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically the same idea I had. Thank you for stating it clearer than I ever could XD

5. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think MJ was a bad person from the beginning but I might be in the minority group that thinks that if an ignorant person causes harm once, forgiveness is okay.
    If an ignorant person doesn't even try hard to change her perspective and her ignorance brings harm to those around her more than once then she shouldn't be forgiven but given a light punishment.

What I hope is that at some point in the story, MJ realises that her presence around violet gives vio stress and therefore decides to stay away from her. Am not asking for much.

But if at the end her character stays the same and she still clings to violet.... It would feel like she had no character development at all and then forgiveness would be impossible for me.

abiecula and WinnieS like this.
  6. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel suspicious towards the stepmum because of how she ended up being the lover of a married man. Of course I blame the father too as it takes 2 to conceive a child and raise her to be so ignorant. It's even more suspicious how she suddenly ended up in the mansion that obviously belongs to violet's mother and therefore violet. Plus, how she suddenly visited vio when gramps showed up when she never did that before. Since we lack knowledge on her the only thing I can tell about her is that she hasn't been portrayed as evil yet but she isn't a good person either. More like someone without ethics and as long as she doesn't have much to do with the progress of the story , I just want someone pointing out her lack of ethics on her face (a bit of humiliation would do no wrong)

The dad however definitely deserves the condemnation.

WinnieS, Nuzlocke and Tt123 like this.
  7. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing about ignorant people is... Unless they're flat out told about the wrong they're doing, they'll keep doing it.

That means, unless Vio herself asks, MJ will probably never realize her presence makes Vio uncomfortable.

AnnHime, Khadz and Jukki like this.
  8. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though yulan called her out on her actions? Shouldn't she have realised it then?

SixMagnitudeGirl and WinnieS like this.
  9. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you guys even read the spoilers. She literally did

Nuzlocke and Jukki like this.
  10. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    You do realize that's literally when she realized Vio wasn't happy?

Pretty sure this was discussed a page ago too.

Pie's right, do you even READ the spoilers?!

Jukki likes this.
  11. Geedi

Geedi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it done the novel or ln atleast.

12. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm actually happy tye manga was still being updated but a bit pissed I was reminded Yulan was sick at the current arc. Argh! I know its a bit unreasonable to be hating on Claudia but since Yulan barely shows his yandere traits in the adaptation, there's barely any issue with the ship unless you yourself as a reader have issues with manga Yulan

Khadz and Jukki like this.
  13. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that and Claudia's naïveté.

Also we got a character cameo.
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully we'll see those missing spoilers now XD

14. evil_muffins

evil_muffins Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i have a question about the grandfather and I don't wanna go thru the 30pages of discussion: did he never check up on vio when her mother was still alive?

or maybe he did and didn't see anything wrong/favored his daughter over his granddaughter?

15. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I can remember from spoilers here, gramps was re-mentioned (when the novel was getting updates again) when it was said, he was there during crazy ma's funeral and left briefly (not even speaking to Vio). Its speculated/hinted that cr*p dad and him had a talk that Vio will eventually gain the rights to everything in the duchy but as her legal bio parent, cr*p dad found a way/loophole to persuade him to let him get the authority temporarily until Vio becomes legal in age or gets married, unaware of the abuse his bio granddaughter is going through. That is... until he summoned cr*p dad offscreen and reminded him he holds no power and Vio WILL get EVERYTHING which led to that last minute manhandling and adult tantrum from cr*p dad for ruining his road to happiness

ReaderEli, its0k, Zepelim and 12 others like this.
  16. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did anyone read the latest chapters? Or nothing new?blobmelt_thumbs

17. Yumiko Heartfilia

Yumiko Heartfilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys! Can anyone tell me who's the ML? There's 39 pages and iam kinda busy, will read the spoilers later, I just wanna know who's the ML.. :blobpats:

18. renuac

renuac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The latest chapter (160) actually makes it pretty clear that the family line can be continued through Maryjun just as legitimately as it can through Vio. Since there are no sons, the assumption is that when a daughter gets married, the son-in-law will be adopted in as the next duke. The chapter explicitly states that, yes, it would be better if it's Violette's (future) husband who becomes the next duke, but it wouldn't actually be a problem if it's Maryjun's husband who does so. Vio assumes though that there's no way Maryjun will be made to take on that responsibility because a) at the end of the day, it's more proper for Vio to do it and b) there's no way their father will let his beloved Maryjun go through a political marriage considering how disastrous his was.

As a result, Vio tells Yulan that although his proposal really made her happy, she doesn't think it will be possible for them to get married (I guess because Yulan's status would make it impossible for him to be adopted by the Vahan's?). Which Yulan brushes off, basically saying to leave it to him, he's got it covered. So he might have set something up with gramps, or gramps might have independently threatened the dad in some way, but Vio's position as absolute and only heir to the dukedom isn't as firm as people here seem to think. Or at any rate, Vio herself doesn't think it is.

I'd say that instead of a European 'blood is everything' mindset, the system in place here follows Japanese traditions: son-in-laws adopted into the family are effectively full family members and adoption is a legitimate way of continuing the family line. So legally, Vio's dad probably is fully the duke, and not just a placeholder (at least for now). Which makes sense: becoming a nun would never even have been an option for Vio if she was the only one who could inherit the family.

(As a side note, Vio's dad is apparently called オールド, which would be read 'Old' or 'Ould'. Not the greatest name ever...)

19. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasn't expecting an answer to this. It was a rhetorical question to counter your arguments about how vio needs to push her away herself for her to realise she is unwanted company.

I read spoilers. MJ realised vio was unhappy but did she realise she was the cause of that unhappiness too. Did she realise that she should not cling to bio anymore? That's what am asking.

ATrueStory and AnnHime like this.
  20. evil_muffins

evil_muffins Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for replying! But that's kinda sus: im sure news about how cr*p dad ran away to his mistress would've reached grandfather. I think by then he should have still the authority maybe to kick dad out? Or, a number of things at least. The way I see it it seems like grandfather really doesn't care about Vio and just concerned about the family line. Well, I don't wanna speculate anymore than this, but I kinda dislike it when a novel introduces another element/character and by doing so makes a plothole :blobsalt:

Thanks for this!

renuac likes this.