Spoiler The Great Wish

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Clars, Sep 16, 2019.

1. hiddencholic

hiddencholic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The hair of the demigods have two colors. Isabelle and Eckart have black hair with blue highlights so their hair is still the hair of demigods.

darksanctuary and boom2424 like this.
  2. Delice-San

Delice-San Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Both of them are demigods and members of the Raad Clan, Since demigods and the Raad clan were both from God. And demigods have two hair colors, which are bright colors, in the first place. The Raad Clan have one color, black. The Raad Clan and the Demigods are designed to be opposites. God's "Great Wish" is for the clans to unite.

3. White heiwa

White heiwa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My fellow fans, I have been meditating about this “happy current life being dream” problem for few days. And my conclusion is that this current life can’t be dream. Here is my backup evidence:
    1. If this lifetime was a dream why would he dream inside dream, if it was projected by god it would be just all the happy stuff, no need for this dream inside dream. Then what is the dream? This is warning given by god, like “this is YOUR future, if you don’t change.” Why give this important warning? Think about god’s greatest wish, it was the unification of imperial family and raad clan. Raads only produce son, also we know that Sienna is the first female emperor(here I assume that gender is not the problem, because as far as I can see there is no discrimination with demigods), might as well be one of the few daughters born in the imperial family, when Sienna was born, god saw the chance of his long wish finally getting fulfilled. But disappointed when the future he saw was not what he wanted. He wanted harmony between two family’s, unification after all those years, but the future two clans wasn’t that close, not at all what he wanted, in here I also don’t think Ekart was satisfactory. He was child born with political reasons. So the god used his power to create the dreams, this also explains the title, emperors wish is great wish, but the gods wish is the greatest wish.
    2. Nah I only have one, that is all. Thanks for reading.

4. Gellyannoying

Gellyannoying Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you very much. It makes me happy knowing the future of them hahaha

boom2424 likes this.
  5. sleepytree

sleepytree Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank all for the spoilers. I'm so hooked with this manhwa, they are just so preciousssssss. I even bought the 7th volume of the novel ebook. I just read like 40+ pages only out of 480+ pages for the moment, its really hard when you had to use google translate. I don't really have much spoilers (everything I read already been said in this thread) but I can give abit of details. I didn't expect Sienna to reveal she's pregnant right after Violet gave birth though. And how Sienna actually thought of forgetting about the throne and ready to be Khun's wife and became his queen instead since Khun is practically a king himself wwww I will give proper spoilers later. Better to take it with crumbs since im just only using google translate lol

6. knightsky_gur

knightsky_gur Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OOO I like your conclusion and definitely I'm leaning towards the idea that the future Sienna was more a dream and the beginning of the story when shes on her death bed and God comes to grant her wish, it was just the future dream rather than a timeline, like showing Sienna that she's gonna regret going on the current path. but only 2 things are kinda bothering me
    1) What's the point of him saying that his wish cant change past events? My guess was like the point of him saying that is like to our sienna, basically you won't be able to change the choices you make in the future, if you choose what you do rn, this will be you outcome, but idk lol
    2) What was the point of the epilogue of her waking up from the dream and dying? This is honestly the only thing that's gets me thinking the whole story was a dream and it makes me upset lol

morningdew24 likes this.
  7. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason the story's ending basically made me remind of lucia tho many elements are different in both novels and lucia is more clear in that terms unlike great wish whose ending is confusing but let's treat every story has a ending so the future Siena's also has a ending in which she ended up dying to make reader's clear what happened to future siena in the end of novel where current Siena is the main deal and she is happy with her family so I think there is the main story ended with it and future siena is just a bit additional. Since both lucia and great wish has same author and I remember the author don't miss to write alternate world's ending in some clear yet incomplete way so readers keep imagine what happened next in that alternate life but author never miss to write the current life or main story in more clear way with a happy ending so I suggest don't worry about bad things just enjoy good things since author's writing style is quite unique :blobhug::blobmelt:
    ( just a guess,I think both current and future Siena treat each other as a dream only so for future Siena it's only a dream where for current Siena it's a warning and when both Siena reach their main point where current Siena already corrected herself without repeating same mistakes as future one she don't need those dreams anymore where future just holding current sienna's life as a dream which helps relieving her during her deathbed time and when she finally find atleast she has a good ending in her so called dreams(maybe they both don't know they actually exist but not just as a dreams or maybe future Siena is just a imaginary one but imaginary have their own existence) she finally opened her eyes.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    morningdew24, djan29, Khadz and 3 others like this.
  8. White heiwa

White heiwa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I also think the dream Sienna’s ending being in the end of epilogue is just the mischievous author spraying some salt to us. Nothing to fret with. It is what really would have happened with the future Sienna anyway.

The problem is god telling “you can’t change the future with your wish” right?

Then again it’s not like it is one of those stories where you come back to the past to change your miserable future. Dream Sienna didn’t come back to the past to change it, it is just that the Sienna we know is having some foretelling dreams. Now all we have to do is connect the future Sienna’s wish of dreaming with our Sienna. Butterfly effect or whatever affect Sienna to dream. Actually, it can only be god’s doing because at the very beginning of the story, we get to know that demi-gods don’t actually dream. So it is very very VERY rare case, right?

Hope this can help you more to acknowledge with yourself about REAL happy ending, because I wrecked my brain just to come up with this answer :blobsmilehappyeyes::blobxd:
    (Sorry for the late reply, I just created this account to write this, so I am not very active in here.):notlikeblob:

9. Ebihara

Ebihara Member

Reading List:
    Link

10. Ebihara

Ebihara Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So does the emperor loved sienna or he's the type to love the child that came out of his 'loved women' like from when the villainess loves.
    Please pardon me as i'm not familliar with using this site.

boom2424 and beazacha like this.
  11. knightsky_gur

knightsky_gur Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awwww thanks so much and yes it does help :) LETS BE POSITIVE bcs i would not write a story to waste my time pouring my heart and soul just to wrtie an epilogue and be like lmao just a dream y'all

like no, thats not gonna happen

White heiwa and ArkiV_10 like this.
  12. Chikasatowa

Chikasatowa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The translator of The Great Wish (Wrippler) will no longer translate the series due to personal reasons and due to the request of one of the author:(:cry: ㅠ.ㅠ I really really liked her translations :(.

To Wripple-nim, I hope you will overcome all the obstacles you are currently facing! Fighting!!!

13. Ssen

Ssen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I found the korean book in google play books but is there a way or a setting i should check to read it in english? do i have to manually translate each page? if yes, is there an app that would help me translate faster? I really like the story after reading the manhwa. Thank you in advance.

Btw, the way Kuhn stares at Sienna and confessed and said stuff like he would only tell his secrets to the person he will marry and that he wish he could someday tell it to Sienna, like as if already proposing?? OH MY LORD the chemistry. when they met at the hunting grounds? Spectacular.

14. beazacha

beazacha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what was told here feels like the dreams are a Cautionary Tale to make sure Sienna wouldn't fall to the wrong path and would fullfil the gods wishes with Kuhn; there's a reason why her father was skipped after all and is probably because he would never give the book to her but that was against the gods will.

If the whole plot was only a dream from Bitter Sienna it wouldn't make sense to the future pop up on Sienna's dreams since that would only rub salt on the wounds of a woman about to die and wouldn't add anything to her wish of seeing Kuhn one more time.

Khadz and LeideLis like this.
  15. rainrain00

rainrain00 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish I could read more spoilers of the novel because I can’t find the novel and I’m broke Also I pitty the mls cause it seems that they have to overcome some shitty things to be able to be together :(

16. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion I think the reason the gods said that was so she would not make an absurd wish like resurrecting her brother (we know she his death was her greatest regret). So she ended up making a simple dream as a wish.

The thing is Isabelle can touch the fruits of the sacred tree but we don't know if ekart can. So, it's safe to say that it isn't a dream but reality because Isabelle was conceived outside wedlock due to love. So, it can indicate that the gods wish came true compared to the dream Sienna.

For your second question - It might be done to give closure. We know the ending of Sienna so the epiloque might be the ending of the dream Sienna (a possible future with was averted)
    Also, all the gods did, was sent a dream. All actions and decisions were taken by Sienna and the other people themselves.

Lastly, the major facts of the future really didn't change. Sienna was again married to kuhn and her mother was punished in both timelines. The only difference is that those who deserved severe punishment, got it and those who deserve happiness also got it.

I doubt the gods will allow their descendants to suffer the way dream Sienna and dream kuhn did when they were responsible for the unification of the Raad clan and royalty. Even more so, when the real problem started with their grandfather. Therefore, this situation can be considered a reward from the gods.

The other royalties didn't really do anything to deserve such rewards from the gods but Sienna and kuhn are the ones who were meant to bring unification. So, it's only natural that the gods would also wish them happiness together.

17. Scarletheart

Scarletheart New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am confused . What is relic ?? Is it a wish?? Is the current timeline real or just wish??

boom2424 likes this.
  18. veeeka

veeeka Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    idk how to use the forum so sorry if something doesn’t look right but i just wanted to give my two cents about this (i bought the whole series but i can’t read/understand korean so i’m only relying on in-app google trans, orz take it with a grain of salt) also if someone’s already said this before, sorry

Everything that happened in the current-timeline-Sienna definitely isn’t a dream only (i think). In the first place, the future-Sienna’s last wish before she died wasn’t really so that she could dream or dream a made up happy future with kuhn but that she could see in a dream the last time she and future kuhn had their first and last real conversation (cause she misses him T T), hence current-timeline-Sienna only getting dreams of THIS specific day. (In case anyone doesn’t know, all the dreams current-timeline-Sienna had, spanned only a single day in future-Sienna’s life) Now as to why current-timeline-Sienna also had these dreams, i think it’s simply because Sienna is god’s favourite child or something, like, the god tree bloomed flowers and bore fruit only for her. And kuhn and her being together is fate so that’s why god gave her this chance. Not to mention their kids are also like needed to kinda restart the royal line that is complete (Sienna’s god lineage+Kuhn’s god lineage united) in “holiness” (for lack of better word). I just like to think future Sienna was an alternate reality.

Also, i don’t think the great wish, or ultimate end goal of god is to reunite Sienna’s and Kuhn’s “god blood” together but that Shinmok(?) -the god tree, needs to propagate, and provide the whole world with it’s blessings and protection. As one theologian’s thesis said that Sienna once consulted, shinmok being monopolized by the empire is not god’s will but men’s selfishness. Shinmok is powerful, provides a shield and protection against monsters and makes the land abundant (prevents “desertification”), and since no one aside from the empire’s royal family can actually handle it, lest the tree withers and dies, it ensures the loyalty of surrounding kingdoms to the empire. Because the ancestors of kuhn refused this ideology, they left the empire. anyway, lots of things happened but now that Sienna’s and kuhn’s godly bloodline have united in their children, (i think) shinmok has found that it’s now the right time to make this great wish come true, cause this united bloodline is worthy or something, that’s why their first child, isabelle, was granted the first fruit of the god tree (which she said “has a baby shinmok inside > <) and which she plans on planting on the land raad clan/eckart is going to receive from sienna so that according to Isabelle, her dad becomes happy and so that it won’t be dangerous for eckart QAQ, cause the land’s by the desert you know and there are lots of monsters and it’s infertile). Sienna tried to get one of the fruits, then kuhn, but the tree even physically refused them the fruit but the first time isabelle went to shinmok, a single fruit “ripened” for her and when she reached out for it, the tree itself lowered its branch and handed it to her. Sienna thought to herself that her daughter was the owner of this fruit.

Lastly, i don’t think sienna is the first female emperor? Not sure though, but isabelle’s name, according to his granddad, the previous emperor who gave her name to her, was taken from the very first person who made the shinmok bloom with flowers. I don’t know if she was an emperor too cause i only mtl’d but i’ll just assume she was cause sienna had gotten close to shinmok before too but it only reacted and flowered when she was crowned emperor. Anyways, this has gotten toooooo long and maybe it made things more confusing, sorry. T T

shashasha, boom2424, Khadz and 2 others like this.
  19. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fatimah has finally appeared in the Manga. I really liked her but before she introduced herself, I thought she might be a member of raad clan and a very close relative of kuhn.:blobxd: I even thought it would be kinda nice if she was kuhn's sister. :blobupset:

The resemblance between her and kuhn is so uncanny. She is really very beautiful. :blob_blush:

20. luminas

luminas Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hello, I just read the lastest chapters. Does anyone knows how long this new arc(?) will last? will kuhn get engage with fatimah? :notlikeblob: