Spoiler New Spoiler Plugin for the Forums

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Tony, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Merumeruni

Merumeruni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh. Actually can anyone help me..? I'm a bit lost. So yeaaa how do I put pictures on thread..?? Sorry my English so bad. Hope u guys understand it.

2. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When you click edit, click on "more options" to bring the full post editor. Click where it says "Upload a file" at the bottom". Once the image is uploaded, click "thumbnail" or "full image" to bring the image into the post.
    Note: When you use the above method, if you edit the post later on, you have to reinsert the image into the post.

If you have a link, you can click on the image icon and just paste a link to the image.
    imagess.PNG

kawaii12345 and Mikaa like this.
  3. Darkness1989

Darkness1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the hard work.

4. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be useful for NEW spoiler thread and popular novel with 50 spoiler pages more.
    But then, who would edit all the old spoiler posts?

5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a community effort! You should do it to the threads you can! ^^)/

OnceandFutureLurker and Kaylee like this.
  6. Privvnn

Privvnn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you create a place holder I’m confused??

7. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A place holder is an empty post, basically, that simply exists to reserve a spot in the thread. If you create a new thread in this subforum, a new post is created automatically by the Spoiler Curator account to reserve the second post in the thread. This post is meant to be edited with spoilers or links to spoilers in the thread, as a sort of table of contents for the thread. So that if someone posts spoilers on, say, page 5 of the thread, you don't have to read through the entire thread looking for them.

Anyone can edit a Spoiler Curator post at any time, as if it was one of their own.

If you want to add a Spoiler Curator post to an existing thread rather than make a new one, you can log into the account and create the post yourself. It does not have to be in the same format as the standard place holder.

You created a thread earlier that already had an existing thread in this subforum. I've merged your new thread into the old one and moved the automatically created Spoiler Curator post to the top of the existing thread, which didn't have one.

AliceShiki and Privvnn like this.
  8. wendy121331

wendy121331 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THX a lot:):):)

9. Brown sugar

Brown sugar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just formed this account and wanted to know how to post a spoiler and what it qualifies to post one? Or if someone can post in my steed:whistle::unsure:

10. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question - How do I quote another spoiler post in the TOC? I am using mobile and am not getting the insert quote option when editing the spoiler_curator post for TOC. Any ideas?

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Click on the "Reply" button for the post you wanna quote. The quote will appear in your reply box.

Then, copy the whole thing, and paste it at the TOC of the Spoiler Curator.

Dragon_Reader likes this.
  12. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    The Table of Contents for The Princess Imprints a Traitor was edited yesterday at 6:13pm and everything was deleted. I was the one who made the TOC for the novel and it was a lot of time and effort down the drain now. I don’t know if it was an accident or someone just decided to be an asshole and delete for kicks and giggles. This is actually a thought that came to me a while back: what if someone just decides to delete the YoC?:hmm: I think the TOC is a good idea but this is one of the downsides to it, the fact that anyone can edit but can delete it. I don’t mind making the TOC for it again, but if it’s just gonna get deleted again (maybe) why even bother. Can a staff address this issue pls? @Tony @Westeller @LaDyViL (idk who I should tag, I just tagged the one I know who I see the most on here i guess)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure the edits for that account are logged. It should be fixed soon and the appropriate person will probably get their editing rights revoked or something.

14. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! First of all, thank you for taking the time to help with the spoiler forums!

As for the ToC you worked so hard on, it's been restored. There's no need to worry about trolls as they can easily be banned and edits can be restored.

Pacekot, Blitz and AliceShiki like this.
  15. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok thank you for bringing it back:blobsmilehappy:

MelanieH128 likes this.
  16. cometothedarkside97

cometothedarkside97 Unleash Your Imagination

Reading List:
    Link
    Excuse me, i want to ask few questions. So i was searching for the Spoiler Thread of "I Am A Child Of This House" Novel, but can't find it. Turn out the Novel Pickup Request of it become spoiler thread with 21 pages and lot of spoilers scattered.
    (Link: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/i-am-a-child-of-this-house.78226/)

Though i've edited few of Spoiler Curator's post before, i've never made Spoiler Curator's post until this happen. So i tried to log in, made a post/place holder and report it so it can be on top.

After that, the issue resolved and the post made it to the top. However i can't edit the post to edit the spoilers, the edit button didn't came out. I've already log out of Spoiler Curator's account and using my own account. I also tried different browser, and restarting my phone. So i wonder if there is some kind of error or something? Or is it my mistake? Then i reported the post again because i thought there is some kind of error. After that the post is gone, so right now there is no longer Spoiler Curator's post in that forum again.
    *ps: when it made to the top, the post become the 3rd post in the forum not the 2nd, so i wonder if this an error too

To sum up, the questions are:
    1. Is it alright to put Spoiler Curator's post in Novel Pickup Request, if it become kinda become spoiler forum with a lot of pages and spoilers scattered between?
    *I wonder if it's the reason the post got deleted

2. What happen to the Spoiler Curator's post i made that it got deleted and i can't edit the post (no edit button whether i log into my own account or Spoiler Curator's account)? Did i do something wrong? I tried few other forum, but in the other forum there is no problem with it, the edit button is there

3. Why the Spoiler Curator's post become the 3rd post not the 2nd? Is it doesn't matter as long as it's on the 1st page? Because usually Spoiler Curator's i saw become the 2nd post after the detail of the Novel. In this case the order are Novel Intro, a reply, then Spoiler Curator's post.

Thank you, and sorry for my limited english

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  17. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...let me answer some of your questions...
    1. no. novel pickup threads shouldn't be used to exchange spoilers but people still do. dunno why other than perhaps those people are blind and/or too lazy to navigate the forum to make a thread and instead plop down wherever google brought them to.
    2. editing privileges are only allowed for the spoiler subforum. another reason why people shouldn't be posting spoilers in novel pickup
    3. cause of time stamps...mods have to manually change the timestamp to make something the second post if the thread was created before the spoiler curator account was created. all new threads automatically come with spoiler curator as the second post. the mod who moved it probably changed the date and forgot to change the exact time to be right after the first post.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    AliceShiki likes this.
  18. cometothedarkside97

cometothedarkside97 Unleash Your Imagination

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for answering! I was so confused and wondering what's wrong as this is my first time login and posting in Spoiler Curator's acc to create the Spoiler's post. Because i just so frustrated seeing the spoilers scattered there and want to edit it :notlikeblob:.

19. mobius29

mobius29 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I apologize in advance since i had no idea where else to ask this.....so anybody know the name of a chinese novel on novelupdates where the FL a psychiatrist and the ML is rich guy with somekind of germ phobia likr he doesnt like anyone touching him and all

20. naruharu

naruharu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, thanks for this! I've been wondering how to place a TOC for a thread that didn't have one initially and is now 12+ pages.

This is for 'The Time of the Terminally ill Extra' thread. So many good spoilers but no TOC and have been itching to make one.

So to recap:

1. Log into Spoiler Curator account and create a thread (noted on making a draft first)
    2. Post the TOC
    3. Report the post so the Admin can put it on the first page

Is that right? Thanks!

Edit edit edittttt:
    Hi, it's me again! I've already created the TOC on 'The Time of the Terminally ill Extra' thread and reported it too. Admin, can please help put it on the front page of that thread? Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    RedRuchi likes this.