Discussion The Abandoned Empress

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by flamingorangesoof, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Aikodesu

Aikodesu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you, and that's what I was saying previously. That the author took it to what some fans according to the trends. But this doesn't mean they didn't put any effort to it, otherwise, it wouldn't go viral like that to not only the Korean readers, whom the novel was actually for.

And if you're going to say that only Abandoned Empress is the only novel that is out of logic then I'd say you are wrong. Fantasy after all is not logical isn't it? not even when you include good reasoning (according to us readers). Nothing make sense, including the main theme "rebirth" or "second life in another world" esp to a novel you happened to read or a game you previously play.
    Take for example, apart of this theme of those trending Chinese arrogant CEO manhwas/webtoons, do they seem like they hold any logic? esp when they have over 600 chapters and they all hold unsolved misunderstandings that come one after another?

They say that Asian audience like long drama, but it's too much to mention that as if all of them does, right?

Or now, another Korean translated webtoon " I Tamed The Wild Duke ". Ngl that's a hilarious webtoon and I wish it didn't stop. But why did it stop? because it wasn't logical at all nor the author had explained many points and did rush and jump in the chapters till the fans went ranting and it stopped.
    So nope. Fantasy in action, advantures, shounen, Seinen, shoujo or any other genre you'd read does not make any logic.

It's just us readers liking some works and disliking others. But this does not mean saying that the one who made it is stupid or jump to say lots of stuff as if you jumped to their mind nor those who liked what you did not are the same. This was truly upsetting and sad.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  2. Aikodesu

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally agree that "Most" not all readers will go on for that character just because he's handsome or she's pretty and look pure.

When you mention this, think about the other characters too, I mean, if we talk about looks then how about Sein and Allen?
    Would some fans cry for Sein being the second lead and Allen for having his unfair childhood which made him be so dark if not for their looks?

About Claude, I don't even read WMMAP x"D
    But I've seen a lot about Claude and I dislike the fact that he killed his own daughter. What made me dislike him more is some fans defending him as "she's not his daughter after all she's from another world so she doesn't have a trauma"
    Excuse me, how about his "real daughter's soul"?
    He must be famous to many of this manhwa's readers but this doesn't mean that all of them like him just because he's handsome or forgive the fact that he killed his daughter and tried to kill her again.

3. Dimension Breaker

Dimension Breaker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But in this story there's no trigger warning?

If theres a note in the summary that pointed out that the MC got back with her former whitewashed abuser because of her abused victim mentality then I honestly wouldn't have started reading this in the first place as its no different from all those trash CEO manhua/manhwa like one user here pointed out. This may be a fictional story but others like me read stories in a perspective as if we're the MC, which is why after all she went thru it really annoyed me how she got over her trauma thru questionable development.

Well, in stories the MC cant be more intelligent than the author so there's that understandable reason.

Taruna likes this.
  4. Psosm

Psosm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Sorry if I come across as a know-all douchebag to you, but I dont remember saying that The Abandoned Empress is the only thing that doesn't have logic? For your example of arrogant ceo yes I agree they don't make much sense or logic like The Abandoned Empress, but the problem is I never said that The Abandoned Empress is the only thing that doesn't have logic, i'm really confused here.

And yes fantasy doesn't really have full on IRL logic setting so I guess I'm wrong for using the word logic to describe the story? So i will correct myself here the story doesn't make sense that's what I think, there is no good reasoning just like what you said I agree, a good story in my opinion should have a good reasoning when thing happens.

"Or now, another Korean translated webtoon " I Tamed The Wild Duke ". Ngl that's a hilarious webtoon and I wish it didn't stop. But why did it stop? because it wasn't logical at all nor the author had explained many points and did rush and jump in the chapters till the fans went ranting and it stopped." I don't know why you include this one but I guess you are tying to prove that not all asian is the same in their taste? I never even said that. :blobconfused:

Or maybe you are trying to defend the people who keeps whiteknighting this? But whiteknighting will not work it's clearly dropped because the author keeps getting hate which I really condemn (looks at my original post there), even if you keep motivating and tries to defend the author I doubt she/he will continue it because no ones likes to be hated which bring backs to my point, I really have no respect against those who keeps shouting that the story is good or bad, I mean just make a civilized review can't you? Now if even after everyone makes a civilized review the author still drop it because of the bad rating, it is definitely the author's fault, I mean why bother making a story If you can't take the criticism.

At least some of the novels in that genre have a clear written reasoning that most people can understand and can have an agreement upon, unlike The Abandoned Empress here, considering how there's two extremely different camps, the one that tried to justify the FL being with the ML, and the one that rant the FL being with the ML because it makes no sense to them.

For your "All Asian likes long drama" I never said that either I only said that specific audience that the author tries to appeal to (the one who likes abusive ml) so I don't understand what you're getting at here, I'm genuinely confused like I'm not even being sarcastic here so, sorry if I sound as one, English isn't my first language.

"But this doesnt mean those who liked what you did not are the same" you must be getting this idea from the (the fans/the audience that the author tries to appeal to) yeah it seems I'm not being specific enough it should be the fans that keeps defending their favorite work that is The Abandoned Empress.

I also never said that the author is stupid? I even said she is genius to be able to makes it popular, there's difference between popularity and effort I mean you can make a novel popular without an effort for example by making the story so atrocious (I'm not talking about The Abandoned Empress here it's not that atrocious, what I mean is Invisible Dragon).

Again I don't understand what you said at all I feel like you replied to wrong comment there.

My only intention to make that comment up there is stop people from hating it or defending it because like I said people's taste is different, you don't need to shit on them or tries to defend your favorite work, your life doesn't revolve around it, so just let them be, we are not their parents or anything they can like or hate anything, you can't possibly change their mind when they are so adamant that they are right. But I guess my execution of that is downright atrocious to the point that you misunderstood that, then I'm really sorry that wasn't my intention at all.

Uhteen, aShinyVaporeon, Reack and 2 others like this.
  5. Aikodesu

Reading List:
    Link
    Then I am the one who should be apologising here not you ;----;

I am really sorry I got your point their wrong x"D I got the " this novel " wrong. I didn't get it as referring to "every novel is for some audience" , so I jumped to mention the other novels because I think it is unfair.

I agree with you in this, it is good to see people thinking this way too x3 !

6. Deleted member 300842

Deleted member 300842 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry i know this is out of topic but may i ask the character in your profile picture who is it and which manhwa is it from?

7. Deleted member 300842

Reading List:
    Link
    I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU however i didn't drop it because of Carsein mainly lol and Allendis and the father and daughter scenes but i hate ruve ( am not even writing his name with a capital letter because he doesn't deserve a tiny bit of respect) and i wish he burns in hell i don't care i hate him and if she forgives him i will never i am travelling there to kill him (packing my bags) i cant bear this anymore when i read moments between the two my heart is about to explode because of the malice it contains towards the author .:blobangery::blobdevil:

Taruna and Princess Alice like this.
  8. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    AHH!! Why am I reading this again!! It's fueling my anger for the book again!! This forum is like a delicious meal but i'm trying to diet

(But then again.... I have to deal with a yehua lover who's shitting on my precious SiFeng.............)

Taruna likes this.
  9. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC of 'How to Live as the Enemy Prince' webnovel. Its good but unfortunately the author died last year. So Im doubting someone will continue translating it like how I wish it to be :cry:

Deleted member 300842 likes this.
  10. Alina AquaRegilia

Alina AquaRegilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do get your point...well I think I do so correct me if I am wrong I am assuming that you are implying that the fans only like carsien and allen cause they are hot...I mean while it is certainly true to some extent(the art is simply superb)...the reason most people like Carsein is because he respects Tia and all and the reason people like Allen was because even though he made some shitty choices(trying to kill her dad)he at the end was willing to leave everything and go far away from her in order to protect her from himself and to be happy...Y'Know something a certain someone didn't do.Personally my opinion but Allen's backstory is not even that sad...(no offence)...I think he misunderstood his parents rather then them neglecting him.But the problem with Allen is that he is a classic yandere and with Allen going away fro Tia the author is probably implying that someone obsessed with you is not good for you due to their toxic traits but she then takes a total 180 with Ruvve saying that true love conquers all,even toxic traits which does seem a bit hypocritical to me...I mean if you wanted an healthy relationship you have sein right there you know...Perhaps I am looking too much into this.
    Well then you should definately read it...It will might probably make your blood boil...we would have something in common to bond over...bonding over mutual hate is a perfect way to build friendship
    But seriously you might hate the FL though I fell she is too insensitive...
    Hmmm....I could but its too fun though

Taruna and rose93 like this.
  11. Deleted member 300842

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for replying and that's so unfortunate :blobconfused::blob_pout::blob_teary:

12. Aikodesu

Reading List:
    Link
    I might've misunderstood the point of the one who mentioned this myself xD
    but you're almost right. I mean about the pair, that after all Tia ended with Ruve but many fans were upset for Allen and Sein.
    If we talk about the looks, those fans (not all for sure) will stand for esp Sein (ngl I like his character so much too ><) but they won't pair him with Tia at all.

Sigh, about Who made me a princess ;--;

I actually dropped it because it was too much for me (heartbreaking I mean) from Athy and Claude's relationship. It was too much seeing him treating her like that so I just dropped it :"D

There is also (Actually, I was the real one) and I hold myself to go on with the plot :"
    As well as (I swear I won't bother you again!) to hold a similar "father and daughter" relationship but not as the main conflict :"

13. Paris_Eve

Paris_Eve Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YEAH TRUE, I got completely curious about how worst is the Ruve which make many People dislike him and Think if he is One of The Worst ML. Sooo, I began to read the Manhwa and then the Novel. Then, I Understand it. His Behaviour is Really Trash in The 1ST TIME LINE. Which reasulted into a Tragedy for Everyones. However, In the 1ST TIME LINE EVERYONE HAVE THEIR OWN PART OF FAULT. A LOT OF MISSUNDERSTANDING OCCURED BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF COMMUNICATION. 1. Tia who live like a doll like empress whithout emotion makes Ruve missunderstand her behaviour, while deep down she love him so much. She is ignorant enough to aware of the loves given to her which Ruve dearley Yearning, wich makes him more resent her. So, until She Died she still hold her Silent Love for Ruve. 2. Ruve who have high pride and full resentment + hatred makes the situation worsened. He as the man didn't approach Tia first as her Fiancee which makes him can't understand her at all and Occured A lot of Missunderstanding. He only valued her after 4 year and Hoping to meet her after he die miserably in 1st TIME LINE. 3. Jiun who fell into an UNK world is really Fool and did't have awareness of what happen and her situation which makes easy to control and gain advantage with. Its reasulted in her FaKe Love with Ruve crumbled after 4 year of their Mariage. In The End She is Die Miserably after beibg stabed by Duke Zena and Has her Baby Taken in ST TIME LINE.
    Given These Situation In The 1ST TIME LINE, It can't be helped. Their tragedy is Inevitable.
    HOWEVER IN THE 2ND TIME LINE, Tia started to Change bit by bit. Which Influece Ruve view of her. It Makes Him Changes and Devloped Drastically into a Better Man and Human Being. Ruve in The 2ND TIME LINE is a Caring and Wise Man. Here, He admited if He loves Tia Dearly and want to stay by her side as her patner. He, keep showering her with affection which makes her confused and avoiding him more (Poor Ruve ). Therefore Ruve who know Tia Reason to advoid him didn't give up and keep his effort to makes her open her hearth. In The End His Effort Pay Off when She Confirm his love for her. In The 2ND TIME LINE, (One of My Fav Moment) He Event makes the Oath of Blood to Always Love Her and Stay by Her Side until his last breath in return of One Wish. He Wish she will always Love Her and stay by His side forever Until his last breath.
    So, AFTER READING THE NOVEL. I Belive if Ruve is One of The Best ML out there. His Development is Well Written. Imagine at the same time you can hate and love the same person which is same but different. We must understand if Ruve is Not Perfect, which makes him a human being. Here we know if destiny which is interpeted as decision of something inevetable can be changed whith ones action. Maybe Fate can't be changed but You can Makes a Better Situation around Your Fate by Your Action. Thats the Conclusion that I got after Reading the story. Thats Why Vita Turn Back Time to Fix The Inevitable Tragedy that can be Avoided. In the End Tia and Ruve action influenced each other and makes their Destiny and Fate Changed for Good. Ps: Ruve 2nd tl is The Best no debate.

Kezi likes this.
  14. Paris_Eve

Paris_Eve Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, After I Read The Whole Story I can't hate Ruve but can only loves him more. He is really a Great Character which you can hate but love at the same time. Actually, He is such a Complicated Character if You can see it throughly. Which makes people Conflicted about his Character. (If your read until the end I think you can understand more because He is under drug influece also Tia in 1st Time Line which makes them More sentimental). So, I think People should not judge this story based on some spoiler but just enjoy the story and judge it in the end. I belive you will have a different view from your prejudgement.

15. Naraina

Naraina Step Red Sibling ⭐ | † Trickster

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll say that if you want peace of mind then don't read it because if you do , even a little you would end up here just or at some debate whether be it with yourself or with others
    XD

Plus the author turned the storyline into a cliche at the end :blobpensive:

rose93 likes this.
  16. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My two cents on the abandoned empress that just kinda struck me yesterday, is that in the second timeline all that fundamentally really changed was Tia. Yes Jieun changed too but I’m talking before that. I feel like the author unintentionally blames tia cause the reason why the prince and everyone misunderstood her was because she was cold and in the second timeline she became less cold and more open and that’s why he fell in love with her. (At least I remember someone saying that’s the reason why he fell in love with her.) it’s kinda like a backhanded way of saying well if she was open with her feelings and told the prince she loved him this wouldn’t of happened. And yes in side stories at the end did prove that she showed her love through actions in the first timeline but I still feel like author in some way is saying it’s Tias fault. But she was only cold because everyone around criticized her and the environment she was in. (Not her father, I mean the people in the her first life who told her to take a hint after the prince refused to see her.) This is just my opinion I don’t mean to shade anyone. I don’t absolutely hate the ending even before I found out who she would end up with I still knew it would end that way from beginning.

17. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    For a female lead who has been prepared her entire life to deal with politics and the social cliques as empress, she sure is clueless as heck when it comes to making actual decisions and reading people. I thought one life time and several years in a second life time would have been enough but she's pretty much useless?

1. What has she been doing this whole time lol. Not once has she ever decisively made a decision on her own. If she really wanted that badly to escape her marriage, she should have used her future knowledge. But all her future knowledge amounted to was a simple craftsman who makes binyao? That was the extent her future knowledge?

2. Her entire time she timetraveled could have been used to prepare to take care of the noble faction but she spends it entirely on making an harem (let's admit it for what it is) and she only finally begins to make a move when Jieun appears? Why the heck didn't she make preparations before Jieun's appearance? Like why?

3. She had experience with Allen and his emotions but she can't read Carsein's emotions? Is this female lead emotionally stunted? Wasn't she a queen in her first life? Don't queens need to understand the social subtleties and stuff?

This female lead only has a pretty face. She can't make decisions when it matters but the author tries to pass it off as if she is a capable woman. This novel is pretentious. Bad writing of female leads who pretend to be strong capable women but due to the author's lack of skill are just lack luster.

The only good redeeming points of this novel is the other love interests who sadly have more interesting characters and motivations than the actual main character. Heck, even the supporting cast are more interesting.

One advice for the author is...don't be pretentious. Novels fail because they pretend to be something they are not. ╮( ̄▽ ̄)╭ Just stick to what you know or actually research because it really shows when you try to write characters as "smart, capable, or independent" but they are not at all.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    Taruna, aShinyVaporeon, Reack and 4 others like this.
  18. morranstillscaresme

morranstillscaresme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just wanted to join the fire and burn myself lol. :blobReach:

this novel is basically a rough equivalent of: [oh? you had a rough past? even tho you just broke the window and robbed me yesterday, sure! take all the alcohol!, oh and here, a few bucks tho it wont help much, but here!]

reading this story made me feel nothing (maybe a few frustrations lol), the story was just a typical second-chance shoujo fantasy but maybe more refined? ig. unlike a few stories similar, it goes more in depth of the characters but imo, not executed well. at the first half the fl was great but became more bland, the others were also interesting but was completely washed out the drain for me. when i was reading a few spoilers, i saw that the ml was going to be the cp, that one dude on the first chapter that was one of the causes of her misery on tia's 1st-timeline, and it wasn't really frustrating as it is already overdone b4, but i was quite interested on how the author will handle it, as i saw angered readers that disliked the decision, so i was amused on how the characters will develop throughout the series. it was a bit disappointing that the outcome was poorly executed, imo tia and ruve's interaction were stiff and doesn't flow smoothly, honestly just wished the two would make amends and would remain acquaintances.

and honestly i really dislike involving morality and virtues when i am reading/watching since i know that the story is merely fictional, but jesus christ, ruve's actions were very very questionable. his actions had many reasons however that does not strengthen his excuse, (think of it like this, or not) a person that was abused by his parents and was alone in this miserable world and attempted a robbery and stole a bunch of goods to survive and he gets caught and is arrested, in the court of justice, the person had many reasons to why he did it, he had a bad environment and was alone but that is no excuse and you need to take accountability on those actions. but tbh he is not the only one with flaws, all the casts were also flawed. overall the story was just a badly executed one, it had a few unique direction that it could've take to make it more fresh and interesting but was just drained.

and tbh stories like these are ones that are very popular on the romance section, and it sometimes alarms me as the internet is spreading globally like the speed of lighting, that a younger minority or mentally unstable people think these types of relationships are normal and 'romantic', (i have a few nieces that thinks like this unfortunately), maybe im just thinking over this too much lol.

lastly, the thing that i wanted to take of my chest, is the author that is getting massive backlash. i get why the author gets the negative comments but degrading the author is cruel. i have seen massive
    negative reviews and backlash in blogs and discussion towards the author. constructive criticsm is ok but pure criticism is nasty.

aShinyVaporeon, Reack and rose93 like this.
  19. Undramun

Undramun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The comments are amazing, well my thoughts on the romance? Yeah fuck the fml and the ml , bitch went from having PTSD at just the sight of seeing him to blushing every time she sees him

I could understand and even root for them to end up together if it was another soul inside the fml ( i forgot her name that's how sick I'm of her) like reincarnated in a novel plot , but i can't root for the relationship because ,ITS HER
    THE PAIN , THE SUFFERING EVERYTHINGGGGGG SHE FELT IT , it's not another soul that need in a novel by mistake it's HER! I really saw people downplaying ML behavior XD
    This is just too funny
    Like 20% is his fault and the rest her ? So fuck her XD
    Fuck the baby and the father , that bastard is way to hot XD

Taruna likes this.
  20. Mis Occ

Mis Occ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't believe the author is making her cry not because she can't have children but because she can't have children to please Ruve *gag*
    In the past she didn't care the child died because Ruve didn't care about the child. In the present she's told she's infertile, no tears in sight, but Ruve smiling at someone else's child oh boo hoo I can't make him smile like that. Its sad how badly she wanted to use the child as a shackle for the prince's affection and then takes the blame for the loss of the child like Ruve did nothing wrong or traumatizing and he's free of all fault. Not one word out of her mouth condemns him for how he is the reason she lost her child and they didn't have that happy life she's fantasizing about.
    She doesn't deserve any kids with that way of thinking anyways