Resolved How do I add/suggest a new tag?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by luoxinle, Jan 8, 2021.

1. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to add the tag "face-slapping" because that is a common plot theme in many Chinese novels. How do I add or suggest a new tag?

2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I am sure a mod will be a replying with a more professional reply regarding the procedure, but I am pretty sure this tag won't be approved.

AliceShiki likes this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/cleaning-up-tags-on-nu-v2-0.40496/page-30#post-4674885
    Is where you can recommend tags but your suggestion will almost certainly not be approved. The tag has been suggested every now and then over the years. It's such pretty subjective and covers such a large proportion of novels( CN especially but kr and Jp is common). If it were applied it would be the most certainly be the most common tag and that really makes the point of its existence redundant.

AliceShiki likes this.
  4. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
    I see what you mean about it being too vague. I'll have to think about what's different about the novels I'm trying to target and how to define a tag that describes those novels and not all novels. It may be just a question of degree, in which case there's not really any way to create a tag for that. But it's good to know where to suggest tags anyway! Thanks for your help!