Japanese Nito's Lazy Other World Syndrome

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Deadmantellnotales, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Deadmantellnotales

Deadmantellnotales rebmeM nwonK-lleW

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Name: Nito's Lazy Other World Syndrome
    [ニトの怠惰な異世界症候群 ~最弱職〈ヒーラー〉なのに最強はチートですか?~]

Raw Link: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n1489eq/

Manga Link: https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-200201256

NU Link: can't find it

Why It Should Get Picked Up: 1st chapter of manga released today, the manga have a dark tune. Dark fantasy novels are much better to read that those fantasy novels with goodie shoes MC's.
    God, I'm bad at explaining, just read the manga, it's good.

Description: Masamune, a second-year high school student, is involved in a class transition immediately after jumping off the roof of the school building.
     There is a throne hall.
     The students were each given senior positions such as wise men and heroes.
     However, Masamune's occupation was healer.
     Masamune who is praised as incompetent and is expelled by one person.
     After wandering in the darkness, Masamune, who gained the skill “Inverted Mischief [Pole]”, gains the majestic magic of “erosion wave” by reversing the healing magic.
     Masamune, who gained the strongest power, vowed revenge on classmates and princesses.
     Head to revenge with friends you meet on the journey, such as demons and white cats.

Imgur Link : https://m.imgur.com/gallery/EZuSl1J

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  2. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hah, another boring and predictable edgy story. nTXnixm.jpg

3. NamGi

NamGi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just hope it isn't romance or harem.

Deadmantellnotales likes this.
  4. CreamPuffDelights

CreamPuffDelights Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the manga chap too. Basically just another isekai "this guy is somehow the weakest only because we want to put face slapping in the story, but of course he's going to be OP thanks to a gimmick, or some hidden trick in his skill that no one else has" type of story.

1. Characterization is stupid as hell. Every time i see the word "weakest" nowadays, i automatically associate it with a writer who is simply shitty at writing tension into a story, and has to rely on a gimmick like that. Want to guess how many times it's used in the first chapter? The reason he's called stupid is equally dumb as hell. Who in their right minds would diss a healer?

2. the protag instantly goes edgy, "i will destroy everyone" barely 1 page in. This is after he tries to commit suicide. Really? You were so chicken and depressed and unwilling to fight back at all, that you committed suicide, but then you immediately went all rage monster after you reincarnated?

The point here is that because he was transferred directly before successfully committing suicide, he obtained a different system from the other people. In other words, "special" vs "generic", or another reason to pretend he's weak when we all know he'll be OP.

P.S: Whether he will actually carry out his promise to cause pain and suffering on the other hand, is to be seen, because Japs are Japs. Chinese novels are one thing, but Japs are all the way on the other extreme. I've yet to actually even see one single novel that makes the bad guys suffer, at best, they just expose the bad stuff to the public and then kill them off.

3. Why is the princess and the king being such a dickwad to the people they summoned? If the people they summoned are so weak, what is the point of summoning them in the first place? If they are summoned because they will get stronger than them, or already are, then aren't they just asking to get their asses reamed?

You can probably guess the rest of the story just based on those points alone.

5. Nonon

Nonon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Discount shield hero

6. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They referring are weakest in terms of tiers of classes, Healer is on the lowest tier, while the rest of the summoned people were in high tier classes.

There is a difference between CLASS and ROLE, they are dissing the class but not the role, no one would diss the healer ROLE, but if there are more powerful classes within that role, then people are going to be willing to diss the lowest tier class. The class having the same name as the role when in other settings it would tend to have names like white mage, priest, cleric, etc means it is likely either extremtly generic and weak, or OP. The locals reaction says it is the generic and weak class falling behind other more specalized classes. This is something that almost everyone who was idiotically commenting on how you never diss the healer or some other BS missed entirely

Look at it in terms weapon users, a generalist fighter is not as valuable as a specalized spearman, who loses out to as a knight. If you look at medieval documents there are wages listed for the different types of soldiers (based on weapon and armorments used, being infantry or mounted, etc) the MC is effectively the lowest tier infantry, but there are other healing classes that are the equivalent to cavalry and knights.

The class is very weak with low stats and no offensive power (the only skills he gets from it as restorative ones), but he was not weak. They just never read the text for his unique skill, which is they should have done. (in the webnovel the text is revealed right after where the manga chapter ended) but what make shim strong is not something that was intrinsic to him at this point, it is something he picks up afterwards
    Basically the revenge god talks him into drinking something that lets the MC acquire a special skill, but he nearly dies by mimic before discovering what it does, ad it is only because the mimic will not leave the room, and resets to wait for someone to try and open it again that the MC gets is first kill.

kurohamukami likes this.
  7. CreamPuffDelights

CreamPuffDelights Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By your own words, was what i said wrong? Look at the way their attitudes and positions were drawn and characterized. Does he deserve that kind of exaggeratedly stupid-shield-hero-mob level reaction just because Healer is a lower tier restoration type class?

Would anyone deserve that kind of reaction? More to the point, would any normal person, regardless of setting, make that kind of reaction to someone, who no matter how weak, at least has the capacity to heal someone else, unlike them and their posse?

Case in point, perhaps they're thinking that the King already has a lot of higher tier restoration classes ready to support them, but from a EQ perspective, this guy is one of the people just summoned. Yes, they don't like him either, but that kind of brain dead over-reaction is basically telling them that the moment they stop being useful, they're gonna get discarded too no? Would any of them honestly, sincerely participate after that? If it was me, and i'm not exactly a role model for common sense; if I knew those guys had that kind of agenda, you bet your ass that I'm gonna be keeping my trump cards to myself just in case.

Therefore, my argument still stands. The characterization and logic of this first chapter sucks donkey balls. The writer wanted to create tension. The writer wanted to make a desperate situation. The writer had no idea how to do so. The writer used a cliche to do so.

My second point similarly stands, because by your own words, whether he himself was strong or not and whether or not they read the text of his unique skill, the gimmick is not his at this point in time, and it's the key to his future OPness. Which is cliche through and through from the days of Arifureta's very first chapter.

8. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    It shows that what you said was based on misreading what is going on, and did not understand why they were not satisfied with the summon.

CLASS =/= ROLE, your arguments about the stupidity are about the ROLE, but they are complaining about the CLASS, when everything going on says that there are other CLASSES in that ROLE and the MC just has the weakest, most generic one.

Deserve no, does it make sense yes.

He is dealing with selfish nobles who summoned "heroes" to fight a war that they are not losing, and not in a desperate situation. They were summoned (at cost to the nation, which is revealed later) to be superweapons, and he (other then a unique skill that they did not look at) is the most generic of generic class that the have in abundance. There are probably dozens if not hundreds in the capital alone, why would the need more.

This is not weakest in terms of useless, it is weakest in terms of lowest tier and generic to not be special in any way, and they were looking for special only.

They are not summoning heroes, they are summoning weapons that they have no emotional attachment to and will manipulate for their own ends. Nobles only care about other nobles, and the class are not nobles, they are tools to manipulate use and discard. A generic healer is not a weapon, it is something they have in abundance, so they are discarding the defective weapon and using that in their standard opression tactics to keep the others in line.
    And here is the proof you did not read what I said in my first post. To reiterate, CLASS =/= ROLE, your arguments about the stupidity are about the ROLE, but they are complaining about the CLASS, when everything going on says that there are other CLASSES in that ROLE and the MC just has the weakest, most generic one.

Because the spent resources for special and got an uber generic defect, plus there are almost certainly others in there with healing abilities. Remember class is not role, if healer was the only class that filled the healer role then they would have reacted differently, since it would mean they could assign another disposable pawn to support the disposable pawns, this reaction requires that there are other classes that can fill the healing role. Sage like that bully is one of the classes that usually has healing abilities, another classmate got priest which is another healing class staple.

When the author is referring to tiers of classes, and does not state that only class X can do Y then is it beyond idiotic to conclude that only X can do Y. Especially if it is something that is needed. Though depending on the nature of their wars a healer cold be a hindrance on the front lines, and need to be a rear line support when they need medical attention, a low stat class is just as vulnerable when area attacks occur, and could easily go down first. Plus it depends on how the world treats levels, nothing says that this world is a balanced game, and one of the popular but idiotic house rules you often see in tabletop RPGs is all XP goes to the one who lands the kill, without it being shared by the party. It could easily be a case that due to not having offensive abilities a healer simply can not level up like other classes which would be a very good reason for it to be a despised class. If you need level 30+ for the military, and they can barely get to level 10 they they will be useless. They are not saying why the class is low tier, and no one asked.

What is going on there is complicated, and hard to put yourself into do to it being so outside our experiences. the class is 100% dependent on the nation at this point, and they are re-assuring that dependence.

They are telling them that, but since the heroes are going to be dependant on the nation, and are still in the idiotic teen stage where their egos will convince them that they will always be useful on top of getting them drunk on the power to think straight, they don't really have a choice other then becoming criminals. It is carrot and stick, they are showing them the stick by using the outcast as an example, while also showing them the carrot with the school that they are sending them to. Plus the resurrected part, which they did ask about, tells them allot about the class, and this is in some ways also a test of the class, to make sure that they have scared them into line.

They are not going to let the class seize power, and are obviously going to put some safeguards into place, this is one of those safeguards, "be useful and obedient or we will get rid of you" will work on way to many people especially those who have been raised to defer to authority. Plus it could act as a test to see who they might need to get rid of in the future.

Though really what is happening is they are saying that they are not spending resources on generic, and sending him away, they are sending him to his death but not outright saying it. So this is telling the class that that is they want the support that they need (and they do) they need to be special and valuable to the nation.

there is a character chapter later on, and it seems to indicate that the one guy who got the hero class started planning to leave and disappear partly because of this, the 2 bullies doubled down on the nation

No, the logic of the chapter works out perfectly, if you look beyond the first layer to try and see signs of what is going on behind the characters PoV. and things becomes cliches do to overuse since they work, as well this chapter only really matters for setting the stage for the rest of the story. In fact making a original situation is so hard thinks to all the other stories that using a cliche is unavoidable and not something to shame the author for, there is nothing truly original anymore, it is how the story develops from there that matters.

Though one thing you need to remember is that this is not what the author wrote, it is was adapted to a manga which almost always simplifies things, and then translated which can easily leads to finer details being lost.

9. kurohamukami

kurohamukami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoiler?

10. Setra

Setra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. kurohamukami

Reading List:
    Link
  12. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does anyone know if the novel gets to the revenge part ? Or is this one of those stories where he abandons his revenge goal halfway through the story

13. kurohamukami

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this Chapter 38 ✍️

14. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @sjmcc13 do you happen to have any spoilers as for how the series goes / what happens etc?
    I assume he kills the Royals but .. what of his class or Toa and Sierra romance wise etc?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  15. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    I did not read very far in, only about as far as the current translation a little over a year ago, and the author has since taken it down from soyetsu but not here, The translation is already at the point the Summoning Kingdom was dealt with Psycho Princess, King, his court, and even his castle are all gone at MC's hand. though from one chatacter list it looked like
    MC had crippled the sage, and possibly killed his wife, the story spans several years or possibly time skips 5-6 years

sirwence and kurohamukami like this.
  16. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the info
    I didn't realize how much time it would cover - I assumed it would cover a few years but it seems it might even approach the decade mark before it ends if not surpass it in the epilogue. I do wonder how the romance side of it will end and hopefully he keeps himself sane I just read up to the King Princess and castle being uh .. removed

17. Killer7

Killer7 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly it is it’s polygamy