Discussion MC Alignment

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Smaug, Jan 8, 2021.

Tags:
?

What protagonist aligment do you prefer

Poll closed Feb 8, 2023.
  1. Lawfull good MC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Neutral good MC

8.0%
  3. Chaotic good MC

24.0%
  4. Lawfull neutral mc

12.0%
  5. True neutral MC

16.0%
  6. Chaotic neutral MC

16.0%
  7. Lawfull evil MC

8.0%
  8. Neutral evil MC

4.0%
  9. Chaotic evil MC

8.0%
  10. The jp classic generic MC without personality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The more destruction and chaos the better

4.0%
  12. As long as he has a harem I don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. If there is any loli nothing else matters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smaug

Smaug Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Eu estava lendo "outro manual regressor mundial" quando tive a ideia de fazer este tópico, porque pensei que MC era um pedaço de merda que parece ser mais um vilão do que MC, mesmo Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi MC é melhor do que isso ( pelo menos ele só pune pessoas que foram cruéis com ele)
    E gostaria de saber na sua opinião qual alinhamento você prefere. um MC
    Legal, bom (kamijou touma de toaru majutsu no índice)
    bom neutro (natsuki subaru de RE: zero), bom caótico (konosuma kazuma),
    legalmente neutro (ambos os protagonistas de No game no life)
    Verdadeiro Neutro (diablo de Isekai Maou para Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu (Como NÃO convocar um Lorde Demônio)
    , neutro caótico (Ainz -Sama of Overlord)
    , mal legal (o código das engrenagens lelouch), mal neutro (o protagonista de
    kaifuku jutsushi), caótico evil (luz da nota mortuária)

Edit: eu pretendia por uma foto, casa alguém tenha um tutorial sobre como fazer isso eu agradeço

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  2. Hamski

Hamski Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tend to avoid evil MCs because they are either so evil that it's uncomfortable (did you really have to kill that happy family for no reason?) or it feels like I'm reading an edgelord who just wants to be an asshole for the sake of being an asshole (did you have to betray your friend or do you have to talk like an arrogant young master). I need a good backstory if you want me to read the perspective of someone being an asshole because obviously, it's hard to empathize with a character who acts that way. I'm not invested in the MC otherwise and I'll probably get sick and tired of their antics without a motive.

For the good side of things, I don't hate the character immediately so I won't drop for that reason. Chaotic good usually gives the character a little more freedom so they are good fun to read. I feel more personality from these characters usually.

3. Blank-1

Blank-1 Fantasy-holic

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel that good MCs are easier to empathise with and like. But I’ve also got a soft spot for ruthless and determined MCs, regardless of alignment.
    I’d also love to see the chaos, or more specifically changes, an MC can cause.
    So overall I’d tend to chaotic good MCs.

Usually though, I wouldn’t care so much for the alignment. I’m more concerned about the MC keeping promises, not being ungrateful, and not betraying the trust of others. Because if those are violated, while I still might like the story like in Reverend Insanity, I wouldn’t like the MC anymore

Smaug likes this.
  4. Recouer

Recouer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lawful evil like the protagonist from reverend insanity.

Smaug likes this.
  5. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer my MCs vertical in alignment.

Smaug likes this.
  6. Owl1412

Owl1412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tough choice between chaotic good and chaotic neutral, but chaotic neutral wins in the end solely because of this video

Smaug and Greater thunder like this.
  7. Smaug

Smaug Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

8. Smaug

Smaug Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hamski, post: 6043742, member: 298142"I tend to avoid evil MCs because they are either so evil that it's uncomfortable (did you really have to kill that happy family for no reason?) or it feels like I'm reading an edgelord who just wants to be an asshole for the sake of being an asshole (did you have to betray your friend or do you have to talk like an arrogant young master). I need a good backstory if you want me to read the perspective of someone being an asshole because obviously, it's hard to empathize with a character who acts that way. I'm not invested in the MC otherwise and I'll probably get sick and tired of their antics without a motive.

For the good side of things, I don't hate the character immediately so I won't drop for that reason. Chaotic good usually gives the character a little more freedom so they are good fun to read. I feel more personality from these characters usually.
    You need to read this novel, you will probably like the MC, it seems to be the type of character you mentioned.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series...taken-along-when-i-sold-my-childhood-friend~/

9. Smaug

Smaug Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ironically the chaotic and good characters didn't have any votes yet it seems that no one likes a nice guy at all

10. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly don't like the alignment system in general, a lot of characters doesn't really fit into any of the alignments so most of the time it feels like people are trying to forcefully shoehorn characters into them.
    Although just based on the descriptions for the alignments themselves I guess I slightly prefer True Neutral, but it doesn't matter what alignment a character is closest to if it isn't suitable for the story they are in.

Also no offense meant, but I don't see how you can put Lelouch as evil if you are going to put Light Yagami as neutral, Lelouch might be flawed but at least he had good intentions and remorse while Light straight up had a god complex and no remorse for most of his actions.

ToastedRossi and Smaug like this.
  11. Smaug

Smaug Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [QUOTE = "Nimroth, post: 6044502, member: 9321"] Sinceramente não gosto do sistema de alinhamento em geral, muitos caracteres não se encaixam em nenhum dos alinhamentos, então na maioria das vezes parece que são pessoas estão tentando forçar os personagens a calçá-los.
    Embora apenas baseado nas descrições dos próprios alinhamentos, eu acho que prefiro um pouco True Neutral, mas não importa de qual alinhamento um personagem está mais próximo se não for adequado para a história em que estão.

Também sem querer ofender, mas não vejo como você pode colocar Lelouch como mau se você vai colocar Light Yagami como neutro, Lelouch pode ser falho, mas pelo menos ele tinha boas intenções e remorso enquanto Light diretamente tinha um complexo de deus e nenhum remorso pela maioria de suas ações.

Actually it was a wrong of, the light should be chaotic evil, I'll fix it thanks for letting me know

12. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alignments in general don't make a whole lot of sense because people are more complicated than that. In particular the Dungeons and Dragons alignment system is especially bad because it was slapped together. The original system didn't even have the good-evil scale; instead it was only a lawful-neutral-chaotic scale because it was lifted from Moorcock (and even then it was implemented in a dumb way). Adding good and evil to the system only makes things worse and only encourages more shoehorning. Once upon a time, even D&D tried replacing this scale with another one (it was still bad), and they normally hate dumping terrible ideas.

Nimroth and Greater thunder like this.
  13. NothingIsEternal

NothingIsEternal Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I can almost not read stories where the MC is nice ect...

I love to see an mc doing immoral things because I read too many novel-manga-series and always the same personality.

Then the real life is cruel, people do things out of interest. Not out of sacrifice, altruism is rare, but it takes everything to have a world. The life and the universe is chaotic but still need order too exist.

Like the ultra-op characters who are finally held back by morals created by different people (Superman best example). Morals and laws are things created by humans before of all. And not an omnipotent concept like atoms and neutrons and electrons, and the death which is present for any entity even the universe will one day die.

Rules are created to protect the weak, the strong are the people who make them and change them when needed for them.

Just enjoy whatever you love ;)

14. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Posts on the forum must be in English.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.