So, Children

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by I Ship anything cute, Jan 8, 2021.

?

Feelings towards children?

1. they're annoying

2. they're VERY annoying

3. i hold a strong dislike towards them

4. this doesn't seem very democratic

5. that's ironic coming from you

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like the mother had been sleeping around and the husband thought he finally found the culprit. :blobpopcorn:

imK likes this.
  2. Coffea to Ell

Coffea to Ell 【❀ Sleepy Bunny ❀】

Reading List:
    Link
    kids are little devil. they can't see you lay down peacefully. one time i lay down on my tummy then they start to bring comb and play with my hair. dunno what they do my hair become a tangled mess. after that they start to jump on my back repeatedly while shouting happily. my back.... :blobsob:

:blobxd: they found you similar to their other Dad

3. Sproutling

Sproutling We are the Sproutlings

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't stand their cry, so loud and annoying.

4. ALth3A

ALth3A 【Farming lv14】【Cooking lv30】【Crafting lv18】

Reading List:
    Link
    You will like children when you are in your mid twenties

AliceShiki likes this.
  5. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry to say but I dont think youre watching a kid.......................

YOURE WATCHING THE INDY 500 FROM 2007 YEEHAW

6. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    I like kids.
    I don't want any.

My younger siblings gave me plenty of children to care for. I regularly rotate through the bunch so I can spend one on one time with them during the holidays. I am fascinated by and enjoy their ways of thinking and how they see the world. We have regular conversations about all sorts of things and I enjoy planning out fun and educational stuff to do with them. All of the children are at least bilingual and I'm steadily working on turning them into polyglots (among other things).

The kids are my life. They love me and I love them right back.

Jevanka926 and AliceShiki like this.
  7. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, something I can help with!

Seeing how much ya seem to like your kids, lemme recommend you some hidden info I've come to learn about.

You don't really have to teach them definitions, or basically memorization based stuff, if they don't like it. Forcing them to do so will only spur them into disliking the language itself. What they do need is to practice their 'tongue'/'vocalisation' skills more. Once you get past a certain age, most likely your early teens, sounding like a native will get harder and harder until its basically impossible.

I've forgotten a lot of what I used to know about chinese or catalan, but my fluency is still top-notch in both languages. So I can pick it up anytime I want if I really wished to regain my former level.

TLDR: You can forget theory, which can be relearnt. But oral skills don´t go away. However, they do have an important timeframe.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    I Ship anything cute and imK like this.
  8. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh for sure!

The two youngest are really adaptable and enjoy learning things through play and physical activities. I myself grew up in a multi-lingual household (I speak three languages at native level if you count English, three at intermediate level and I'm currently learning two more). The youngest children love learning through play and physical activities, so I structure all of their "lessons" through stuff like going on day trips, games and using media they enjoy to encourage them to learn. They particularly enjoy languages, sports and music and I do my best to base it around these kinds of activities to keep them engaged.

As for the teens, I don't have a particular goal other than helping them towards what they themselves want for their futures. I've always told them that it doesn't matter what they want to become, as long as they're working hard, smart and consistently. I encourage them to figure things out for themselves and rather than teaching them specific skills, I work on developing their abilities to think through their experiences and develop their own processes. I don't ever want children and won't ever have any, but I still think kids are great and enjoy supporting my siblings through their parenting journeys.

9. redanxela

redanxela Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously kids are annoying. As someone who won't mind spending the entire day in comfort of my bed and silence, having a little devil hovering around isn't what I will consider fun.

Then I'll have to go through the "showing how disinterested I am, in whatever conversation he was hoping to have" to "subtlety showing I'm getting annoyed of the pestering" then to "finally making it clear I'm annoyed" followed by "about to erupt in anger" to "erupting in anger internally, cause should I really get pissed and shout or whatever, then I'll get a very very long conversation on how bad I am and why I couldn't just sacrifice a little of my time to please the little devil (like what fucking logic is that)" and to the last stage of "finally frustrated and locking myself in for the entire day."

imK likes this.
  10. OurPrinceNiki

OurPrinceNiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Got 2 younger sister, one is 13 and the other is 4. You can say, I got use to them by ignoring both like if they start fighting with each other I just ignored it and continue doing my stuff

imK likes this.
  11. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda recall when I was a 9-year-old girl. Girls' mentality at 9 isn't really that young. They're already thinking about boyfriends, though in more platonic terms. Well, but they are ignorant since they haven't experienced the world much. Lots of curiosity, lots of enthusiasm, easy to get obsessed over stuff and fangirl, follow mainstream singers/bands as long as they're young and pretty, easier to bond and make friendships. I miss that mindset. To me, the annoying age is 0 to 6. I don't want kids myself, but don't mind being an auntie.

imK likes this.
  12. Shalalalala

Shalalalala [One of Red Siblings][⚓]

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh I love babies but not kids. We have quite strict environment even when we were young. Getting punished if we did something wrong. To be exact I didn't do weird stuff and mostly stayed at home. My parents were quite protective and always keeps eye on me.
    I have really some kind of magic. I get along with babies well they also like me and nearly ALLLL babies have slept in my lap and I am good with it. I am good with kids when they are being good I can ignore them but I hate it when they ruin my things TT. They destroyed all of my dvds and cds anyway when kids come here I am just throwing my things in cupboard and locking then up it's frustrating

imK likes this.
  13. Hasty girl

Hasty girl [Holy Novitiate] [Red Sibling] [Blackjack Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I don't particularly hate them but you know some kids just gets on your nerves for example there is my cousin who is like 8 years old and always having the mentality of a 4 to 5 yo child. He calls all the people he has seen including me my parents his aunts etc with the names of cartoon characters (think someone calling you doraemon and parents nobita shizuka etc) then another thing I don't like is that they always say play play and play and they only know some games and if there is a little complicated game you wanna play they don't understand the rules. I mostly like chatting with others about anything or simply sitting in my home reading . Other than that kids are cute and fun to be with. And babies are also extremely cute .(other than when I am taking care of them)

14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I really love children tbh, and it's been my dream to be a mother for pretty much forever~

Honestly, most of the problems people have with children can be solved by actually paying attention to them and actively listening to them... Children aren't dumb. Sure, they're naive and don't have much experience in life, but they aren't dumb. They can listen to you when you talk to them, but you first gotta get their attention... And to get their attention, you need to pay attention to them and listen to what they want to say/do.

There is a lot to being a parent without a doubt and it certainly is not easy, and nobody is perfect at it... But I honestly believe pretty much any "problem child" can have its issues solved by some honest heart-to-heart talk by someone that actively cares for them... Unless they have something like an actual trauma or some real mental problem that is, since those things do throw things out of wack... And even then things can still be managed, it's just a lot harder to do so.

imK likes this.
  15. Kawalan

Kawalan 〚 Don't Stare 〛

Reading List:
    Link
    I like it when they're afraid of me without me doing anything.

16. Chu2

Chu2 Sunshine~

Reading List:
    Link
    Chu wishes Chu could help Ani-chan~

I Ship anything cute likes this.
  17. I Ship anything cute

I Ship anything cute [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    Chu's very existence is of great aid to me so don't worry about it blobmelt_thumbs

18. Chu2

Chu2 Sunshine~

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I Ship anything cute likes this.
  19. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link

:blobpeek:

Seriously though i only know good ol basic method of handling kids... A slap in the face, leather belt and kneeling in the corner....

I grew up where Corporal Punishments is the norm. :blobhero:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  20. Deleted member 309680

Deleted member 309680 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    when i am visiting my grandma and my aunt eat her food. suddenly her baby cry (poop), she put down her plate and change her baby diaper. after wipe her hand she continue to eat like it's nothing.

one day i saw her 2 years baby wrecked my aunt's make up kit.

or when i need to focus study but the baby wailing sound make me want to shout and beat their ass