Art henceforth, my ULTIMATE art thread + timelapse - I'll post all the PCitR art here

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Lokum, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Lokum

Lokum Forum Member Banned

Reading List:
    Link
    Why hello again

No, spring has not come early, but I have descended into madness.

------------------------------------
    I decided I will simply put everything into one place. In this thread, I will post all the PCitR art - all the OC illustrations and novel covers. This is easier, as that way I will be edit all the posts, and I will also not be spamming the Community Creations forum.

Thank you mods for your patience with me
    ヽ( ̄ω ̄( ̄ω ̄〃)ゝ

I will request the previous threads to be locked and I also thank everyone who commented and voted in the polls.
    ------------------------------------
    novel:
    Playing Checkers in the Rain - see here (also, link to Artstation with art breakdown is there as well)
    genres: mystery, action, a bit of gore, a bit of slow-bloom slow-burn romance, sprinkled wit magical realism on top to add the flavor.

Novel cover:
    [​IMG]
    It shows our MC - Gen, reporter - and also includes some important elements of the novel.

Other characters:

Vivian Moore - from Sunlit Press
    [​IMG]

JJ - first appearance chapter 15 - the mom-friend of the group. That's not how she looks usually...
    [​IMG]
    I also applied this one for an art contest. The theme? Best Smile. The title? "Why don't you smile more?"
    and if you think that's going too far, well, at least I didn't submit this one:
    [​IMG]
    and geez, it was tempting....

Back to the characters:

[​IMG]
    (appears in the later chapters:)

[​IMG]
    switch in styles. my first entry for the Best Smile contest. Way before I stopped caring.
    This is Charlie and the Cat.
    The car hasn't made its appearance yet. Charlie appeared in
    Chapter 14

Many others are coming. - many, many others. at least 3 others. 3 is more than 2. so, 3 is many.
    No, ML is yet to be drawn.

Read the old, original post, if you want to have a laugh, see my old covers, and witness my hopes getting broken like a puny twig during a storm.

There’s a good reason why I’m trying to tear myself off from forums this winter, and that is the unhealthy encouraging effect they have on me. Allow me to explain - after “going clean” for a short while and staying away from NUF, I had u n f o r s e e n circumstances leading me to pop by yesterday - a decision which my body regrets.

For I have received words of encouragement yesterday. And they lifted my artistic self up to the vault of the sky, and these very same words then threw me back into the Pit Of Despair I so desperately try to crawl out of.

To put it shortly, I had gained the c o u r a g e, and the r e s o l v e to do what I planned on doing for a while, and that is, redraw the cover for one of my ongoing series.

Now now, don’t be mistaken - the “new” cover you might have heard of yesterday is not the one I’m referring to today. For I, in my boundless zeal for overthrowing the world of storytelling, have taken up the cursed stylus, and pulled a loathly all-nighter.

My sleep, what have I done to you?

I drew for hours, to get t h e c o v e r that your eyes will be blessed or damned to see today

Here it is:
    [​IMG]

SEE ART TIMELAPSE AT THE END OF THE POST

mystery, action, sprinkles of magical realism, slow-burn romance

A worn-out reporter stumbles upon a shocking conversation. Its contents will scandalize the world if uncovered.

With a heart newly-reignited with journalistic passion, she puts her life on the line to deliver the truth to the people.

Where to read: TapRead for now has the most and fastest releases

For a comparison, I’ll add all the previous covers of that novel. You might have seen them as I had previously asked for opinion on them.

[​IMG]
    lasted 1-2 days

[​IMG]
    This one lasted 3 weeks

[​IMG]
    This one was kind of appearing and reappearing. I like the sparkly flowers at the sides, but overall it looks awkward. I actually adapted it from another image of mine that I made for instagram announcements (for new chapter release) , like this[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This one looked good. I liked it. It was on the same footing as published novels on Amazon. I was proud of it, and it also gave off the correct feelings that I wanted PCitR's cover to have.
    issue - it's great for Amazon, but probably not the best for web fiction type of publishing; especially since I also illustrate the novel - the clash of styles is too great.
    But, I liked it.
    [​IMG]
    But, it outlived its purpose.
    All in a single day.
    Why did you do this to me, world

So, here we have it, the 5th cover
    [​IMG]

Like it or not, this cover stays. I spent too much sleep-time drawing it, for it to be discarded as quickly as the previous ones.

For curious to see, and for all desiring to laugh, see my 7 hours of potentially so beautiful (alas, I’ll never know) sleep get condensed into a pitiful 1 min long timelapse.

I like how it turned out, although I almost feel bad for putting such a chill cover of a novel where the protagonist
    gets murdered in the first volume

------------
    NUF - the place of wretchedness. How many more hours of sleep will I end up losing because of your existence?

Nuffians, do not encourage me when I am meant to go to sleep. Do not wish me good night, because I’ll be tempted to respond. Do not acknowledge my existence after I said I’m going to bed.

Goodbye. Pray, that you do not see me on NUF this month. For the sake of my sleep, pray.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Noticing you regularly posting about your works, I can see you are incredibly passionate about your... covers. :blobpeek:

Lokum likes this.
  3. Deleted member 304540

Deleted member 304540 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    You work hard on the cover of your novel. The new cover is very different from earlier ones but I like the sketch style and colors fit well together. Also it goes nicely with the story and the character. Though I still like 2nd cover a lot.

Lokum likes this.
  4. Lokum

Reading List:
    Link
    I did not pull an all-nighter for you to call me out like this, otaku guy.

Yep, the romancy feeling got toned down. aaaand I also like cover n.2 . I guess I like the sky *scratches head*

5. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't take it the wrong way; I was simply expressing awe at your drive for perfection. :blobpeek:

6. Lokum

Reading List:
    Link
    I updated the post.

---
    @otaku31,
    [​IMG] You have jinxed my cover.

7. Deleted member 304540

Deleted member 304540 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    The JJ portrait is very good. I like the monotone colors and the sparkling hair. I'm looking forward to read about the characters in later chapters.