Spoiler Before the Cannon Fodder Eloped

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by DeyDey, Dec 30, 2020.

1. DeyDey

DeyDey An Old-Hearted Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    When she woke up, Ye Ning became the delicate girl who always shed tears in a book. At that time, she eloped with a man and took the compensation money for her father’s accidental death…

According to the plot, the man would get rich with her money and later marry Ms. Perfect, abandoning her. She would then return home only to find out that her sister had long been human trafficked while she was trying to find her.

Unknowingly, because no one had cared for him, her brother became a beggar and died tragically after taking rat poison…

So, Ye Ning hid the compensation money from the scumbag and decisively bought a ticket to go home. She was going to change her younger siblings’ lives along with her own…

Link NU https://www.novelupdates.com/series/before-the-cannon-fodder-eloped/

Can someone give a spoiler about this book? The rating is a bit low but the premise sounds interesting so I want to know about the story first before go MTL.

kawaii12345 likes this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Cuddles You

Cuddles You Eternal East Wind

Reading List:
    Link
  4. MissEnigma128

MissEnigma128 permanent caffeinated oversleeper

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiting for spoilers

5. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Honey02

Honey02 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished this days ago and all I can say is I liked it. I’m now into novels that are set in the 1960s-up so this is totally my cup of tea.

So its a transmigration novel.

• MC’s father died from a mining accident so she got a compensation from the company.
    • Basically she got money so the OriML is trying to lure her to get the money from her hence the “elopement”.
    • But since MC is a transmigrator and knows the story, she escaped and returned to her family (sister/brother).
    • Trying to change the fate of her siblings because in the story the siblings are going to die because of her (Sister looked for her but I think was almost raped thats why she died something like that, I forgot lol and the brother died because of eating the food with rat poison).
    • MC was a highschool student, instead of going to college, she chose to work. I love how real this is because MC didn’t pursue college because according to her “the things she learned in her original world were already returned to her teachers“, I laughed so hard reading that. Its so freakin real unlike other novels were MCs were smart asf even after years they can still remember mathematics formula lol.
    • So she picked up her siblings to live in the town where she worked. After that she resigned the moved to another city to do business with the help of the ML.
    • ML is her childhood sweetheart.
    Just ask what you want to know. Lol

7. awanharu

awanharu New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I spent a day MTL-ing the novel and immediately made an account just to share my 2 cents about the story.

Halfway through the story I started to skim through so some of the things I share might be a bit vague.

The story focuses more about how Ye Ning makes "wise" business decisions and earns money.

Only appears at the beginning and later towards the end.
    In the beginning, it was told that his family went bankrupt or had some trouble. Not sure about the details about this trouble because MTL was hard to read. Important thing to note was how his family situation caused him to ask Original MC to elope with him. In Original timeline, he would exploit MC out of her father's compensation money before ditching her for other girls.

MC transmigrated when the original body was in the process of eloping with OML. They were in the train and she had high fever. Later in the story, it was revealed that OML purposely made the original body to have a fever so she would pass him her passbook and money.

He also refused to give her medicine because he didn't want to lose face by asking around for medicine in the train. This caused her to faint and that's when MC transmigrates. Obviously when MC transmigrates, she dumps his sorry ass immediately. She told him she wanted fresh air when the train stops at the next stop. Meanwhile, she wrote a letter about how she wanted to break up with him and return to take care of her siblings. She passed the letter to a train conductor, left the train and never turned back. OML did not chase after her because he could not return to the town where he met MC. (MC came from a countryside, then moved to a city area to study. It is in the city area that she met OML).

He was never really mentioned again until towards the end of the story. MC confronted him for wanting to exploit her. He did not reply. He was with some other girl when MC confronted him. This girl was not the original MC, just some cannon fodder that was attracted to him. Because of the way he phrases things about MC, Cannon Fodder thought MC was some terrible girl that broke up with a boy the moment he met some trouble. I skimmed a lot at this point so I don't know if he was ever mentioned again.

Mother left the family. Father went to mine and died due to some explosion. The family was given 60,000 for compensation. MC's father broke away from his family because his father (MC's grandpa) married a step wife and MC's grandpa didn't want MC's father to be exploited by the step grandma if MC's grandpa died. But alas, MC's step uncle wanted to steal MC's family plot of land for themselves. They promised to give 20% of the harvest which MC immediately noted was a lie. MC chased them away, sold the family land and then brought younger sis and younger bro to the city where she studied so they could have better education.

MC's step grandma also wanted to marry MC to a fool, but MC face slapped her in front of the villagers and exposed her scheme.

In the end MC and grandpa sign a contract of separation.

She missed the opportunity to go to college and worked in a pharmaceutical factory instead. She was paid quite well. She bought some space in a departmental store, earned rent money and ended up selling it at a high price. She would later start her own clothing business which would become successful.

If you come here for romance, this story isn't it. The story focuses more about how MC earn money and become successful. ML is her childhood older brother figure who she lost contact with. ML moved from the village to study. They kept in touch through letter until ML's mother wrote a letter to ask OMC to stop contacting ML. OMC was described as dodder flower, so she cried and stopped replying. ML found out about MC's father's death and wrote her a letter. MC attached ML's mother letter as a reply instead. ML apologized for his mother, told her his mother had long remarried and is out of his life.

They ended up writing letters to each other. Yes, the entire courtship was through letters. We were not told about the content or exchange as well. The author just said they exchanged letter for a few years. In the end MC moved to the capital where ML is, and within 3 or so chapters since she came to the capital, they make the relationship official. Then the author focuses more about MC's business.

MC transmigrates from the future and criticized the way the people from older generation think. The first thing she did with her siblings when she transmigrates was to separate and divide the 60,000 compensation money between 3 of them. There was a description that literally said she was selfish so she wanted to divide the money because she did not want to share her profits with her siblings. I mean you can say that she changed her siblings' fate and ensure they get education but man, I lost a shed of respect for her when I read that.

Then when MC's sister caution MC for investing in space in departmental store, MC snapped. MC kept criticising sister for being so cautious with money, for not wanting to invest, and how sis will regret in time to come because she refused to spend money. MC kept saying that's why she didn't like how people from the older generation think (wanting to save and be cautious rather than spending the money). At this point I was wondering if this is MC's pov or the author's imposing her own views to the reader and passing it off as MC. Either way, it makes me dislike the MC a lot. Like you shouldn't bring presentism to judge olden way of view??? If you don't understand you shouldn't criticize it.

Honestly I wanted to rant about her so much I made an account. But don't let my view prevents you from reading it.

8. DeyDey

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! May I know if there are some villains or antagonists in the story? And what do you think about MC character? Is she likable?

9. DeyDey

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for your spoilers, Awanharu. You give us a major picture from the story. Well, so MC is not likable?
    Can you tell more about ML's personality?

Wow, what a dedication. :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: Your profile pic looks cute. Did you make it yourself?

elparis likes this.
  10. awanharu

awanharu New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I find MC really hard to like. It was the reason why I started to skim through the story when I reached the halfway mark.
    ML... He took care of MC and her family a lot. At first he was a little apprehensive towards MC as she didn't reply his letters. When he heard MC's father passed, he went to the factory where MC worked to inquire about her. He ended up sending her a box of food, and that's when they started exchanging letters.

When MC moved to the capital where he was, the author mentioned he was already in love with her. He started pursuing her the moment she arrived. MC was also interested in him so they got together within 5 chapters since she moved to the capital. Which I was quite apprehensive about because most of the 'courting' happened when they were exchanging letters which the author did not elaborate. She only explained they exchange letters for a few years so I was like "okay??? You both like each other?? I guess i have to buy it"

ML was supposed to be a teacher but ended up starting a business too. Anyway when MC and ML got together, ML was mostly described as someone who helped MC with her business a lot. So IDK, I think he has area of potential to be a great ML but the author did not do him justice.

I bought the bread at a bakery :blobok:

11. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did the org ml end up after mc confronted him with that cannon fodder girl?

12. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    thx for the spoilers :blobReach:

13. Nicolesmith

Nicolesmith Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers!

They make me sad though. I feel like I have no books I want to read, and I was excited to start this because the translated chapters are well done and had potential. But, then I got to the MTL and the part where she split the money, which upset me.

Based on the spoilers, I'm a bit disappointed with the direction. I wish she got more revenge on OML and that the relationship with ML was better developed.

Venice1 likes this.
  14. nicomcla1995

nicomcla1995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see nothing wrong in separating the family. MC returned back for her siblings due to responsibility/obligation, however she came back. She could have decided to let them rot in the village, send money back (that would inevitably be stolen), wrote a letter to her uncles/aunts to take care of her siblings.

The thing is this (you are returned back to a time where you couldn’t even wear your hair loose, wear skirt, have to be filial to family (even if they are shit) since reputation was the law back then. Of course you would be a little frustrated that once the country loosened up their policies, the sister (who is not of the same generation basically) is giving advice like she knows better. Nobody cannot tell me that when your elder at home would nag you about being careful/you’ll probably fail; when your telling them about putting yourself out there in a relationship or a business venture; that you never got frustrated and said in your head or out loud that you’re from a different generation and time (ma, pa, grandma,etc) so you wouldn’t understand.

So the MC choosing to divide the family at this point or even before makes sense to me cause she would need everyone permission to make business if the money was still joint. And even if she was “selfish” about not wanting to share the profits; it was well within her rights to do so. She already took care of the siblings and split their finances so that there wouldn’t be any misunderstandings. So why does she have to convince (beg/force them) to follow her on her business path to making more money like other MC’s do? Wasting her time while she could be using it to make money.

I respect your opinion and thank you for the spoilers. I just wanted to give my 2 cents on the MC.

I actually enjoy a selfish MC, because most transmigrations are to horrible conditions being the era, family, marriage, in-laws, reputation, children, etc. And the MC has to basically Mr. Clean somebody else’s mess that she shouldn’t have to pay for respectfully.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022