Discussion I'm confused

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by qpzmal, Jan 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qpzmal

qpzmal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was browsing for a novel to read and I usually choose novels with a lot of chapters or are almost completed. But the thing I noticed with a lot of the BG novels (boy girl) is that the translated chapters are way over the number of chapters that there should be in the status of the COO. I'm kind of new to the whole shoujo and josei troupe since I've been reading more of BL, seinen, shounen types of novels, which I realized don't have that problem, so I'm confused. I though that they are just splitting up the chapters a lot and not labeling it on NU, but on their actual websites they don't put 'part one' or anything similar. Please help me.

Hinattaaa likes this.
  2. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not everyone updates it regularly.

3. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    It like in KN they split the chapters and they put their own numbering. There can also be previous translators where the new translators started from scratch.

Vermouth likes this.
  4. Solus

Solus 自分のことお嫌いです

Reading List:
    Link
    Vermouth likes this.
  5. VBS

VBS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The "Status of the COO" field is not automagically updated. It is occasionally edited by us users.

When I find a novel where it hasn't been updated in a while, I hunt down the RAW to check the current progress, and then edit that info here. But I'm just one reader that follows several series and doesn't check RAWs often, so my contribution is small. I don't make a special effort to check these frequently. Most users probably wouldn't even check.
    If the translator of the series isn't keeping that count up to date, there's a good chance that no-one is and that info is several weeks old. Many translators use scripts to automate posting chapters to NU, so they're also unlikely to be making frequent edits to info pages.

If you're willing and able, you can check the count against the RAW yourself and make the edits here if it is outdated.

Astaroth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.