LCD History’s Strongest Senior Brother

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by gauthamc, May 31, 2016.

1. InvincibleDespair

InvincibleDespair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this novel gonna take forever to get completely translated

2. InvincibleDespair

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't Qidian take over this novel?? They already finished the author's another work. The speed of release is just pitiful.

3. lafiel11

lafiel11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just be grateful there are people releasing it

animefan217 and Viola like this.
  4. Basty

Basty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    qidian already take over it and all shit happens is from qidian. also seem like this title is dead again on Flying Lines

5. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Um, what? Care to elaborate?
    I didn't get what you were saying at all besides flying lines killing the novel.

6. Basty

Basty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    qidian ban the team that TL HSSB cos their other works is late, so vola they cant update any. and now HSSB stats in qidian is rock bottom now since they cant update it means no more reader/dead title. and qidian dont care shit to put a team or new team to continuting while FL pick it up at around 9 chaps per month rates but now there no update almost a month.

7. InvincibleDespair

Reading List:
    Link
    well, fuck the majority of the readers. All they want is some cancerous shit with no material.

kennykdogg likes this.
  8. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that I'm almost 3 years behind with my reading, but I'm at c311/312 and need to ask:
    Why did Huang Guanglie let go of the Great Sun Heaven Measuring Ruler and allowing it to be sucked into the black hole? If he needed to free up his hands, why didn't he put it away into his bag of holding?

9. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I am currently rereading the series and have not reread the specific chapter you mentioned so take this with a grain of salt. My understanding is that HSSB does not treat the bag of holding as some convenient dimension which nobody can affect or influence. It's more like an inventory. It lets you easily carry items, but you are still carrying them.

10. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    As supporting evidence, in ch 143 the fragment is pulled out of Lin Zhou's bag of holding due to its attraction towards Yan Zhaoge's. Putting it in a bag doesn't help isolate it.

11. OriginAncestor

OriginAncestor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I didn't really like it, the first 100 chapters where ok but after that it went downhill

12. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't perfectly remember the early chapters, but i do remember the last half of the novel... like 600 - 1000 or so and i really enjoyed it. Pretty sad when it changed TL groups due to Qidan fear.

Someone correct me if i am wrong but around 100 was where the novel sorta dropped the whole i am the side character trying not to piss off the kid with the MC Halo, schtick?

13. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. At a point the MC said he needed to start standing out a bit to prepare his image for the time he'll need to do a big reveal. (I don't know if I've come across the reveal yet.) The "the Hero with plot armor" guy got deranged because the MC kept getting in his way and the author killed him off. There is also "the soul of an old master who possessed the weak Prince's body" guy. The MC kept getting in his way too, but he seemed to have finally accepted it.

14. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. I think Zhaoge killed Ye Jing around ch 40-50. At ch 100, the author lets Broad Creed Mountain and the Sacred Sun Clan enter open hostilities. And Zhaoge has already met his second or third MC.

edit: I remembered wrong. At ch 100, Zhaoge was on his second or third MC, but he was dealing with them simultaneously. And Ye Jing was killed at ch 97, but he was disgraced much earlier. Ye Jing was swatted as early as ch 20 when his body was blown away and he's been on a downward spiral since.

I was correct that ch 100 is when Broad Creed Mountain and the Sacred Sun Clan begin open hostilities.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    Viola likes this.
  15. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yan Zhaoge wasn’t ever afraid of Ye Jing, though. Or of any of the other (fake) MCs. Even in their first “confrontation”, Yan Zhaoge didn’t care about Ye Jing but the elder who was using Ye Jing to try and shame him.

But yeh, all the (fake) MCs are enemies in the end and got taken care of as such.

16. InvincibleDespair

Reading List:
    Link
    How come a Qidian novel is being translated by this group? Is there some contract? Would love to get to see some other dropped Qidian novel picked up by others...

17. Cheepers

Cheepers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe the wrong thread, however needed to ask the community if the later chapters (in the 1000s or later) ever get that spark that differentiated HSSB in the beginning. Or does it just stay as a typically, nicely written, xianxia novel with all the common tropes.

18. Taffyman

Taffyman Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What the hell. I've been reading up to 400 chaps and it's just non-stop:
    *thing happens* > *MC solves thing* > *thing happens*
    I'm getting fatigue just reading it. I am not a huge fan of slice-of-life, but the author should add some pauses for me to take a breath at least, goddamn.