LCD Legend of the Great Saint

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by IRainstorm, May 6, 2017.

1. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The chess game is done, there are no more rules of battle.

Pipipingu likes this.
  2. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    I will agree and disagree.

I will agree with the idea of these four not having skin in the game and that they never got permission from the Marquis.

I will disagree saying that they are doing this to impress the Marquis but by doing this they are giving him more trouble. They don't care about the war but the Marquis does because its his territory. If he didn't want the war to end he wouldn't have given the school permission to trade the watermirror disc. I would say that these gold cores are just letting anger get to their heads and if they did succeed and return they would find out the Marquis wasn't as happy as they thought he would be.

3. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't say that. Plus when it does end it can only go in one of two ways. It can either de-escalate or escalate. The war can either get bigger or smaller and these gold cores don't realize that.

4. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Marquis mostly cares about getting back the territory that Li Qingshan has taken.

As far as the war goes, Clear River is only one of the nine prefectures in his territory so his losses if the war resumes will be low compared to the losses of the people who live there.

Paps likes this.
  5. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes but if it escalates then the war would not be only in Clear river but potentially all of his territory. So he is playing a balancing game of his lake vs his entire territory being in fire. A smart politician, which he should be, would know to finish the war first and then kill the daemon. As long as he restarts the previous rules then the moon demon cannot be above ground or have godly territory. As long as he ends the war first he can use that second reason to remove/kill the moon demon without having to worry about outside interference.

Paps likes this.
  6. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lets hope he is waiting for her cultivation to catch up,or maybe he just forgot about it.
    That is as well, if they screw up it would be their fault for acting on their own, given their status no one will complain, if they succed they will be praised for a work well done, quite brilliant indeed.

7. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    Xuanyue and the Dark Queen showing up should be fun. Hopefully it means North Moon and Xiao An get some real support behind them.

@Pipipingu About the last volume, I would sort of agree. At least with the water god seal popping up out of nowhere and it becoming central to the rest of the volume. Also seemed like mc couldn't take a breather, with demons and cultivators messing with him.

I guess the author had to give the mc a path to advance his cultivation quickly before the war ends and he can't loot wantonly. It beats the alternative of him fighting over lucky chances and stepping on toes endlessly of young masters.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    Pipipingu and Paps like this.
  8. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch. 543. I'm sure all of that happened in the blink of an eye or whatever, but it just felt like the mc stood around doing nothing until it was too late.

9. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was kind of touching that Xio An finally remembered her past and the decision she made, I still think this is a missing oportunity for them to get themselves some backing.

10. CruelOcean

CruelOcean Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know, I kind of expected a more dramatic turn of events when she finally finds her 'mom' (I don't mean Xiao An going with her, but staying with the MC) It just felt rather quick for me for them to just look at each other and then for An to go 'ew' and return to MC's side.
    It's still a development I expected but it didn't go in the way I expected it. In the end they reached the same expected end I guess... nonetheless, I want to see some interactions with the Moon cat girl dayum:oops: maybe even some lewdhandholding event with her:X3:

Paps likes this.
  11. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm expecting a more substantial interaction after the battle. Hopefully, something interesting comes out of it.

12. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mc will devoure that naugthy kitty if e ever gets a chance, now how the volume ended DAMN some major drama, betrayel and figths is incoming.
    The ending of the volume makes it seems like things will get more interesting, posible allys just migth turn into deadly enemys.

13. CruelOcean

CruelOcean Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So... no moon cat interaction, bad move from the author, sad:(
    The Lolth relationship was satisfying nonetheless, so good move from the author, happy:p

I had a good laugh at the strategy from our School of Novels bros turning into dead logs. (hoping for An's mother to either end up dead in MC's or her own daughter hand. That woman is evil, the bad kind of evil and it seemed as if she saw An's as her possession even if she let her die and end up at a random witch's wrinkly hands)

Still, I did not understand one thing, what happened with the little carp that turned into a demon or something, did the MC kill it? why tho...

Paps and Haiku575 like this.
  14. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    The fish he killed was just part of the formation around the school. That fish you're talking about should still be in the lake derping around.

Also, there has to be something bigger going on for Xiao An to have eventually fallen into the hands of that weak witch. Maybe that sect master did it? Or that Light lady who called her sister. Definitely some conspiracy going on.

The Hungry Ghost realm wanting to use that sect to kill Xiao An, put's her mother in a awkward position. Though I'm sure she'll just take the benefits and undermine them somehow. Though she should still benefit if the world became like the hungry ghost realm, it wouldn't affect her or xiao an.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  15. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt she let her die, it feels like Xioa An was kidnapped, killed and her spirit bounded to the witch, heck the diviner had been trying to scry her location at the command of the queen.

16. Sairony

Sairony Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got the impression that the sect master for some reason did it, and that her mother were in on it, but not probably not willfully.

As for the current arch, I hope the buddha sect becomes long time allies, but there's some hints which points otherwise.

17. CruelOcean

CruelOcean Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lady bird gonna regret rejecting our boy like that... Also, getting bad vibes from the Annhilium sect >.>

18. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is a possibility, recall how Feng Buquan the guy who tried to divine Xiao An's fate when she first disappeared suffered horrible backlash. He went blind in one eye, limp in one leg, and became hunched back. They also said that sometimes the injuries can be way worse, they can become completely crippled, lose their minds, or even die.

Well I think the Witch Lady was the other diviner that tried to block Feng Buquan when he was trying to divine Xiao An, and that she actually came off way worse in the exchange. Basically she was a originally quite powerful (at least powerful enough to kidnap Xiao An) but the backlash left her retched and crippled, possibly insane too.

Haiku575 and Paps like this.
  19. Aeliel

Aeliel Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In a way, she didn't really reject him, she just knows that if she goes into a relationship with him, she'll eventually drag him down and/or be left behind. It's like what's happening right now with Qiongzhi, except that unlike her, she knows Qingshan's secret identity and also how valuable his phoenix bloodline is.

Basically, right now, only Xiao An has a chance of standing by his side until the end.

Goblin Sleuth and Paps like this.
  20. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the Dark Queen was in the kidnapping event, why sped her resources in skrying her whereabouts or entering the depression period she did. I think that there was ascheme to weaken her and eliminate a posible advantage her faction could have in the province with the appearence of a genious like Xio An as her daugther.
    Thats quite the great hypotesis, you migth be rigth about it, it would explain how she managed to get Xio An spirit and be defeated by MC at the same time.
    Just to add to your great replay that she is also avoiding any lingering feeling in case she is the one leaving him behind, she is sparing herself the troubles of love and romantic attachment overall.

Goblin Sleuth likes this.