Recommendations (BL) Insecure/Unwell Gong Seme Top Danmei

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by KeyLyme, Jan 12, 2021.

1. KeyLyme

KeyLyme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rant ----- Honestly I just like equality and want to read something where they love each other. The reason I switched to reading bl and barely read/watch anything with prominent hetero romance is because gender roles annoy me in the sense that I feel like even if the FL falls for the ML first, the ML does everything for the FL and there is no real reciprocation. However its basically the exact same freaking thing with the the FL being replaced by someone with male genitalia.
    Ok sorry rant done, feel free to ignore, my actual request is below.

I would like a recommendation for an insecure top or a physically disabled (chronic illness or extreme physical weakness counts) gong. I really enjoyed reading My Husband is Suffering from a Terminal Illness and Death Progress Bar. In both MLs were powerful men but they were both gentle and had actual interests, goals, and proper relationships (friends/family) outside the MC. Additionally as they were ill, it was nice to see the MCs take care of them and use their capabilities to assist the MLs and not just themselves only receiving help. I also read After I Got Married, Those Who Betrayed Me Were Reborn, although the ML wasn't really that gentle to begin with, the Omega MC falls in love with him first and shows him love although the ML is insecure about his disfigured face.

Not really into them having mental illness as everything I've seen just ended in authors making their violent and possessive tendencies more exaggerated. I tried reading Puffed-up after Giving Birth to a Wealthy Man’s Heir where the ML has dissociative identity disorder and his alter personality is violent and aggressive, I'm sure it gets better with the MC's help or something but it wasn't my cup of tea (might be cause mpreg is also not my thing). I really liked Those Years in Quest of Honor Mine even though the ML was mentally unwell, but that's probably because smol YuZiyou was such a good boi and the MC and ML already knew each before he was affected.

Really just looking for equal couples and absolutely NO tsundere Shous. Tsundere Gongs are ok though, they cute.

Oh yea it doesn't have to be translated as I'm trying to learn Mandarin so reading raws help, on that note any good untranslated switch couples are also welcome

2. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jordan06, applebeans and Blood A like this.
  3. Illisaide

Illisaide ╰(✧∇✧╰) Venti!~

Reading List:
    Link
    Transmigrated Into a Big Boss to Snatch Away the Cannon Fodder! It’s even complete! Ah, MC is the shou. MC is the shou. MC is the shou. No matter how domineering CEO he is, no matter how much others describe him as tyrant, he’s the shou.

Maybe The Disabled Tyrant’s Pet Palm Fish? Or I Just Want to Be in a Relationship?

judeiiro and Blood A like this.
  4. Kekate

Kekate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interstellar power couple has MC and ML pretty equal. The very beginning the MC is at a disadvantage but it’s just to set the premise of the story/how they met.

Blood A likes this.
  5. Rogel17

Rogel17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can anyone teach me how to filter everything that shows bl? i dont wanna see it.

Blood A likes this.
  6. Kodiak

Kodiak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I recall correctly, you click on the box for shounen ai and yaoi, then click a second time. It should have a red X and exclude bl content.

7. Killgore

Killgore Barely existing

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to release filtering which will be somewhere on the right. then click twice to get a red cross on Yaoi and Shounen- ai, then you will not see BL in your releases

8. Killgore

Killgore Barely existing

Reading List:
    Link
    TaffyGirl13 and Blood A like this.
  9. KeyLyme

Reading List:
    Link
    If youre talking about in series someone already explained it.

If youre talking about forums then just don't click the fucking topic, we r all considerate enough to put BL in the title just for annoying people.

IceLight303 and endel like this.
  10. KeyLyme

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read the first one! It was a pretty amusing read with the rebirth timelines getting messed up haha.

Aww was gonna add the fish one to my list but completely forgot about it, thank you.

3rd story looks pretty cute I'll check it out. Thank you for replying :sushi_thankyou::sushi_cool:

Blood A likes this.
  11. KeyLyme

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for responding! :sushi_singing:

Haha I have seen transmigrated into a big boss before and it looks amusing but is the MC a tsundere(in love not in work) who get pursued by the younger ML? Thats kind of the vibe I got from the summary.

I read Just want a relationship and you guys have reminded me to go start reading Pet Palm Fish. Rolling off to read it~ :sushi_dead:

Illisaide and Blood A like this.
  12. KeyLyme

Reading List:
    Link
    Mpreg is not really my thing but if its not prominent in the main storyline, and the review I've seen of it said its most about typical face slapping so I don't I'll read the raws atm I may check it out after its translated a bit more though!

Thank you for the response :aww:

13. KeyLyme

Reading List:
    Link
    I completely forgot about Pet Palm Fish until you guys reminded me.:sushi_sorry: Will def read that.

I've read everything else (I absolutely love Golden Stage) except Film Emperor Asks for Divorce (not into mpreg) and Very Happy, I'm not but from the summary it seemed kind of, nonsensical? A bit like that isn't any real plot, I could be wrong though.

Thank you for responding :sushi_thankyou::bloblove:

14. Killgore

Killgore Barely existing

Reading List:
    Link
    Very Happy is basically a slice of life about how the MC becomes a famous actor and how he helps the ML as friends which then turns into the ML slowly pampering him and them finally getting together later on. Its a slow romance - about 100 - 120 chapters and they get together at Chap 97 I think. Like you said, there is not much of a plot but I would recommend it to someone who just wants a good ol fluffy novel which is written well, has good characters and just overall makes you feel warm.

Devil Heart and KeyLyme like this.
  15. c.decora

c.decora Holy Cardinal, Ascended Mouse

Reading List:
    Link
  16. aelin12

aelin12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Number one zombie wife
    Agreement on being gay for 30 days
    Reborn with an old enemy on the day of our marriage
    100 k volts electrocute you to death
    investment life
    Don't discriminate against species
    Death progress bar

17. Leisheng

Leisheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This omega is immune to all abilities
    The first thing that came to mind after i read your request!

Blood A likes this.
  18. Mosstree

Mosstree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Illisaide

Illisaide ╰(✧∇✧╰) Venti!~

Reading List:
    Link
    No he’s not a tsundere (I don’t think there are any tsunderes in this story). He’s a domineering CEO! Who enthusiastically pursues his gong like a queen. I’d more describe him as a derpy hyped-up husky than a tsundere cat.
    MC started his pursuit since chapter 1 (no accident there). The ML didn’t even start to like the MC until halfway through the story. BTW the ML is seriously cute. He actually blushed the first time he held hands with the MC. Started out as an innocent naive puppy, became a seductive fox, then a black-bellied wolf to eat up our willing MC.

Blood A likes this.
  20. Killgore

Killgore Barely existing

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the After I got Married, Those who betrayed me were reborn after seeing your post and I loved it! Gonna read The other 2 novels now.