Picked Up The Duchess of the Attic

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by summer-162, May 20, 2019.

1. SilverSoul1

SilverSoul1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes...

Misscandies likes this.
  2. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Stella is probably rotting somewhere after getting herself kicked out of the Duchy. The most amazing thing is the possessiveness she showed for the man, he only viewed her as his sister!! Hahahaha jokes on you Stellapoop

3. Misha432

Misha432 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What was the truth behind assult case? Did someone plan it.like it was her garden.did they find culprit?

4. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually hate stella more than the man-child duke.

She's totally playing victim and manipulative.

The duke was an idiot, i could punch the soul out of him but I rather test my patience with an idiot than a really malicious btch.

The idiot can be smack but this poor sickly girl would cry out in front of me, igniting my desire to kill, but I would have to hold out since I cannot fight physically in a psychological battle.

In my opinion, at least the duke sincerely thinks of her as a family. I actually understand his protectiveness as a sudden contract wife was targetting his 'only' family when the marriage didn't offer feelings at all.

Sadly, it was Stella who was ambitious. She really treats herself as the mistress and even the servants are no good.

Technically, the duke just have a stunted growth being taken advantage of. He was isolated, blinded, and off to his fairy land. It's actually kinda sad, no wonder he's so cranky. He really never grew up pass his parents death.

Idk if the idiotic duke was even able to think that if he really want Stella to legally stay, he should have adopted her to give her the right status as his 'sister'. This way, she won't be an issue at all. Tho I would also think Stella wouldn't let that happen anyway.

5. yoshee

yoshee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently the attack isn't something like meticulously planned against her, the guy behind it seriously just has some problems (I think it was just bad luck that mc was alone in the garden and he probably saw her so he went on and attacked her). It's a good thing it was stopped before he managed to actually r@pe her otherwise mc would have ended up pregnant along with his several other victims including Beth, the maid. He gets caught eventually (not sure how it plays out since I haven't read the novel) tho I don't know exactly what sort of punishment he got.

bleedingliar24 and engengeng19 like this.
  6. chorong_ssi

chorong_ssi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for this! Omg this is way too helpful! Maybe in about 5 years the manga will be finished and we could all read it cross fingers.

I only came here to see that she doesn't end up with that spineless bastard of a husband even tho they're married already and hoping she ends up with Claude, since it feels weird that they inserted how she's in love with him. I mean they won't include that if they don't plan making anything happen right?? So I was hopeful and was glad to check out the thread.

And we get this type of spoiler! Really, thanks!

bleedingliar24 likes this.
  7. Ocefossa

Ocefossa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your welcome. We're lucky this novel was actually finished so spoilers like this can provide insight into the novel.

*Like a better hook and summary/free advertising for the author. (*Yo companies, make the media more accessible to us international customers! We actually want to reward the author's hard work you know?)

Unfortunately most light novels have impossible MTLs, are stuck behind a paywall that is hard to navigate, or incomplete (* the most common unfortunately).

I liked this enough to slog through the mtl, believe me it was NOT fun at all.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  8. chorong_ssi

chorong_ssi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for your hard work! I appreciate you a lot! ‍

9. the_TRASH

the_TRASH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a better ending than I expected.

10. Luxie_Spades

Luxie_Spades Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hoorah! For Duke not being ML.

engengeng19 and Mikaa like this.
  11. Jesicagozali

Jesicagozali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG i keep on opening this spoiler page whenever there's new update. Seriously, the Duke is total dumbass

DOHere likes this.
  12. Luxie_Spades

Luxie_Spades Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my mind I always say no to spoilers...
    But my heart says otherwise...

Jesicagozali likes this.
  13. DarkBlueOcean

DarkBlueOcean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hubert had his chances but screwed up every single one of them. Opal/Pearl was his 'wife' but she was reduced to 'guardian' and 'babysitter'. Not to mention, every time Hubert screwed up, there was always a part of Pearl that kept thinking,"If it was Claude, he would've done better."

MAN, I LOVE IT WHEN THE KIND AND RESPONSIBLE GUY BEATS THE MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KUDOS TO CLAUDE!!!!!!!!KUDOS TO OPAL!!!!!!!KUDOS TO AUTHOR!!!!!!!!
    (Ranting of my brain from too many cliché novels and trashy male leads)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  14. peach.pudin

peach.pudin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    actually a good ending, but I was hoping the fake ass bitch got a worse ending, same goes to the duke but he got it worse than the other bitch.

Lucy scarlet likes this.
  15. Nukuchan

Nukuchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OK so in the Manga (as this is all I have read or this) it sort of hints that Stella was faking or at least playing up her illness. Is this true? I assume not as no one has mentioned it yet.

16. Ocefossa

Reading List:
    Link
    No, she really is crippled. It's just not as badly as she's playing it up.

They are using an old physician the Duke "trusts without a doubt" because he was the family doctor for years. (You know, Hubert's theme before Opal slaps him with reality)

He (the doctor) uses comparatively old school medicine to treat Stella and is not up to date, like 1800's blood letting vs 20th century thermometer/penicillin kind of thing.

Turns out he over charges all (scams) of his rich customers, specifically Hubert, and uses that as his justification for giving free medical to poor and unimportant people. It just highlights more of Hubert's naivete and incompetence.

Zepelim, maenochka, Nukuchan and 3 others like this.
  17. Ocefossa

Reading List:
    Link
    Going from memory, after the trial he was stripped of his title and lands. I don't remember if he got time or not. I do remember that Opal got his assets commuted to child support for all of his victims and children. It helped that she also created a home for unwed/single mothers and they now have a support network. Most of them were victims so all of them were compensated around the same time and could live decently.

On a side note, Beth (the arrogant head maid...who also got kicked out of the household by Hubert for being pregnant (and of course all the social implications and rumors generated from having someone in her situation in the house)) also lived with the rest of the other women and facing reality daily, as an unemployed, disreputable unmarried woman with a child.

18. Nukuchan

Nukuchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so much for the spoiler and the e tra info on the doctor it's much appreciated

19. MissEva

MissEva Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it looks like a fine story, decent ending, mostly because she divorced her husband and Married her friend.
    But will I read it? No
    I've read 3 chapters and I can feel my blood pressure rising beyond control

SomebodyLost likes this.
  20. RedsBlue

RedsBlue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

thanks. I don't know why but I got to the end of the manga and was like.. can't stand heburt and wouldn't keep reading even though for the most part I like the girl. something about him was such a turn off. He shaded the whole story with his........worthlessness weither he was a lead or not a lead. he was so gross the story turn like goo for me. thank you for the spoiler.

chamchaworld likes this.