Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Powerscaling the gods became more difficult with the introduction of the concept of trinity. Gods of heaven also need it to exert absolute power according to Amoract. When trying to estimate whether Zeratul could defeat Hayate, we'll have to use with trinity and without trinity as different contexts for battle. According to chapter 1367, gods are at their best in heaven just like how great demons are at their best in hell. My guess would be Hayate can defeat Zeratul on the ground without trinity but he might eventually lose in a death battle against Zeratul with the trinity boost in Heaven (at the very least he would fail to defeat him). I don't know what to think about the in-between scenarios like Zeratul with trinity against Hayate on the ground. Also, Chiyou's "one god" title makes him all the more respectable now in powerscaling. Though I wonder how Rebecca would fare against an adult dragon without trinity. The latter would probably win in a fight. Otherwise, absolute gods would be seriously overpowered. This might also mean that Yatan is stronger than base Rebecca.

I can see where you're coming from but your vision contradicts with what Satisfy showed us so far. For example, defying/harming Garam resulted with Grid becoming a criminal in the entire Eastern Continent (even if Grid didn't save Seogbong in a quest the end result would be the same for disobeying/harming Garam). Zikfrector and his subordinates have to deal with duke level followers every day. In chapter 266, Grid was reluctant to attack Pascal because he wanted to avoid Rebecca's curse. "[Goddess’ Curse] The unlucky stat will be generated". All of these are consequences that go beyond a bit of experience. Seriously pissing these beings should have even greater consequences. Imagine if Grid decided to hold a picnic for every overgeared member in front of Trauka's lair. Surely the consequences would not be over with slightly reduced xp and a few dropped items. The kingdom would be destroyed. Otherwise, you could always ask Braham to teleport you one way into the lair and then borrow Braham's mental world skill to steal Trauka's golds and pentuple the Kingdom's budget. Of course death of Grid's allies is a really heavy burden but, Grid faced few consequences for his actions. Losing Dominion's and Judar's blessing is a starting point but it should be the bare minimum. He wasn't cursed by either gods as he would have been if he had chosen Taren's side in the 7 malignant saints quest. So even if you think everyone Grid likes should be completely out of harm's way, you should still agree that Grid should face greater hurdles.

On another note, I don't know what to think about the central role of humanity in Satisfy. I don't know why the gods care only about humans. For example, I don't see why Orcs shouldn't deify Zeratul or Dominion. Demonkin in hell also resemble humans in many aspects. The Evil Eye King's desire was seeing the world again, inhabitants of the 32nd hell farm... So why don't their desires create more gods. I'd add that using coercion rarely gets "true" worship. Then why isn't Yatan/great demons weaker since they're scary beings and I doubt they'd tolerate the worship of other gods in Hell? Maybe Yatan also uses a story where he protects demonkins from the genocidal Rebecca.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    FonsyMN and zerol1 like this.
  2. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yatan get divinity from the human that worship him on the west continent and every conscious being on the purified hells so my theory is hell is divided on 2 factions yatan faction and Baal faction, yeah so far Baal faction do not look but they just mess up yatan group to have fun, and the god yatan is just sleeping but is strong enough to give baal and any demon that try to mess up with his divinity source and god scare ( ence the purified hells are off limits for the demonkind to control)

Now what I really want to see is now is grid and jishuka relationship, jishuka is clearly more infuriated and love grid more than yura but the author just gave her an handicap so grid would be with yura(the debt for the bow) and now it just feels like he whant to take her out of the game behind the scenes, I don't think anyone would be mad if the author gave an few chapters/parts or chapter to work this and give us readers an good closure to her or something like going out with her one weekend and another with yura because those 2 work it out right now that is Killing me more that 10th demon being all mouth no action

3. Feanor

Feanor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    According to history, we have several primordial beings - 3 Gods (Rebecca, Hanul, Yatan), Dragons, Baal and the World Tree.
    It turns out that Baal is the basis of all demons, because Yatan, although "evil", is a god.
    The World Tree was planted by Rebecca, but not created, so the elementals obey the laws of the gods (but can free themselves). It also turns out that elves are firstborn.

Also I think that Chiyu's power is greater than the other 3 absolute gods. Since he is called the only "one" and Hanul was able to settle in the eastern continent as he received his protection.

zerol1 likes this.
  4. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah Baal was the first demon already born on the abyss and he do not follow yatan just look for fun even if it means going against yatan on an indirect way( 100% would be killed by yatan).

The world tree should be from an world before I have the theory that Rebecca, hannul and yatan are gods from an dead world that would explain the meteorite metal and the world tree.

Dragons look like primordial beings similar to gods but born from the will of the universe at least the original dragons

Chiyou is an pure god born from wishes of strength (ence he is born with power to back it up) and he can beat 1 vs 1 hanul but we don't know about yatan or Rebecca, most likely yatan should be the strongest one of the 3 and Rebecca should be the highest survival one if we go by their blessings.

My take is an trio on Asgard works because all Asgard is based on 3 because Rebecca made it all based on herself and after it was all done hannul got greedy

FonsyMN likes this.
  5. GridGridGrud

GridGridGrud 《Dao of Reading:3rd Stage》

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on me..
    @___3_____5_1_1

Leraj used his hands to receive the 5fusion dance of Grid(That's what I understood)

Leraj: Fight me again! This time only with his swordsmanship

He used political means to solidy his position
    He implied that Grid cheated because he used a different swordsmanship..

This caused many demons to criticized Grid.

Grid accepted the 2nd battle because of the reward.
    *After the activiation of God's Command(4times I think, 2x on 100k blockade sword ,100K Army ...then 1x on 200K Crushing Sword..I might miss the number of activation times but the point is ,Grid got extremely lucky**(This part cracked me up)

By the way,many demons died..
    *Leraj got wounded*
    Leraj: You tricked me! You were the teacher of the Undefeated King !!Even he can't use his swordsmanship continuously.

This match is void!

Grid: I got lucky..

This time,Leraj didnt fool the demons..
    __
    The reward for the 1st battle is a contract with Leraj..

You must not spread the result of the battle.In return ,Leraj would be favorable to you(My understanding))

The reward for the 2nd battle is an access to the treasury of Leraj.
    €__
    Leraje have thick skin..

He blocked Grid's attack using his bare skin..

I cant explain it clearly but he can use mucus or I guess it must be 'membrane'..It must be a physical skill because the Magic Contemplation didnt activate.
    ___
    Lastly, he didnt mentioned to his followers that he fought the deathknight Madra,they mustve thought that he fought the alive one.

Truly a bastard!

__
    If only Madra became a soul then we would have his moments with Grid too,like the Braham scenes.

Madra: Yes!Kill those half-gods by using my Swordsmanship!

Meet God slay God,
    Meet Dragon slay Dragon.
    Meet Devil slay Devil,meet Angels slay Angels.

aqua55, zerol1, Lmaster and 7 others like this.
  6. RedTower

RedTower Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He gave the key pack to Coke or Resh, forgot which one.

7. Ainz913

Ainz913 [Refining Heaven Demon Venerable's Inheritor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the struggle trait of leraje is the more he wins the more power henlose but if he lose henwill be weakened. It was more like a weakened version of the job trait of undefeated king's descendant quest where you lost itnif you lose.

8. LordDanny

LordDanny 《Duke of Chaos》

Reading List:
    Link
    Read those Chapters again. Especially the Chapter 1066. Throughout the Grid VS Limit Battle, the [Magic Key Pack] was with Grid, not anyone else. Additionally, he didn't even have the time to transfer the Key Package to anyone else because Limit was simply very strong and Skillful. Grid may be very good against Named Bosses, but Named NPCs have better Control, so Grid may suffer at certain times when he isn't well prepared.

Well, you can also confirm this situation on the Overgeared Wiki.

9. TheDarkBreaker

TheDarkBreaker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like you missed it in chapter 1066:

10. LordDanny

Reading List:
    Link
    So this might have caused confusion:
    Sorry for the confusion. I understood 'He' as Grid instead of Coke.

11. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We already have sticks decoding it from from the orb so most likely grid won't get something like that ... Maybe an new dance?

But what I really care more than the treasury is jishuka man how the author will treat her is killing me she don't deserve to be treated so badly by the author because he whant yura end it feels inorganic how much he is stacking against her while also giving adventage to yura at the same time

My Love to grid ranking:
    Braham>khan>ruby>irene>hexteria>piaro>Mercedes>jishuka>yura>sticks>basara>>>>the rest

Btw I don't rank love only as an interest but as strength of the possitive feeling for him

12. LordDanny

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, I know that Sticks has that task but I am obsessed with Pagma and Madra, just like JHL is obsessed with Reality Checks and Negative Things to make the story Dark to a certain Level.

Sidenote: Braham is pretty much involved with the Great Demons and Evil God Yatan. Lich Galgunos is Subordinate of a Great Demon, maybe Baal. Braham also knows some Necromancy and he is the Legendary Great Magician who is also very knowledgeable about the Magic Artifacts. He can equip the [Gulgunos' Orb] because of his Class Effect easily. He is also very research oriented person, unlike Sticks who looks like a theoretical person to me. So Braham is the better person, according to me, if Grid wants to know that Undead Language sooner that is.

I have always gone for the Harem for Grid whether in real life or in game life. I don't know how it is possible, but let us wait and see.

Sidenote: The Girls in Overgeared are not as annoying as in many other series.

Gymgym and zerol1 like this.
  13. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup braham can equip it but for good or bad sticks is still better form the job, while braham is an genius in everything magic related sticks is better on areas like lenguaje if braham get the job it would take more. The lenguaje used by galgunos orb do not mean it is from galgunos himself but an ancient dead lenguaje that braham himself may not know. But if there is any chance of seeing it faster author should just bless us already.

Btw I am also an Madra's fanboy and I whant more of him, hell I wish once the book gets translated in the end grid see Madra's in soulsform and get an training session 1 on 1 for inheriting Madra's true skill it would be glorious.

Yeah I also root for harem ending but so far the author is also shying himself from doing the needed steps for it, hell the last we saw from jishuka still haunts me because how the author did it ... If I see jishuka giving up i Will say it here

Pd: grid harem should be Irene, Mercedes, Yura, Jishuka, han sua and maybe Rebecca for fun?

Gymgym and LordDanny like this.
  14. blaisemNU

blaisemNU Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder where Baal ranks in terms of power level. Like a minor god, an absolute like Hayate, or just under the trinity?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  15. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Baal combines the power of named npcs (developed skills) and boss monsters (enormous health). In fact, he has strong summons (the guy didn't bat an eye after losing the death knight of former legends including Madra), amazing swordsmanship skills and very high levels of magical power. In fact, according to Saharan Empire's classification, Baal would count as a grandmaster. Just like how Braham mastered the use of mana, Baal has control of demonic energy and in hell, he is provided with it continuously. Baal also has weapons made for him by Hexetia and he has his item copying skill making him one of the most overgeared characters in the series.

On the ground, he'd probably be equal to or stronger than Hayate (my guess is equal and ToW can hunt him). We have no idea about how powerful his summons are. If he has acquired a skeletal dragon in the past, that can easily be a game changer. If he can casually use Bentao (who hunted the seven malignant saints, a group that rebelled against Asgard ffs) that can also win him the battle. Hayate's dragon based items and moonlight iron weapons can also be copied by Baal. This means that if Hayate uses moonlight iron weapon on him, Baal can also use it to nullify Hayate's status as an absolute. His skills are likely below Hayate's even if Hayate's dragon killing swordsmanship is still incomplete (as stated in c.1224). He could have probably soloed Gujel or the green dragon that Hayate killed by himself as well though not sure if he could kill the dragons or seal them. He's probably slightly stronger than Marie Rose as well. While Marie Rose's innate strength may be equal to Baal's or greater than his on the ground (where MArie Rose doesn't suffer penalties like Baal does), he has multiple summons and is overgeared. The effectiveness of Hexetia's weapons was shown when Grid one-shotted an archangel with just kill. He's definitely weaker than Madra's potential absolute form though. This means that he isn't stronger than all absolutes. If Zikfrector becomes a god-slayer, he might be able to solo Baal on the ground.

Baal is stronger than intermediate gods. Here's a quote from C.1270: "Of course, the power of the higher ranked demons might be stronger than some intermediate ranked gods". Hexetia had to go to Baal to destroy the humanity in Pagma's time. While it was a weakened undeified Hexetia, I doubt he could defeat Baal. By contrast, if deified absolute gods are comparable to healthy adult dragons then, Baal is also slightly weaker than them. I don't know the extent of penalties for gods in hell but it's not impossible for him to be equal to or stronger than even Hanul or Rebecca in hell. If gods can't be at 100% on the ground, hell is particularly disadvantageous for them. It reduces the effectiveness of healing and divine attribute skills. Hell's influence should be enough to more than offset powerscaling facts like "slightly weaker". Zeratul's power is still unknown. Dantalian could use all skills humans could use but it had the constraint of needing hold/read the miracle field book (like Chrollo Lucilfer from hxh). Since Zeratul actively searches Muller's techniques, he definitely can't do that. Without trinity, he's probably weaker than Hayate on the ground and hell so he'd most likely lose to Baal. With trinity, his current power is below Chiyou but that's all we know about him.
    Edit: Just as Hanul's son Sobyeol is the second most powerful person in Hwan Kingdom, Baal is also the second most powerful person in Yatan's faction. He is also referred to as "child of evil god Yatan (C. 1270)" and thus he might have power comparable to the number 2 guy in Asgard and Hwan Kingdom.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    blaisemNU likes this.
  16. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [The heavenly gods are angry with you.]

[There is a complicated emotion in the gaze of Goddess Rebecca, who is looking at you for harming the archangels.]
    Ok Rebecca action is really weird, an what do you think that gaze on her means?

Pd: we have new chapter later?

Muteki Reader likes this.
  17. Sarna

Sarna New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The bet was to use only atack skills of undefeated king swordmanship. God's Command’ doesn't count, as it is a pasive skill

18. GridGridGrud

GridGridGrud 《Dao of Reading:3rd Stage》

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on me..
    __
    The spoiler is short because ...

nvm, you'll understand it later
    ___
    Grid choosed a book in the treasury..

Perhaps,journal is the correct term...

It a book from the Berhen Archipelago..

Yes , it is connected to Madra

it contains a glimpse of Madra's swordsmanship but with Leraj perspective...

Lerja is even embarrrassed to show this book to Grid but he gave it nonetheless(why?because he lost)
    The reason why Grid cant read the diary of Madra is that some details were omitted or censored...
    (That's my understanding..I might be wrong)
    Leraj omitted the result of the match because he lost..

((
    __
    What if ,Madra used 400k or 500k Swordsmanahip to finish off Leraj?

I doubt that 300K swordsmanship is enough

And the reason why Madra was weakened was because he used 500k on his match with Leraj

P.s. just correct me if I missed something on the Berhen arc