Spoiler My Wife is back

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Deleted member 262282, Oct 3, 2020.

1. emilyfxv

emilyfxv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it's romance. The story and the characters are mature, not much silliness or bashfulness there. It's on the serious side and not one you can classify as rom-com, but it's an indulgent and entertaining read. That is, if you're looking for a love story where the main characters appear cold or are holding back but are actually harboring deep feelings toward the other. The family and business complications may be a little convoluted, and at times, too convenient for the plot. I personally didn't mind it because I like the characterization.

I only wished the novel is available in english. I am tempted to machine-translate it for my own pleasure, but I know the error in auto-translate will bother me, and I'll end up fixing and rewriting stuff, which will take up too much time. If I don't get over my obsession with it soon, I might.

Ceilo27, Khadz, anina and 4 others like this.
  2. emilyfxv

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it has your usual happy ending.

3. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    God, does that mean this novel is raw? I can't read asian languages. Then I have to wait for an english translation.:blobpensive:

4. emilyfxv

Reading List:
    Link
    The webtoon is available in english and is ongoing. I think it is currently at Chapter 15 at tapas.io.
    I was actually talking about the novel in my posts. It's already completed and is unfortunately in Korean language. The webtoon adaptation has been faithful to the original text so far, although of course the novel offers greater insight into the minds and reactions of the characters.

5. Tt123

Tt123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why MC get divorced in the first place? Im still kinda confuse about this.

6. Aka Bittu

Aka Bittu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hey if u can tell at which chapter might the manhwa might end till now there is till chapter 56 in newtoki the fl went to live with ml after and they will share bed together not doing sex and the next day till there is the manhwa can u guess how many chapter are to come

7. emilyfxv

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, in the novel, that part is in Chapter 15 of the second book. There are only two books, and the second one has 18 chapters, 1 epilogue and 2 supplementary stories -- a total of 21 chapters. That leaves us with 6 more chapters to go in the novel; I can't say how that will translate in the manhwa, but that's certainly more than halfway through already.

I may have missed a thing or two related to business, but plot-wise, the raw manhwa still have to deal with:
    -the issue with Yu-rae's family (something about her psychopath stepbrother);
    -their relationship becoming a blind item, and Pilo's contract with the department store;
    -Muwon's father's health
    -Yurae's pregnancy and Muwon's corresponding fears because of his mother's death

RakaSarkar, saphhh, Ceilo27 and 10 others like this.
  8. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course I'm not a fan of web toons. I like the novel, because when we read it we can create our own imagination. Webtoon can't do it better.

But don’t worry, I will stick to your spoilers. If you find an English translation please don't forget to send it to me.(y)

emilyfxv likes this.
  9. emilyfxv

Reading List:
    Link
    I may be off mark about this because I couldn't translate that part well. Korean family designations, honorifics, and dynamics are lost on me, and I find the business side of this story veering to the improbable.
    From what I understand, Yurae is the illegitimate daughter of a prominent businessman, but she was raised in a simple life by her mother. When she was young, her mother sent her off to live with her father and his family, who then sent her to study in Parsons, a university in the US. When she graduated, they imposed the marriage on her. It was a business arrangement: Muwon's corporation will boost Yurae's family's business which was in trouble. For Muwon, the marriage will secure his status as his family's main successor.

What her family didn't tell Yurae was that her mother was sick and in need of a transplant around the time of her wedding. They were estranged ever since her mother sent her off to live with her dad, but Yurae loved her dearly. Her mother died on her wedding day. She found out about her death and its cause eventually, and realizing how her marriage with Muwon is the one keeping her family's business out of danger, she decided to divorce him as way to seek revenge from her family. She also said that she hated being Muwon's wife because that was not her decision and she hates his family (there's an evil aunt on Muwon's side). She cut ties with them and decided that she will not let them run her life anymore because up until that point her life was decided by them. That's why she moved abroad and made her own career.

The divorce had nothing to do with Muwon, at least not directly. I think they were both surprised at how they felt when they were finally separated from each other. Muwon realized this much earlier than her because when she moved out of their house, he immediately felt empty and tried to get her back. He followed her to her friend's house with that intent in mind, but saw her with another man (her childhood friend). He saw her smiling and wearing brightly-colored clothes, both things she never did in front of him. He assumed that the other man was her lover (which by the way is allowed under their arrangement), but he got so angry and hurt when he saw them that he backed down and just pushed through with the divorce.

For her part, Yurae admitted to herself that she felt a great loss with her husband gone. She longed for him, but she was quick to dismiss these thoughts, insisting that longing does not mean affection. She also assumed the divorce didn't affect Muwon. She kept tabs on him while she's abroad through the news, and seeing that he's carrying on as usual with his business activities, she felt validated. So when they saw each other again in the first chapters of the story, she was taken aback by his appearance and demeanor, and then she started to doubt herself that maybe he was also wounded by the divorce.

Tamyave, TaoTie, Foxloverxp and 18 others like this.
  10. Aka Bittu

Aka Bittu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they wont be sepereated ever again right? after they started dating and u mentioned fl trying to go away she wont right?

TaoTie likes this.
  11. emilyfxv

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, no breakups. They stayed together.

TaoTie, RakaSarkar, Ceilo27 and 5 others like this.
  12. Aka Bittu

Aka Bittu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yay ty and when will they have sex again

TaoTie likes this.
  13. emilyfxv

Reading List:
    Link
    So from where the raw manhwa is right now, I think they'll have one more false start - she's prepared the room, mood and all that, but they were interrupted by a serious matter that needed immediate attention. And there are some happenings in between. Then, as I've posted before
    they'll attend a party, have a romantic moment in the rooftop and then go home and do the deed. From there, they're pretty much sexually active. The novel isn't smut so don't expect much details, but there are certainly glimpses of their bedroom activities.

Ceilo27, TaoTie, saphhh and 9 others like this.
  14. Aka Bittu

Aka Bittu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    heh
    e hehe and why does the fl want to breakup with ml later do they have fight?

15. emilyfxv

Reading List:
    Link
    It has something to do with business, family, and reputation, but
    when they got to that point, they already know each other's feelings, so it didn't really break them in the end.

Ceilo27, pati_w, Fenrironcrac and 2 others like this.
  16. Aka Bittu

Aka Bittu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    will that near breaking up last for many chapter or just 1 or 2? and how many chapters are there in book 1

17. Sugar21

Sugar21 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love how there is spoiler:spoiler jaja. Thank you for the spoilers

tisifone21 and emilyfxv like this.
  18. emilyfxv

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really recall, but it's not even a full chapter. The lead up to it was scattered throughout the novel, but they were together through it all and when Yurae had to definitively decide on it, it got resolved fairly quickly, but it was very sweet.
    Book 1 was 10 chapters long.

Mitsuki000 and Tt123 like this.
  19. Tt123

Tt123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh thank you so much!!!:blobmelt:

20. Aka Bittu

Aka Bittu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ty ty