Recommendations Rebirth but instead of face slapping and revenge the mc drops everything and starts a new life

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by FlowingTime, Jan 14, 2021.

1. FlowingTime

FlowingTime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for a rebirth story where the mc died a terrible death in their previous life, but after rebirth instead of seeking face slapping or revenge or redemption using different means, they seeked to live a better life in their own way and that some people are simply not worth it and that a person should first love themselves before seeking other people's love.

The whole revenge thing was fun then but at some point, when you read a certain amount of qt or rebirth novels, almost all of them either include them or are purely so (face slapping, revenge, redemption, etc). And you read through the process of the mc learning skills they never had for that purpose but not really think about their dreams or what they really wanted in life.

For example
    the mc is the illegitimate child to a rich family who loved to read, read every books the family owns and secretly wanted to impress his dad but everyone hated him to death, was betrayed but his nominal fiancee for his brother, was kicked out of school and got killed. After rebirth he suddenly became a business genius who suppressed his brother, framed that fiancee and broke off from her, forcefully obtained the family wealth and sweeping the genius daughter of an unapproachable family off her feet.....

But what if instead, he broke ties with his family, left for somewhere else where they can't bother him, became a writer or because he's "so talented in business" bought and sold stocks in his free time, lived his life reading books and visiting conventions and maybe got his feet swept off by one of his favorite authors, male or female.

Or maybe
    our mc used to be a cute little bunny who had a crush on xx and even crossed the sea to chase him and gifted him cookies every other day because she loved to bake but the white lotus fake best friend yy framed her and killed her because she liked him too and guess what? Xx was scum all along.... The consequent rebirth or transmigration is predictively those three no? She comes back a ruthless cold woman who does a total makeover and succeeds in business, slaps him in the face with money making xx feel regret and make yy go to jail while picking up a tyrant ml and saving the life of tsundere 2nd ml... Like.... Wtf.... No....

Where did my cute bun go?... Where are your cookies? ... I know you've always hated heels and and that dry sticky makeup... You've never cared before about going out plain faced... What happened to your dream of opening a bakery? What if in her rebirth she changed courses to culinary school and later opened a bakery back at home and found a homely romance with a regular at her shop who is, idk, a single father with a little bun because that bun can't get enough of her cookies, and we get to experience the cuteness of a big bun and a little bun being pampered. I don't care... Doesn't have to be a tyrant ceo type, doesn't have to be an overbearing rich second generation... Heck... He could be a childhood friend or that classmate from primary or whatever who only years later mustered the courage to confess...

Or maybe
    The movie emperor who entered the industry by accident due to the lack of money and worked hard for several years from the bottom to reach his current height only to be stabbed in the back by a long time best friend and his reputation became so terrible he couldn't bear to live, then was transmigrated into an 18th tier, average looking orphan teenage actor who also just started the road but whose company threw away because his lack of talent. Sir... The world is so wide and you're so unfettered what can you not do? You know the industry is murky and you had a dream before being scouted. You don't really have to climb from the bottom again.

Maybe no ml or romance at all I'm fine with that.

I want a story where the mc realizes that they simply met the wrong people at the wrong time and that they should stay true to themselves and the story makes a turn and becomes a comedy slice of life. The previous life characters show up every so often but the don't make that much of an impact. Maybe we can feel their remorse or regret but our mc is over them.

Ps. It could be both bl or bg i don't mind.
    I've already read The Female Supporting Role Shows Out and it inspired this post.

In layman terms, after the scum gong abused the cheap shou to death, the cheap shou realized that the scum gong wasn't worth it so he simply pat his ass and left.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
    Iiloveme likes this.
  2. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, no face slapping.... tough. The only thing that comes to mind is the cultivation/system novel seal cultivation for self-improvement. This is a BL novel. But the guy doesn’t live an entirely different life.
    The Mc is a guy who realizes that he could do better and he could build a life where he could rely on himself. So he does. Still this is not a happy comedy novel... so may still not be what your looking for.

3. cherryblossomsinsummer

cherryblossomsinsummer The Midnight Sun

Reading List:
    Link
    The first thing that came into my mind when you said rebirth but no face slapping is Transmigrating to Before the Big Boss Blackened, although it's not a rebirth story but transmigration, it matches what you're looking for.

MC transmigrated into the body of a tragic villain that shared the same name as her. The ori was inflicted with a Gu and was cast away by her parents to be raised by her grandpa. When she came back, they treated her like the plague. Only her sick tsundere twin brother cared for her. When MC got into her body, she immediately left the house and started to crossdress a man. The reason being 1) She needed to develop yang energy to suppress the gu, and 2) ML had a psychological shadow over women so the mission she chose was to become ML's brother instead of a lover. There wasn't much if not any revenge plot because the MC gave no damn about her as*hole family. *copied from my review hahahaha

This story only has 2 translated chapters so if you want to read it, gotta MTL and it wasn't that bad for me.

4. ImperialNero

ImperialNero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are basically asking for the impossible in a chinese novel

5. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Beware of Chicken

Fic about a guy who transmigrates into a farm caretaker disciple( low rank) in a swordsman sect of cultivators.

The real thing got beat to death by a young master type and MC sensing the kind of plot that could happen decides to resign the sect with some of the herbs he raised and fucks off to an area with practically no Qi, least amount of monsters, and no permanent resident tcultivators as he could find.

The story is about him raising a farm, romancing a local village girl ( who isn't even close to jade skin beauty) and it being a general slice of life with some comedy thrown in.

It's like reading Gin no Saji ( silver spoon) manga in story form and in xianxia world.

CoinDecency and SerialBeggar like this.
  6. the_TRASH

the_TRASH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't quite remember if I've read a novel like that but it kinda sounds familiar.

Anyway, novels that come to mind are those about farming, you know those stories where the MC chooses a somewhat chill occupation but not really.

7. Yellow Brick

Yellow Brick Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Trash of the Count’s Family
    2. Akuyaku Reijou ni Nanka Narimasen. Watashi no Koushaku Reijou desu!
    3. Back to the Sixties: Farm, Get Wealthy & Raise the Cubs

9. judeiiro

judeiiro radish

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmmm I have a few titles in mind but to exclude faceslaps narrows down the list quite a lot since they're usually thrown in like MSG for that instant rush of flavour :blobhyperthink:

maybe these might fit?? some i haven't read in a while so hmm
    titles that kinda fit but i remember reading faceslappage and someof these are transmigration novels. I listed them from what I thought fit most to least

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  10. FlowingTime

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't have to be happy as in fluffy... It could have this hurt comfort vibe where they were still affected from their previous life so when they improve you get this "good for you... Im proud" parental feeling...

I suddenly remembered a bl i read before that is pretty similar but no rebirth but literally a new life... It was Spring Trees and Sunset Clouds ... It's really is mc starting a new life elsewhere and overcoming his trauma

TaffyGirl13 likes this.
  11. FlowingTime

Reading List:
    Link
    It's there... But I can't find much :cookie:

12. FlowingTime

Reading List:
    Link
    Not what I'm looking for.... But i still bookmarked it :blobowoevil_horns:

13. FlowingTime

Reading List:
    Link
    Man... Gin no saji was great... Bookmark :blobmelt:

14. FlowingTime

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm already reading ToCF... Its really good but not like what I'm looking for... It's basically someone transmigrating into a new world and their path to OPness using either a golden finger or knowledge from reading the book.

What I'm looking for is someone living a terrible life and possibly traumatized... And then getting the chance to live that same life again but letting begones be gone

judeiiro likes this.
  15. judeiiro

judeiiro radish

Reading List:
    Link
    ooh gotcha! hmmm then perhaps the only one that I am aware of and on the list is probably Beloved Marriage in High Society :blobhyperthink:

the MC, an illegitimate child of a prominent family, lived a terrible life and was used/worked to death in his first life and finds himself reborn, so he decides to just get married off instead. He himself doesn't really care for the past life because he's exhausted (and mostly because of his mental condition/disabilities) and doesn't seek revenge, just wanna live happily married to his very good husband lol

There's quite a bit of digging into the past and truth by the ML/husband but for the most part this novel is MC getting pampered and loved to bits
    MC was slightly slow to begin with and was in an orphanage. Then, later he was claimed to be the Meng Family's illegitimate child and adopted. However, he was repeatedly neglected and abused to the point where he ate pills for meals and almost died as a kid. His mental condition gets worse, almost kills his grandmother's lover who tried to m*lest him as a teenager and was sent to reform highschool. He works hard and does his best to be appealing to the Meng family in hopes of a better life. They discover he has a special sensitivity for scents and he was pretty much trapped in the Meng lab from then on. He develops the (most likely, I'm still reading this) "Meng family secret perfume formula", only to die in his lab just before being able to enjoy complete success.

He wakes up reborn in his highschool years (17/18), has a small mental breakdown and ends up failing the monthly school test which lands him back at the Meng family house to be married off because the Meng's can't be raising useless waste or something like that which achieved his goal, sort of.

He's pretty much traumatised by his past and does have break downs when triggered. Not often but it happens. MC is very dense and blunt, very low EQ but develops positively thanks to his husband. He's actually quite strong and can beat people up lol

The novel also features another Reincarnator, so you know where some of the drama/mess is coming from :blob_thor:

16. Quirkayla

Quirkayla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think "Rebirth of the Golden Marriage" might fit what you want. Shou gets betrayed by scum gong, they get into a fight and he dies by accident. He wakes up 8 years in the past and decided to cut ties with scum gong and get engaged to someone else. Scum gong still appears a bit but his existence isn't all that important to the shou or to the plot haha. It's a pretty good story, just be warned that the translation isn't exactly the best.

17. FlowingTime

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    judeiiro likes this.
  18. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven’t read this and it’s a transmigrated novel instead of rebirth but the description seems to fit.

Big Bosses Are Not What I Expected After I Transmigrated Into A Book

ayala likes this.
  19. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I finally read this after being intrigued by your recommendation and it's GREAT! :blobhighfive:

Greater thunder likes this.
  20. DeyDey

DeyDey An Old-Hearted Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    I know a chinese story a fit so well but damn I forgot the title. Its a BxG and have a romance tag

The story starts with the premise MC got switch at birth to another girl. Her family knows that they got the wrong child because the father got a car accident (or sick) and need a transplant from the family. All of the family members got to check and surprise, the youngest daughter was not their daughter. Long story short, the family wants to get MC back but the fake cry and because she has a weak body and some sentiment, they don't want to send the fake to the countryside. The hell for MC started. Even though she reunited with her family, all of the family members love the fake more, no matter how hard MC tried to be on their good side, her family members act as if they didn't see it. MC tried so hard to please them and disappointed so many times. Until her death, no one in her family cares about her.

MC got transmigration to the past, just two years after she was found. They get enough of her family treatment and decide to move out of their house to live in the school. She wants to break ties with her family (and later really did it)

In this story, MC didn't sway for everything, no matter what her family does and said. Enough is enough. She leaves her family and never turn back. When her brothers come and beg her to come back, she refuses. She lives for herself and only cares about people who love her, got new friends, got someone special, and got her happiness. When she became the school champion, she never talks to her family and her family can only look at her from afar. They regret everything they did to her.

Iiloveme likes this.