Recommendations Looking for High-Tech-Sci-Fi but with some kind of Twist.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Osamaru, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe the MC is a undercover Agent working for an advanced Civ, in an underdeveloped world (Fantasy World Epsilon 30-10). Or maybe they are an Space navy who crashed on a fantasy/Cultivation world (Out of Space), or maybe its the CULTIVATORS who've developed advanced Tech to complement their own powers (Is that a Wisp?!). Or maybe its just a "Future" story with high-Tech, but an interesting twist you don't see often.

Anyone know of anything interesting like that?

I'm NOT looking for something where its actually just a typical Tower/World-Shift/Alt World where the tech happens to be high level, but the rest of the story just like anything else. Nor something like The Legendary Mechanic where the tech is technically there, but tends to be more "gamey" than Sci-fi.

NOTES:
    1): Decent Length (100+chapters or 2-3 Volumes, depending on chapter length), and/OR being actively translated (Has been updated in the last 1 - 2 months). I.E. I don't want something with 10-15 chapters that's not been updated since August 2016, but something with 5-10 chapters that's been update Mid Nov/Dec (or even the start) is perfectly fine.
    2): No Hentai/Smut. Adult themes/Scenes are fine, but no blatant smut (I.E. a bedroom scene just for the sake of smut).
    3): Harem tag is fine, but No Polygamy.
    4): No BL/GL.

mir and SquadCammander354 like this.
  2. CinemaGame

CinemaGame Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have the perfect book for this description.

Hard to Be a God is a 1964 science fiction novel by Soviet writers Arkady and Boris Strugatsky.

The novel follows Anton, an undercover operative from the future planet Earth, in his mission on an alien planet that is populated by human beings whose society has not advanced beyond the Middle Ages.

Osamaru likes this.
  3. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
    Star Rank Hunter

There are many story arcs. Some are more tech based than others, but the story is full of tech (AI, nanomachines, machine language, robot planets, cyborgs, etc).

Osamaru likes this.
  4. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    World's Apocalypse Online, do note that the rest of the chapters that were translated are either hidden or something since Webnovel got the rights.

Therefore, just use an aggregator site and they should have all the chapters you're looking for.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    Osamaru likes this.
  5. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    It's Not Easy to Be a Man After Travelling to the Future There is no romance and It's a gender-bend story. The MC reincarnated in the future, and something happened which forced her to disguise as a male soldier. It's basically a sci-fi futuristic version of Mulan. But with Mecha. Cultivation. My Hero Military Academia. Interstellar Wars. Aliens. Aliens as pets. Sentient AIs. Virtual world. Parallel universes.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  6. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Edge of the Apocalypse
    2. I Can Download
    3. I Woke Up Piloting the Strongest Starship, so I Became a Space Mercenary

7. Malicre

Malicre Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Subjugation series over on the worlds of fel / weavespinner website, has some minor swinging/sharing tho.

8. jakala

jakala Member

Reading List:
    Link