Spoiler The Villainess Reverses the Hourglass

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by riyo, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Crims28

Crims28 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually feel (A LITTLE) sorry towards him because of how Mielle used him as a tool for her to attack Aria, but that's it.

velven and Korleone like this.
  2. Paris_Eve

Paris_Eve Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, its their own fault after all. [ And I think Aria can't be rest in peace after her revenge if There is still a slightest sight of Roscent Family Exist because They are The Main Reason of Her Revenge, especially Mielle] . I Know Count just ignorant and accept every mistake his children done but that was his mistake because it is ruined his whole life. And Aria in the end just ignore him :). I feel her and I can't blame her for that.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  3. Delice-San

Delice-San Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would any one be interested in writing a fanfic of "The Villainess Reverses The Hourglass" ?

I mean, this is a personal opinion but we already know the entire story and the ending. It would be interesting to read about other aspects of the story. In AO3 there are only 11 fanfics.

Here are some ideas for anyone interested.
    • Fanfics about side characters (Chloe, Oscar, Sarah and Carin) focusing on them or their personal story.
    • Other ships (Carin X Chloe, Sarah X the Marquis, Annie X the Baron)
    • The cast reacting to the manhwa or the novel
    • Modern Day AU
    • Genderbend AU (Crown Princess Aria and Asterope/Asher the son of a prostitute)
    • What if Aria found out who her father was earlier and she became the daughter of the heir of House Piast
    • Aria and Asher's daily life as emperor and empress with Bliss and Lippe
    • Crossover with other fandoms (Death is the only ending for the villainess, Seduce the Villain's Father, Who made me a Princess, Abandoned Empress)
    • A School Life AU
    • A Truth or Dare show
    • A person who read the novel and manhwa reincarnating as a character in the novel (i.e. Mielle, Isis, Oscar, Bliss)

Paris_Eve and Nimp like this.
  4. radical6

radical6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It..sort of depends. The later part of the story was really boring honestly. I disliked the information we had to find out about at the end of rhe story, I felt like it was useless and if it wasnt added in nothing would have changed.

ML's personality to me is basically "I dont care about anything besides Aria!" Aria feels very OP in thr later half and I feel never really has any true problems. Its just a long game to torture her sis and bro. She could've done it in one big move but she prolongs it, but i found it very boring.

But its one of the few completely translated korean villainess novels so it doesnt hurt to give it a try. But I dropped the webtoon after finishing the novel because I don't have the patience to read all that filler again.

Basically, if this is your first villainess novel you may love it. This was my first one and I liked it when I first finished reading it. But after reading other works my opinion of this story has gone down. It just feels lifeless to me.

What is Aria when she no longer wants revenge? Her old villainess self? Or a woman who is only kind for her own self interests and ruthless to her enemies? Both her and ML felt like robots to me for half the story. She doesn't really care about anything in the end besides herself, ML, and like two friends.

She has the personality of a true villainess I guess. But it feels very bare.

Creolenerd likes this.
  5. Deleted member 300842

Deleted member 300842 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Could anyone please tell about Arias father and is it the count or not?

6. Deleted member 300842

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please tell me who Arias father is and what he is like and if there a picture i will be very grateful. Oh and i was very confused about the characters age can someone please tell me how old they are???:aww::blobhug::blob_pout:

7. Delice-San

Delice-San Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chloe Piast, Her father is the heir to House Piast in the neighboring kingdom of Croa. He basically spent a few years of his life in search of Carin, prostitute, he slept and fell in love with. He's an all around nice guy. He regrets not being there in Aria's life.

Here are the probable character ages:

Aria: 16-17 years old in the span of the novel
    Asher: He's probably 20 years old.
    Mielle: 17 16 years old, since she's around 1 year older younger than Aria
    Cain: 20-21 years old
    Oscar: 16 years old?
    Isis: 18 years old. We saw her 18th birthday in the manhwa and novel
    Lohan: 20~25 ish
    Count Roscent: Mid forties maybe?
    Carin and Chloe: 35~40 ish
    Annie: In her late teens? 18? Maybe?
    Jessie: Early-mid twenties

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  8. Sarahlin

Sarahlin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mielle is actually younger by one year. Aria mentioned how they were the same size due to being malnourished in her childhood as a commoner. Later, Aria got a growth spurt.

Paris_Eve and Korleone like this.
  9. Deleted member 300842

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much:blobsmilehappyeyes:

10. tt2005

tt2005 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I read the whole book, all 200+ chapters and I wanted to read it all over again during the break. However, I can't find the part where Aria gives Lady Sarah love advice. I remember that part but I can't find it in the book. Help.

11. neno_

neno_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Spezatine

Spezatine Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you guys know that what is current chapters from the manhwa in the novel rightnow??

I want to read it but I can’t find it TT

13. CAP

CAP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The last chapter that came out of the manhwa is chapter 134 of the novel.

Spezatine and Carollllllll like this.
  14. Spezatine

Spezatine Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so muchhhhh

CAP likes this.
  15. Gumiho

Gumiho Villainess Connoisseur ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually the ages are much younger;;;

Mielle starts at 13. She has two birthdays during the course of the story so I think she dies at age 15.

That puts Aria at 14 at the start. She is 18 by the end of the story/epilogue when she celebrates it with her real family (what is considered 'adult' for women in this world) and is properly engaged with Asher.

Isis appears at 17, gets her birthday so about 18-19 by the time she dies.

I can't remember exactly but I think Asher is meant to be the same age as Isis, but because men are considered 'adult' later the guests were lamenting at Isis's birthday how he couldn't get married /engaged right now. (Edit: Yes Isis and Asher are the same age. So both 17-18. Men are considered 'adult' at 20)

Cain and Oscar are the same age as each other so they are probably a year or two younger than Isis.

Annie and Aria are the same age. Jessie is 18 at the start.

Sarah isn't made clear but she meets the count at her social debut, and is engaged not long after so she is probably 18 at engagement (since they can't seem to do so before adulthood) and marries a year or two later. I'd approximate her to about 16-17 at the start of the story.

Don't think anything was really defined with regards to the older gens.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  16. Deleted member 300842

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you but how did lady isis die do you know?:aww:

17. neru74

neru74 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She was executed for treason along with many other nobles who backed her. So long story short, Isis planned to marry a foreign king(Lohan) and borrow his power to take the throne. However, Lohan was friends with Asher, thus, Isis got caught in a trap she can't escape from. Papers filled with names, funds, involvement, plans, you name it.
    All of her followers were executed along with her, except Mielle and Cain who Aria wanted to spare since she wasn't done with them yet

Oscar survived because his name wasn't on the papers and he gave an official confession, selling out his family

18. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you.
    Wow, Oscar finally man up at the very end.
    Btw, their ages make me feel i'm so old and useless....

Eivuri likes this.
  19. CAP

CAP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 52 of the manhwa came out and from the contents of the comments I understood:
    1) A very long chapter (102 pages)
    2)
    In this chapter, Aria and As confessed their feelings
    3)
    Kiss?!?! It seems that in the novel it still had to happen not soon?!