DMBJ (Daomu Biji/The Lost Tomb) master post

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by meridianna, Jun 23, 2019.

1. meridianna

meridianna Suffering Ikemen Best Civilization

Reading List:
    Link
    don't we all?...*sniff*
    either MTL or wait for fanTL, i think it's gonna be hard to read in English. coz the EN publisher is dead? or something like that. and i don't see any other web publisher like Webnovel taking DMBJ novel.
    oh well, we will get DMBJ animation so i hope we may get EN tl one way or another.

2. infiniteli

infiniteli Member

Reading List:
    Link
    merebear474765851's wordpress page does some (can't post link since I'm new).
    not sure if you've been here but they do some, I finished the dramas so I'm reading what happens after Ultimate Note.

3. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is the current zhang qilin, the original zhang qi ling?

also what about wu san xing?is he real? is he alive?

4. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    also the ultimate note is so much better than all of the previous drama/movies...

but as usual..it ends at a really bad part

why? is this some kind of new director style that seriously sucks monkey balls?

5. meridianna

Reading List:
    Link
    1. nope, he took the name, idk the number tho.

2. idk, for once he is real. but whether he is alive or not... let's say till end of DMBJ main novels, he is still quite alive

can i say it's the marketing ploy? heck i read another qidian novel (well DMBJ came from qidian at first), it also ended openly... and the sequel will be released around 2022. i'm talking about Lord of The Mysteries btw. god, it's one of best things ever in 2020

6. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what do you mean????????

is he alive or not? (as in wu xie's uncle)

the last episode of ultimate note suggested that his uncle never existed and was a persona/fake all along. is this true?

lom has a drama???i googled and all i found is an audio cd...

7. meridianna

Reading List:
    Link
    aah i mean that... WuXie's uncle should be existed, coz in Reunion he came back and gave WuXie more mysteries. but but whether the uncle that WX saw all these years is his real uncle or another person... that needs more discussion.
    well i'm talking based on the novels, so maybe there are some inconsistencies.

er.. that's not it. LoTM is still only adapted into audio drama (but i got leak that the animation license was bought by Tencent). both LoTM and DMBJ were novels published by Qidian (u'know, certain webnovel publisher), and how these two similarly give me more mysteries and not answers... is just uncanny. tho i will argue that LoTM's plot was answered mostly, more than that of DMBJ. but LoTM's main plot is not resolved yet..
    for once i know that DMBJ is big IP, so there goes... more continuations = more money.

imho DMBJ is not very good at answering/resolving its own mysteries, fans should just enjoy the adventure, not expecting the answer

8. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Um like i said before the book confused me a lot

So from other ppls explanation, 3rd uncle was sharing his identity with another guy ( Jie Lianhuan - i forgot who he is...) jlh used 3rd uncles identity while 3rd uncle pretends to be dead (for some complicated reason )
    The dead body wu xie (?) found in some tomb was a subordinate of jlh (i forgot when this was)

Anyway jlh dies at some point in time, the real 3rd uncle is in kunlun mountains amd got possessed/controlled(?) By something , he traps himself in a suit of armor, eventually wu xie finds this and they cremate him (burn him to death while he's still alive, per 3rd uncle's wishes)

9. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    qidian is a not publisher...if they're a publisher, then facebook and twitter are publishers too

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  10. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks.

oh damn what a sad reunion...

11. meridianna

Reading List:
    Link
    ah i mean like jjwxc

12. meridianna

Reading List:
    Link
    wait
    it happens in Reunion???
    i see..

13. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wasn't the uncle in reunion fake? it was also revealed in the show that he was one of the uncle's friends.

it wasn't until the last episode of ultimate note which questioned the 3rd uncle existence

also it revealed that they're basically fighting against the Illuminati lmao

what a trashy plot. it's no wonder why all of the shows end on a trashy cliffhanger and the author can't be assed to answer all the questions cus he probably can't

it's too bad all the studios seems to be focusing on this instead of ghost blows the candle

14. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Um....im not sure how illuminati fits into this, but the overall plot = "the secrets of immortality"

Basically, the "villians" want the secret behind immortality, which the Zhang family knows and protects (behind the bronze door), and is why they are so long lived.

It's a different types of novel from Ghost blows out the candle, (which although i haven't finished reading) i believe is actually just about grave robbing & Chinese supernatural story. I think people who like Grave robbing series prefer Ghost more, but as a general horror/mystery/supernatural story, in DMBJ the mysteries and characters are really really good.

Actually it's just that DMBJ is more popular, although supposedly (bc i actually haven't read but i can totally believe) Ghost Blows Out Candle is better written. And ofc it inspired DMBJ. Dmbj started as a fan series inspired by Ghost, while Ghost was a planned novel, thus why there's so many plot holes. I think many of them were filled, but you really need to do alot of rereading and ignoring some parts that literally conflict due the the authors bad writing.

Also, the drama adaptions are pretty...bad...(imo) there were a lot of changes that don't actually make sense to me, or they push the BL too much (which ok i love the pairing but please don't shove it down my throat, that's just cringe)

meridianna likes this.
  15. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in the last episode of ultimate note, they basically said that the people who were the mastermind is basically every rich person who wants the secret of immortality which is more or less, the Illuminati minus the secret of immortality part (dmbj is fiction after all)

also everyone here says that DMBJ, even at the end, is still full of plotholes and unsolved questions.

suddenly so many things makes sense about dmbj. regarding why there are so many boring parts and irrelevant on-goings

16. meridianna

Reading List:
    Link
    oooh finally Guodong subs adds DMBJ donghua as their project~
    i'll add the link in the 1st post
    note: must add Nekocap extension for chrome/firefox
    don't forget VPN, as i checked, after i changed to JP VPN, the youtube finally can start (i use protoVPN btw)
    enjoy folks~

[​IMG]

MikotoP, LaDyViL and thisworldofmine1 like this.