Spoiler Cheating men must die (manhua)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Kuro_0ni, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Calypso Noir

Calypso Noir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you

3. Cream

Cream Cream

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers! :blobicecreamlove:

(@Joker13 )

skai.ya and okpanda_533 like this.
  4. Joker13

Joker13 Sleep Deprived Fool[Sheepiest sheep to ever sheep]

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers! :blobicecreamlove:

skai.ya and okpanda_533 like this.
  5. skai.ya

skai.ya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • CP is begging for forgiveness for 2nd Prince, saying that 2nd Prince had tried his best despite the poor results.
    • This enrages the Emperor because the hole is a big problem, how can he forgive him, furthermore, all the food and materials for the dam are all sufficient, the Emperor thinks that he chose the wrong person for this job.
    • CP continues and said that 2nd Prince had been in his residence for a long time, but he's willing to step forward, despite not having great results, but his intentions... (cuts off by the Emperor)
    • Emperor asks CP to stop saying and said that if 2nd Prince doesn't have the ability but still takes up the responsibility is a form of irresponsibility in itself.
    • CP agrees and Emperor dismisses him, CP looks happy and returns to his residence.
    • 'Meng Yao' welcomes him back and asks if CP's successful (in making Emperor angry), to which CP says that he is.
    • 'Meng Yao' compliments CP for being so good (at convincing/making Emperor angry), CP follows up and says that they don't need to worry any more as 2nd Prince will receive a heavy punishment.
    • CP thanks 'Meng Yao' for her effort and 'Meng Yao' replies that it's her luck that CP can share his worries with her.
    • CP hugs 'Meng Yao' while 'Meng Yao' is thinking that she had gotten rid of her biggest obstacle, so now no one can stop her from being Empress.
    • While all that was happening, Luxia was thinking of a way to help 2nd Prince by reading the 1 million word novel again to find any clues that she missed as this novel is weak her mental strength thus the info that was keyed into her mind could miss out a lot of things.
    • Mouse said that they don't have much time left and that a ruler's heart is difficult to predict, the only clues they can find s from that 1 million word novel.
    • Luxia suddenly got an idea when mouse said 'a ruler's heart is difficult to predict', Luxia had been so focused in thinking like CP and 2nd Prince that she had forgotten that the Emperor is the most important part in this situation, as long as they can settle the Emperor, they will be fine.
    • This means that Luxia doesn't need to finish the whole novel, she just need to read the parts that mention the Emperor to find a soft spot*(?).
    • Luxia asks mouse to find all things about the Emperor and asks him to look out for her and to not let anyone disturb her as she needs to be fully concentrated.
    • Luxia is thinking: 'Old Emperor, old Emperor, let me see what's your soft spot (?).
    • After 2 hours, Luxia found a solution and immediately rushed to 2nd Prince to tell him the solution.
    • The chapter ends with mouse thinking Luxia wants to talk with 2nd Prince in the middle of the night shows that Luxia is treating 2nd prince differently form others with a smug face.
    *soft spot: the original translation is entry point, so they are trying to find an entry point to the emperor. but i think entry point doesn't really make sense so i changed to soft spot instead.

an average novel has about 90,000 words, big epic stories can get to 120,000 to 200,000 words (nearly one fifth of that 1 mil word novel mentioned OwO)

6. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for spoiler :blobmelt::blobmelt:

the novel stats, it is in english or chinese? maybe 1million is 1 million chinese character...but then again, it can be the novel like DKC (forgot the name) it was like has more than 10k chapters I think...

skai.ya likes this.
  7. skai.ya

Reading List:
    Link
    i think it's character. i did a little more research and found this: https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...vel-chapter-when-translated-to-english.67274/
    so i guess the 1 mil characters equates to about 600k to 750k english words. that's still a lot.
    but then again, im not the type that likes to read novels so that 600k to 750k may not be a big number to some.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. kurohamukami

kurohamukami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More chapters

skai.ya likes this.
  9. MiyaMira

MiyaMira Jobseeking Sloth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Certified Imouto

Reading List:
    Link
    CN novels count the length by Chinese characters, kinda like counting by how many letters/alphabets used in one English word. So 1mil word counts can mean a lot of words depending on translation and wordings. DKC... have more than 18k chapters iirc, and finally it's ending/ended. I don't remember how many times Nangong need to hv amnesia and how many times Su Luo and Nangong are getting married. Just glad author is ending that.

skai.ya likes this.
  10. okpanda_533

okpanda_533 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • When Second Prince arrives at the palace, he immediately prostrates and tells the Emperor: "I understand that no matter what I say, I will not be able to correct my mistakes and will not be able to properly account for them, so I don't have much to say. I only wish that the Emperor will give me a second chance. Please!"
    • Luxia had told him that when he meets the Emperor, to skip the flowery language and admit his mistakes directly.
    • But the court officials are murmuring that: "What sort of attitude is that? His apology is so simple, it must mean he's insincere." and that "If he's going straight to the point it means he knows there's no use saying anything."
    • The Crown Prince is thinking: "Heh, admitting your mistakes like this? At least you know your place."
    • But the Emperor is reminded of his younger days, where he kowtowed hard and said, "I have no words... I am willing to take all responsibility..."
    • The Emperor is softening, but then the court officials start to yell at the Second Prince, "Second Prince, your attitude is too frivolous! Doesn't that mean that you don't care about the well-being of our people?"
    • The court official says, "Emperor, the Second Prince screwed up the dam project, caused adverse effects etc, and now he's acting so frivolously, please punish him harshly."
    • Another court official says, "Yeah, all the money and rations were accounted for, so there shouldn't be any defects with the dam. But under the Second Prince, the dam broke... Please investigate this carefully." (foreshadowing?? oo)
    • Second Prince thinks back to what Luxia said: "When everyone is done criticising you, then..."
    • Second Prince says, "I know my sins cannot be forgiven, I am willing to take all responsibility... but please don't give up on me. I have indeed done my best." - at this point his tears are gushing out & the tagline says he's acting with all his might.
    • His one (1) tear falls, and it shocks everyone. The Emperor is reminded of his younger days again, where he begged with all his might for a second chance, but was refused by the previous emperor and was dragged out.
    • Crown Prince seizes the chance to criticise Second Prince again, saying, "A man's tears should never fall; how can you show this unsightly scene to a hundred officials!"
    • The Emperor then shouts, "Enough! His tears are proof that he's feeling so much regret & remorse, how can you call this an unsightly scene."
    • Crown Prince immediately bows, "Yes, Father is right. I have spoken out of turn."
    • All the court officials are silenced.
    • The Emperor then says, "Alright. Although the damage is done, the Second Prince did save a lot of people and prevent further damage from breaking out. Your punishment shall be half a year's salary."
    • Everyone is, understandably, shook.
    • Second Prince thinks: "I can't believe Luxia's method worked."
    • After the court session, Crown Prince chases after the Emperor to ask why the Emperor decided to forgive the Second Prince so easily, especially when he said he'd punish the Second Prince harshly in the study room.
    • Emperor says, "I have my reasons, you need not say more." / Inside, he's thinking, it's probably because I saw my younger self in him.
    • Crown Prince presses, "But he was clearly acting pitiful to gain your sympathy-"
    • Emperor: "Acting pitiful?!"
    • Crown Prince: "I have spoken out of turn."
    • Emperor: "I thought you genuinely cared for Second Prince. But apparently everything he does is either an act or being unsightly to you. You know, this was how the late emperor criticised my genuine feelings. Ah, in the royal family there is always a power struggle... even if you give it your all and are sincere, in order to gain recognition... how many people will truly understand?"
    • Emperor then says, "I thought you were different but... you don't understand anything."
    omg Emperor you are just one step away to recognising that he was setting Second Prince up lol. what's not clicking...

I hate the Crown Prince so much + this politicking... like bruh, let him live.

11. Ray Levantret

Ray Levantret Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, what do you guy think of the emperor, I am considering whether he is good or bad

skai.ya likes this.
  12. I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler

I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is the Emperor of the country he can't be biased towards his sons when the country is in danger. So... I am neutral on this...

13. TwoDuckDonuts

TwoDuckDonuts Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, can someone explain to me who is that guy Lin? I don't remember seeing any of his appearances in the manga so I'm a little confused ;-;

skai.ya likes this.
  14. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    He was this one agent who sacrifice his life saving Luxia. The bamboo rat previously mentioned him in ghost king arc when he warned Luxia to quit mission when system is under maintenance (not as Ling but as an agent who died when system is under maintenance)

samster, kurohamukami and skai.ya like this.
  15. skai.ya

Reading List:
    Link
    • Xu Yan praises Luxia and asks Luxia why the Emperor will forgive 2nd Prince.
    • Luxia explains that in order to protect oneself with words, you have to target the heart because people will sympathize and relate to those who had undergo the same experiences as them.
    • So 2nd prince just have to act like the young Emperor perfectly without any single mistakes, this way the Emperor will sympathize and relate to 2nd prince, thus Emperor will forgive him.
    • 2nd prince said that in order for this plan to work, Luxia have to know Emperor's past, and said that Xuan Ying Valley's peoples' deduction is very detailed and accurate, not only can they predict the future, they also can deduct the past.
    • 2nd prince adds on that these are all secrets not meant to be known to the humans, thus those who seek to know them will receive a bad consequence. (2nd prince is worried for Luxia)
    • Luxia assures 2nd prince that there's bad consequences but it's not her life so he doesn't have to worry.
    • 2nd prince sighs out of relief and tells Luxia not to use her spiritual energy carelessly or willy nilly unless it's a life or death situation.
    • Luxia understand and a servant knocks on the door, telling 2nd prince that they have found Shao Yao, an ex palace maid that used to serve 2nd prince's late mother.
    • 2nd prince looks grim when he heard the news and orders the servant to bring her to him while Luxia thinks that the name sounds awfully familiar.
    • The servant brought them to the basement and 2nd prince asks Shao Yao if she still remembers him, Shao Yao say yes while prostrating herself.
    • Shao Yao said that she still remember she had to leave the palace when 2nd prince just got seriously ill (what a coincidence lol), he appearance changed a lot, and now she can see 2nd prince return to his original appearance, she's overjoyed and thinks that her imperial consort's spirit will be comforted a lot with this.
    • Luxia frowns (she looks a bit angry) when she knows that Shao Yao is the late imperial consort's maid.
    • 2nd prince helped her to get up and said that she must have experience lots of suffering during these years.
    • Shao Yao said that it's worth it to experience all those suffering if she gets to meet 2nd prince again, and now she finally has a chance to tell him the truth.
    • Shao Yao angrily said that his late mother died of poisoning and not some weird disease, she had to keep this truth to herself for 5 years (starts crying), and now that the time has come, she can finally say it, but someone was after her life just after she had been kicked out from the palace, and she can't contact 2nd prince, so her only choice was to leave the capital to somewhere else while waiting for the chance to come.
    • 2nd prince orders her to tell the truth, Shao Yao said that CP and 2nd prince were super close, they always like to run about in Qian Cui Palace (where 2nd prince mother lived), so the maids never suspect CP until Shao Yao found CP putting some white powder into her late imperial consort's makeup.
    • the chapter ends with Shao Yao looking horrified after witnessing what CP did.
    hmmm, it seems too coincidental and sketchy to me....:hmm:

16. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    Thinking that maybe Shao Yao is CP's people... or more like to CP's mother's people.

Scarlet Feather and skai.ya like this.
  17. Iloverabbits

Iloverabbits Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. skai.ya

Reading List:
    Link
    yes it is
    the title is Cheating Men Must Die: The Evil Concubines Are Busy
    the teaser said that luxia met an agent from another system like hers (but male) in one of her missions and she finally met her match (as in rivals)
    so i guess this is going to be a tough one for luxia since her opponent is an agent like her.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  19. Ray Levantret

Ray Levantret Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seem like this side story will consist of multiple worlds because I saw a few different characters designs. Correct me if I am wrong, I can’t read chinese

skai.ya and kurohamukami like this.
  20. okpanda_533

okpanda_533 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • Shao Yao continues her story, saying that she thought it was strange - but before confirming the facts, she didn't dare to tell the late imperial consort about this. She took some of the affected makeup and gave it to the imperial physician to examine.
    • The physician says that there's nothing wrong with the makeup; what was added was a herb that is meant to calm to nerves (idk the English, but it translates roughly to Pleasing Grass).
    • Shao Yao was shook to find that it wasn't poisoned, but still decided it would be best to just tell the late imperial consort anyway. However, unexpectedly, when she got back the late imperial consort had died.
    • The imperial consort's body was quickly retrieved, so she thought something was wrong. While they were clearing up the late imperial consort's possessions, Shao Yao took the makeup and hid it.
    • Shao Yao kept thinking there must be something wrong with the herb that was added; there was no way a healthy person like the late imperial consort could just up and die.
    • Although Shao Yao was safe after that, once she got to the age where she had to leave the palace, there were assassins sent after her. Shao Yao thinks that confirms her hunch that the late imperial consort was murdered.
    • Shao Yao tells the 2nd Prince that he must avenge his late mother. 2nd Prince says that he will, and tells Shao Yao to stand up.
    • The Doctor, Queya, then says that he knows how they poisoned the late imperial consort. He says that the leftover incense that the 2nd Prince previously passed to him was filled with this other herb (idk what's the English, but it translates to like, Heart-Eating Flower).
    • Heart-Eating Flower is also non-poisonous, but when it comes into contact with Pleasing Grass, it becomes a lethal poison!!
    • While the late imperial consort's room was filled with the Heart-Eating Flower incense smoke, she applied the make-up filled with Pleasing Grass. That then led to her death.
    • Luxia asks how the 2nd Prince then came to be poisoned.
    • Dr. Que says that the resulting poison is fast-acting, and can go into a person's body via the skin. He posited that the late imperial consort must have kissed the 2nd Prince.
    • Shao Yao confirmed that every day, during the 2nd Prince's nap, the late imperial consort would kiss the 2nd Prince's forehead. The Crown Prince must have known of this because he always came over to their palace. They wanted to kill two birds with one stone!
    • 2nd Prince is agitated and says he'll definitely avenge his mother. Luxia places a hand on his wrist and affirms him.
    • Xu Yan wonders what was the Emperor's role in all of this.
    • Luxia then says that he didn't know about this; when she did her divine reading of the Emperor, she knew that he was someone who looked harsh but actually cared a lot about familial ties. There was no way he'd sit back and let the Crown Prince scheme against the 2nd Prince like that.
    • Luxia thinks: in the novel, the Emperor suspected the Empress, but didn't have evidence.
    • 2nd Prince says that Dr Que and Shao Yao should follow him into the imperial palace - to seek redress for his mother, now that they have witnesses/evidence to back their claim.