Spoiler I Became a God in a Horror Game (Unlimited)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by amechansan, Nov 19, 2020.

1. amechansan

amechansan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New project of CG Group :X3::X3: Hooray!!!
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-became-a-god-in-a-horror-game/

Just got really hooked with the plot for this one so I am currently struggling through MTL :cry::cry: And just got done with second arc:blobparty: Since it is BL- and I know, I came from CG where BL blooms- it is a plus, because the story is exciting and engaging as it is even without the romance (no romance as of yet). It will keep you on your toes and can't stop as it is action packed -both in mental and physical sense of action!! And MC is like literally likeable MC -not too OP but very calculating (sense of comradeship with cost benefit analysis is top-notch) with a psychological disease of hoarding/loving money *kaching*. The very reason he got into the game :facepalm:, he wants all your money!
    MC and Game 1 (Siren Town):
    • MC just got laid off from work in real life (horror game designer) and is relapsing from his illness (diagnosed with psychological disease of loving money where he wants to hoard lots of it). When he has work it was contained as he has his flow of income but upon getting laid off, he starts to overthink about money.
    • He enters a game, while sleeping he woke up inside the game as the game recognizes his strong desire for money. Playing the game will earn you coins/points wherein everything you desire is purchasable.
    • MC woke up with 4 others on their way to Siren Town. His game character is that of second rich gen kid having a bet with one of his companions for the only girl in the group. That is by proving his bravery by spending a night in the water (two of them) in Siren Town and whoever gives up in the course of the night will have to give up the girl. The trip being financed by him.
    • NPCs are: (1) Driver- a local of the town who picked them up going to the town; (2) Love Rival- typical bully rival that always challenges MC's game character; (3) The Girl- likes MC's game character and is the one they are fighting over for; (4) the Nerd guy- a fanatic of mermaids that always got bullied by love rival but insisted to come with them when he heard they are gong to Siren Town (where mermaids are believed to exist).
    • Like every other game, the player needs to explore what is the main mission and to collect monsters present in the game (explore their attacking power and their weaknesses to fight them off)
    • First arcs monsters are in the stages of butterfly stages (Larva, Pupa, Cocoon and Butterfly Mermaids).
    • Every time the monsters are identified it is upto the player to explore their weaknesses wherein upon collection of it and fulfilling main mission will deem the game cleared.
    • MC, having intelligence of 89 and a luck of 0 is a bad-ass in cracking all the monsters in the game. The town is creepy wherein everywhere there are mermaid sculptors and idols. And can literally kill you!!
    • Everyone in the town is actually monsters, that is because the town is cursed and the Siren King is captured in their museum which in turn made all the townspeople plagued by the mermaids, turning them into monsters.
    • Siren Town, a not so prosperous one become a hot topic when the rumor spreads that they captured merfolk and tourists came flocking in. Then come the issue of missing tourists wherein they can't be found anywhere.
    • MC on the end figured out that missing tourists have been existing but only covered up as not to alarm interested tourists from coming in. The truth is, the tourists are turned into mermaid monsters or for others turned into food. Townspeople like eating fish, MC being the exception as he can smell stench and rotten smell from these food, his companions drooling over fish all the time.
    • This is in fact the cause of alienation/integration of his group, becoming monsters like the rest.
    • Larva- the first stage, like the driver and other townspeople, having fish gills and likes to eat fish. Pupa -the stage wherein mermaid sculpture incubate a person making the sculpture look like the person and in turn the person turned into mermaid, like the receptionist in the lobby. Cocoon- the sculptures that looks like the sailors, it's like their protection/gear against their weaknesses. Butterfly- when one gets out of cocoon like the sailors wherein the identified weaknesses have less effect on them as their cocoon statues get the damage first.
    • MC also triggered the sub-plot, which involves the nerd guy having bloody-plot against love rival (and twist in the end-his plot includes killing off not just love rival but also MC). He uses this to complete the plot True Love Boat against the love rival.
    • MC also do not use conventional props to fight of monsters but improvise his props to save money and control the price changes in the game store :blobokhand:. For ex. one monster's weakness is light/heat so their is recommended Torch for it. Instead he bought a flashlight and 3D projectors and use it to fend them off. When he lacks other light props he uses mirror to reflect one light to encircle the monsters with it. When needed a bubble breathing prop to fight water monsters he instead bought lots of gasoline/alcohol and set the surrounding of his boat into fire, him in the middle looking at the monsters getting fried, the encirclement functions just like the bubble wrap props.
    • The main mission at the end and the last weakness of all the monsters is the Siren King. If it was the normal game, player just needs to send the Siren King back in the underwater to clear the game. MC on the other hand triggered a god level wandering NPC (a bug in the system).
    • Everyone watching his channel tv (where other players in the game can watch other play, MC being in the newcomers area where the game Siren Town is like a deadway for all new comers having high difficulty) all said it was a pity he will die on his first game encountering a god NPC in his first game.
    • MC is a gambler, having no qualms in dying, his principle of giving his all when playing a game is admirable. He challenges Siren King after waking up with his low stats after going berserk mode (near death burst of stats, making him A plus level player (?)) and he survives the attack.
    • When he survives the attack Siren King asked what he wants and he said what about a kiss (was just joking)? And voila! He was kissed :blobsmirk: After that he slumbers again in the bottom of the ocean, until next meeting!
    • And there we have it, the bug in the system is the ML:blobhug::blobhug:
    • After the game he unlocked his personal skill. And system said to think what he desires most and he silently chants money in his mind. Lol he got an old, used coin purse. His skill is trading, he can trade whatever he wants as long as the other party agrees, be it of coins/points, props or even the souls of the person :blob_grin::blob_grin:
    • And that's the start of his scamming other players do his bidding!!
    • He got out of the game and has money in exchange of his earned points.
    • He also meet interesting players, Wu shuan (?) and the fourth rank in the rising stars Mu something. Mu is a future team mate? :hmm:
    Then onto the next game. . .The Last Burst Train??!! That was long :blobdizzy:

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    Zhen_Qing likes this.
  3. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Lolhellothysaintofabove

Lolhellothysaintofabove Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you send a link to the mlt, I can’t seem to find it.

5. RiannNeko

RiannNeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Dearest_Reader

Dearest_Reader 【I, Who Mewls In The Distance】【The Lazy Traveler】

Reading List:
    Link
    This is before they got into the second arc.

• Bai Lu checked the level two game. It was multiplayer for seven players. A level two games have less than 80% but greater than 50% success in completing the games.
    • Bai Lu and Mu Sicheng talked about the mortality rate and how players are playing the game, but it wasn't shown nor has it been asked on the forum.
    • The players who succeeded in the game before died from another game and their existence was erased from the game world.
    • Mu Sicheng got goosebumps because the mortality rate was measured in a way. Bai Lu asked if he had studied statics, telling him about there are two values that are measured. Birth rate and Mortality rate.
    • Then Bai Lu went to the game. Mu Sicheng was shocked why did this lunatic go in. Bai Lu said that he is curious about the data of the player who cleared the game that the system deleted. It gave him a hunch that the deeper he went to find out more, the more profit it is.
    • Mu Sicheng was anxious before he followed Bai Lu to the game. He cursed this man saying that he had never entered the game without preparing for anything.
    • After the two of them disappeared, four players appeared who had oil paint on their faces. They are puppets who have been controlled by the Puppet Master. They talked about if Bai Lu is in the game.
    • The Puppet Master, Zhang Kui pitied him, saying that even if he didn't attack him, he would likely die because it's a level two game. A waste of talent, he wanted Bai Lu to become one of his puppets. Then they all went to the game.
    • Du Sanying who looks like a student opened his management panel. Which he is now third place on Nova Ranking, surpassing Mu Sicheng who's in fourth place.
    • This man has 100% of luck today. The system said that it's better to choose in his intuition.
    • Du Sanying picked the game where Bai Lu, Mu Sicheng, and the other small antagonists were in. Normally, he felt that he would be lucky every time he chooses a game. However, today he felt that choosing the game will make him work his ass off.
    • After they all went to the game, seven screens lit up in the main hall. The system introduced the players to the game.
    • Wang Shu, who saw Bai Lu's performance in his first game. Shocked seeing the players who entered the game with Bai Lu.
    • He was in denial, saying that the fourth and the third in the Nova Ranking List as well as the Puppet Master we're in the same multiplayer game with Bai Lu.
    • ”This is for the immortals to fight...” Is what Wang Shu said.

Looks like Bai Lu’s luck is indeed zero percent, two players in the top rankings and one player with his puppets wanting to get Bai Lu to become his puppet. Yikes.

7. Dearest_Reader

Dearest_Reader 【I, Who Mewls In The Distance】【The Lazy Traveler】

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh and currently, there are four game arcs in total:
    1. Sirens Town 1 - 30 Chapters
    2. Last Bus Train 40 - 68 Chapters
    3. Charity Love Welfare 81 - 129
    4. Rose Factory 158 - ???

They are incredibly long, I wonder if the author is planning to make this novel over 5, 000 chapters.

8. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    There seems to be a relation with RL too. The burst train for eg is based on a real life incident where
    two thieves smuggled in a bomb to threaten the train people. Unfortunately the bomb was unstable and burst suddenly causing a lot of deaths.

But what MC notices is that the RL incident happened only this year whereas the game copy has existed for many years. He infers that the game copy they r playing, once it reaches some set standard the system is looking for, it will super impose on RL. So is RL real or just another copy?

Oh and small spoiler - MC triggers NPC God Boss (the bug lmaooo) even in this level and to complete his monster book page, asks this one to attack him again. At this point he only has 1 HP left and it seems obvious that he will die. But the NPC instead lightly bites his lips (KISS KISS KISS)causing 0.5 HP damage and MC comes out alive.

MC taught ML to kiss in Arc 1 and I am sure it's going to bite him in the ass

Between Arc 2 & Arc 3
    In RL his police friend comes to him for help. It's an orphanage abuse case. Many children were found poisoned by mushrooms and die after coming to the hospital. Only one girl survives and she is one of Arc 2 player's little sister. She is blind. The corpses of the dead children though look as if they died before reaching the hospital which is causing a lot of confusion.

MC and Mu Ke go to take a look around the orphanage and MC finds his photo as a 14 year old, his drawings and a doll looking remarkably like himself in the orphanage even though he has never stepped inside before.

The police friend also finds MC's name in a list of missing children which the Dean later confirms to have died.

MC believes he is seeing the effects of the game copy. Basically, in the future he will go to the game copy and maybe become younger and play and maybe lose the game copy and die. But it doesn't make sense coz if 14 year old MC died, the 24 year old MC shouldn't me alive now.

Arc 3
    MC goes to game copy. Some zombie guild have sent their best players (cannibals) to assassinate MC and have announced it too. Their goal is the mirror shards that MC got in Arc 2 and his NPC level weapons. MC is searching for a copy to go in and the only one that looks good is tah dah dah the welfare orphanage one.

Problem is that he cannot choose one of the older copies coz most already have either gone through it/ know about it, so the senior players who want to kill him will find it very easy.

On the other hand, this orphanage copy is new with no info.

MC, Mu Ke, the player from Arc 2 and his sister (who is 8 years old), the two cannibals and one more is sent to the game copy.

twistingfeelings likes this.
  9. Darkness7913

Darkness7913 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • Rose Factory 158 - 221
    • Ice Dome 246 - 265:
      Meets spades for the first time, and exits the game without gaining anything
    The next few games after Rose Factory were just brushed by since they needed to earn the right to enter the tournament...

But the thing that frustrates me are the several individuals with memories from other timelines (we get to see them in the other timelines)... is really taking too much space! I'm reading for MC, but the intro's for these individuals are really ticking me off for being too long... there are about 3 individuals, if I counted correct.. or maybe 4, I'm not sure if the 4th had memories of those though... the clown doesn't count since his dreams were instilled by someone...[/spoiler]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    Dragon_Reader likes this.
  10. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm kinda disturbed by that Tang police man.

I know Bai Liu in other timeline was a smuggler kind of and the only believer of the evil god. BUT he is, as he said, is only the smuggler and a way to integrate the things inside the game faster. Bai Liu, in no way, was the one who made the game, at most, the rose scent was most likely an item in the game that previous Bai Liu won.

However, this Tang guy was acting as if, if Bai Liu was stopped, everything would end, that Bai Liu, regardless if he already played the instance, know the antidote to the rose scent.

And I find it kind of illogical obsession.

He was an old player, he should at least somehow figure out that the game instances gets to be reflected into the real world. If he wanted to stop it, he should have entered the rose instance early, or even the orphanage. Ok, maybe he couldn't find the game as not all of them are repeated but still, he should know that those items are part of the game and he found the current Bai Liu thru the tv and should have watched all of his current play.

I could understand how he is obsessed with fighting Bai Liu as he was played in all those timelines but I just find him too idiotic for a veteran how he was fixed about the rose antidote from Bai Liu. Bai Liu might have smuggled the instance item but the assimilation of the rose instance to reality is part of the system game. If he was stopping Bai Liu for smuggling, I could somehow understand, but was already acting as if Bai Liu was the one releasing the scent at the current timeline. Gosh I think I'm already talking in circle.

Unless I just missed a plot point wherein it was said that the game was really made by the evil god that Bai Liu was serving.

Lastly, he played in the league with Bai Liu but the current Bai Liu is only in his first few weeks. He also said that 'in five years Bai Liu team was matured', but then he said that his deputy lived longer than he should be in the game. So maybe Bai Liu entered later in the game compare to before? But that would make it so that Jingyi was way too young in previous timelines. Anyway, my head is hurting because of the timeline so I'll just take it as it was mix of facts from different timelines.

That being said, they should have played many games more than the rose instance so I just really find him disturbing that he was most fixed on this as if it will end all.

Because of this, I can't read the rose arc in one go. If someone could spoil or explain, please give some guidance.

Lilazeaf, teagsho and tonguelasher like this.
  11. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nevermind, they are getting played by some higher up like some kind of chess. It even seems like some games that MC played are predetermined. The world is in parallels and the previous counterparts can be said not to be our current cast. Except for those who jumped to other timeline, I believe everyone else are different people. It's both annoying and sad.

teagsho likes this.
  12. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    This has suddenly gotten very SCP-esque.

13. Darkness7913

Reading List:
    Link
    • Dense forest border 273 -312 (war: government vs indigenous ppl)

The viewers watching the broadcasts seems to have become nonexistent all of a sudden...:blobconfused:
    Guh... It seems like Spades is the human version of ML, without a cinch of memories:blobsleepless:... I'm glad MC isn't like other MC's where they obsessively chase or pursue the ML who lacks memories... MC was like meh, come what may... ML still seems to retain his prev characteristics though, such as being a piece of blank paper in other aspects of life...
    ML's god level wandering NPC form was deleted/removed, and so was the things he gave MC in order for ML to protect MC:blob_teary:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    teagsho and Dragon_Reader like this.
  14. timefigment

timefigment Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will Daniel join Bai Liu? I just read ch 222, and felt what happened to the guy was just sad. He's just being used :blob_teary:
    It looks like he'll be an antagonist, but I wish he'll end up joining Bai Liu like that Tang guy

15. Darkness7913

Reading List:
    Link
    He ends up joining a different guild but instills MC's weapon with a part of his weapon during reforging (which is needed to make the weapon stronger), then instilled his memories to Mu Ke (so that a part of him will be with mc)

16. Lilempress

Lilempress Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's Daniel???

17. Enna

Enna Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read a spoiler about the ML will... go over Bai Liu bottom line (should be a feat, i must say) and Bai Liu will cruelly punish him. Does anyone knows what the ML did and how Bai Liu punishes him? (im a sucker for spoilers, unfortunately 〒▽〒)

Yuukiyuki likes this.
  18. timefigment

timefigment Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Been reading mtl, so my understanding is a bit skewed and I might remember things wrong, but I think it's the one where
    Bai Liu and Spades went into the same instance (the ice one) where to get the true end, they must destroy the ML's heart. Bai Liu didn't want Spades to destroy ML's heart, so he replaced his heart with ML's and had a bunch of his copies made. This way, Spades would be confused and not get to ML's heart, but Bai Liu would die and became one of the instance's monster. Spades still managed to rescue Bai Liu and destroyed Bai Liu's whip during their fight (which was given by ML).

After Bai Liu returned to reality to stop what happened in the ice instance happening in reality, ML appeared and basically killed himself (I think ML burned his own heart?), so Bai Liu won't have any weakness that the current evil god could use to control him. Then, the game announced that the god-level wondering npc (ML) has been destroyed.

But ML isn't exactly dead as Spades is actually ML's body(?) if I remember correctly. Basically, ML was punished to be trapped in the game. His soul became the god level wondering npc, the body became Spades. Spades has no memory of Bai Liu btw, unlike Tawil who knew even memories which Bai Liu had forgotten.

Bai Liu already has his suspicion about Spades from way before. And in this one arc, they went into the same instance. They were all lovey-dovey until Bai Liu betrayed Spades. Bai Liu accepted the current evil god's power even though he's unhappy about it since he knew if he has to be stronger if he wanted to help ML. Spades destroyed the plan, and Bai Liu got even more pissed. He's been ignoring Spades since then. But in the most recent chapter (372) he kissed Spades voluntarily.

teagsho, Zerckil and twistingfeelings like this.
  19. Enna

Enna Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank u. ≧◡≦

20. Ann99

Ann99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read some spoilers which says the MC gets molested by the Hunter guy? It's kind of a hard limit for me, can someone spoil it?