Spoiler History at the library

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Deleted member 262282, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Avery Very

Avery Very Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for your many spoiler @overtanned :bloblove:

agathe likes this.
  2. chefcheese

chefcheese Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!

3. aliceyriz

aliceyriz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read all you're spoiler post, thank you very much! :blobicecreamlove: and may I know what was grand duke secret? In basement?

4. overtanned

overtanned Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like your question, it's actually the question I have been waiting for people to ask me all the time. You're the first to ask while everyone else seem to missed that part.

If my memory is not mistaken, the basement in his mansion has a secret door to "No man's land". So, it turns out that the Grand Duke of Black is not a serial killer nor Jack The Ripper, but actually the anonymous ruler of that said No man's land, so it was basically an area in the kingdom but untouched by the law there, so there are many criminals, outlaws, etc (you know the dark community there, It's like the deep web version).

Anyways, so the Grand Duke as the ruler there actually, is kind of El Mafioso or Yakuza. He's like the kingpin there. It fits The description before that if his brother is the sun, then the grand duke is the moon, who controls the dark side, a.k.a the underground world. That's why he sometimes leaves his castle at night to work there.

So, the Grand Duke didn't want MC to know that he was the kingpin of that said underground community. He wanted MC to know him as the perfect bachelor, a scholar and nobleman. He tried really hard to hide it, but Vivian eventually knows (I forgot how she knows xD). And she was so relieved that he was not some sort of Jack the Ripper like she's been worrying all the time. She was sort of like, oh so you're a yakuza, thats fine, I thought you were Jack the Ripper kinda like that.

5. Manimanga

Manimanga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoilers. Do they eventually get married? Ay kids in the future?

6. Svaril_sup_doma

Svaril_sup_doma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @overtanned thanks for all the spoilers you post!
    I've updated this novel thread so many times hoping for spoilers, but there were always none, so I somewhat gave up... But today I was amazed at the number of them! I adore you!
    I have a few questions:
    1. When Vivian publishes her novel, will she change her original ending? (Cordell and Julian).
    2. will Vivian have another suitor. (even if it won't be long).
    3. Will something happen to Vivian's uncle? I mean some kind of retribution? How will he react to Vivian starting a relationship with the Duke.
    4. How will the servants in the Duke's castle treat Vivian?
    And maybe I have some other questions, but I can't articulate them... ahaha So I'd love it if you could write some sketches of the main characters' lives.
    And by the way, are there any examples of dialogue between the Duke and Vivian when he reads the novel that Vivian is writing in his castle? The labors of them working together :D

Ariary, BlackSkullKid and sepheddy like this.
  7. UhHuhHoney

UhHuhHoney Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What was the growling sound? Did he have a pet or something?

solivagantsoul likes this.
  8. overtanned

Reading List:
    Link
    I like your questions, you do read well enough to notice the missing parts that I've not covered up yet.
    1. She eventually publishes her novel, as far as I remember, it was not stated publicly the ending was changed or not. But, since Vivian promised to the Emperor that she can change the ending if Emperor Julian learns how to treat Cardell well and make her love him, Duke Bronn the jerk was dead, so canonwise, it was hinted that the Ending of the novel indeed was changed. The epilogue do states that the novel was best selling, everyone lives happily ever after, Emperor Julian didn't kill Vivian because of the novel ending right? Oh, and she was writing another novel (this time the novel about her and Grand Duke I suppose, (kinda forgot the details too).
    2. No. At the time of the story, both Vivian and Grand Duke are singles and don't have any suitor. No competitors at all. Vivian too. Well, back then when Vivian was still young and lives with her Uncle's family, it was stated that her Uncle is trying to find a suitor for her since she has pretty face, but she didn't want to be sold off to some unknown guy, so she ran from her Uncle's house and never yet return. To make a living working as a night librarian, she swears loyalty to Emperor's family by wearing a chastity ring.
    3. Vivian's Uncle was dead. He was executed because turns out he was an ally of Duke Bron trying to rebel against the royal family. She didn't have any living blood related family when she officially have relationship with Grand Duke.
    4. The servants in the Grand Duke's castle treats Vivian really well with respect and never treat her badly. Although Grand Duke only states that Vivian is a guest in his castle, but it's like everybody knows that Vivian is his girlfriend since Grand Duke never bring home a girl. LOL

He didn't have a pet, originally I thought that he was a werewolf, but nope. As far as I remember, it was not stated clearly what was the loud voice in the basement. Since the locked door in basement has a secret tunnel to the underground world, and Grand Duke is related to it, I think it was the process of someone being tortured, at the time being he was working to repel any threats to his brother's reign, but that was only my assumption.

9. Vinajovan

Vinajovan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers.. so at the end they just confirmed their relationship but the novel didn't end like she become grand duchess or marriage part ya.. apologize I'm just so into that kind of ending XD

Ariary likes this.
  10. overtanned

Reading List:
    Link
    Not right. The author is not evil enough to leave their relationship a total cliffhanger just like that.

Ariary, L.M.L and Vinajovan like this.
  11. Vinajovan

Vinajovan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? So they got married? Well that's lovely!

12. overtanned

Reading List:
    Link
    I think someone here misinterpret my answer before.

Anyway, for many other people who asked me (and even DM-ed me) will Vivian and the Grand Duke will be together in the end, isn't it obvious from the cover? (see below pic). But the end doesn't matter, what really matters is not about the past or future but to focus about the current events that is happening. That's what this whole novel about.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  13. alizarose

alizarose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If someone could please give me more spoilers on vivian and aidens relationship I’d really appreciate it:blobsmilehappy:

14. Lucyheart

Lucyheart Member

Reading List:
    Link
    overtanned likes this.
  15. Lilac48

Lilac48 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is so fun I'm dying... Wish I could read those parts asap

overtanned likes this.
  16. Lilac48

Lilac48 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    overtanned likes this.
  17. overtanned

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome honey

bb9eluvr, agathe and Lilac48 like this.
  18. tsumi_jns

tsumi_jns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :justabotheart: @overtanned thanks for the spoilers! I confess that I was very discouraged by the slowness of the novel, but now - with its great spoilers - I'm at peace hahahá

19. dhruhi_111

dhruhi_111 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right now 43 chapters are translated. How many chapters are there in total?

20. overtanned

Reading List:
    Link
    Original Book has only 12 chapters

chiri.ru and Ayame02 like this.