Discussion Chinese Racism in Modern Day novel's!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Denizen, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barashkafromro

barashkafromro Not well-known member.

Reading List:
    Link
    delusional people that can't get over with racism. Get over it.

2. Leachinator

Leachinator [Jedi master general] Most Special Snowflake

Reading List:
    Link
    What japan did has been done so many different times by so many different countries (including china) that singling out the Japanese as somehow especially worthy of hate is just completely fucking ridiculous.

3. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    MadHatter and FlameE like this.
  4. barashkafromro

Reading List:
    Link
    People ridiculing Chinese for their racism are racists themselves.

5. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do these threads keep popping up?

MadHatter and FlameE like this.
  6. FlameE

FlameE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I already read a novel where some woman is treated worse than sh*t, like some racism in a bunch of text will affect me...

7. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Copy paste from Wikipedia... Since I hate typing...

According to a 2014 BBC World Service Poll, Chinese people alike hold the largest anti-Japanese sentiment in the world, with 90% of Chinese people viewing Japan's influence negatively, and only 5% expressing a positive view. Anti-Japanese sentiment in China was at its highest in 2014 since the poll was first conducted in 2006 and was up 16 percent over the previous year.
    Most reasons for anti-Japanese sentiment in China can be directly traced to the Second Sino-Japanese War, which was one theatres of World War II. As a consequence of the war, China suffered 7 million to 16 million civilian deaths and 3 million military casualties. In addition, the war caused an estimated $383.3 billion USD in damage and created 95 million refugees. Manchuria came under Japanese control in 1931 as a state named Manchukuo. Many major cities thereafter, including Nanjing, Shanghai, and Beijing were occupied in 1937 by the Japanese. Notable incidents included the Nanking Massacre. In Manchuria, Unit 731, a medical unit of the Japanese army, researched biological warfare using Chinese civilians as test subjects, who were referred to as human 'logs' in the medical journals. Women from many Asian countries, including China, were made to serve as prostitutes in military brothels (and were often referred to as "comfort women") under Japanese occupation.

China refused war reparations from Japan in the 1972 Joint Communiqué. Japan gave official development assistance (ODA), amounting to 3 trillion yen ($30 billion USD). According to estimates, Japan accounts for more than 60 percent of China's ODA received. About 25 percent of the funding for all of China's infrastructure projects between 1994 and 1998 — including roads, railways, telecom systems and harbours — came from Japan.
    Japanese aid to China was rarely formally publicized to the Chinese people by the Chinese government, until Japan announced that aid was to be phased out. It was finally publicly acknowledged by Chinese premier Wen Jiabao during his April 2007 trip to Japan.[7]
    There is a perception among some Chinese that the United States, Japan, and Taiwan are attempting to contain China. Japan's more recent debate to revise Article 9, the "No War" clause, is viewed with suspicion of possible re-militarization. Anti-Japanese sentiment in China is also highlighted by the branding of several prominent Taiwanese politicians (especially those who advocate Taiwan independence) as "Japanese running dogs" by the state-run media.

From elementary school, children are taught anti-Japanese sentiment. For example, thousands of children are brought to the Anti-Japanese War Museum in Beijing by their elementary schools to view photos of war atrocities. After viewing the museum, the children's hatred of the Japanese people is reported to increase.
    Anti-Japanese sentiment can be seen in anti-Japanese war films produced and displayed in China. More than 200 anti-Japanese films are made in China each year. In one situation involving a more moderate anti-Japanese war film, the government of China banned 2000's Devils at the Doorstep, because it depicted a Japanese soldier being friendly with Chinese villagers.

Some believe that anti-Japanese sentiment in China is partially the result of political manipulation by the Communist Party of China.
    However, the Chinese government at times is also trying to cautiously cool down the anti-Japanese movement, because anti-Japanese riots and attacks have become increasingly common and there are signs showing it is going toward beyond the government's control. In 2012, during an anti-Japanese riot in Shenzhen, the crowd unsuccessfully attacked the city government's administrative building and demanded the government to declare war on Japan. According to this view, Mao Zedong and the Communist party claimed the victory against the Japanese invaders as part of their legacy. Initially, there was no need to resort to anti-Japanese sentiment because the principal enemies of the new country were the United States and later the Soviet Union.
    After the failure of the Great Leap Forward and the disruption of the Cultural Revolution, Deng Xiaoping and other leaders took the country on a path of economic development based on a market economy, without relinquishing the party's grip on political power. The government resorted to nationalism, including an appeal to the CCP's anti-Japanese credentials, to reassert its legitimacy to lead the country and defuse the inevitable tensions that would accompany rapid economic growth.
    Today, surveys have shown that anti-Japanese sentiment in China is higher among the current generation than among the Chinese who lived through the occupation of the Second Sino-Japanese War.

TLDR: Chinese hate Japanese...

BTW Japanese hate Chinese too...
    The Anti-Japanese Riots in the spring of 2005 caused more fear of China within the Japanese public. Anti-Chinese sentiments in Japan have been on a sharp rise since 2002. According to Pew Global Attitude Project (2008), unfavorable view of China was 84%, unfavorable view of Chinese people was 73%.
    [​IMG]

In Indonesia, which country suffered from brutal 3 and half year of Japanese occupation, there is also a lot of hate towards Japanese on the older generation. For example, on the region where I worked right now, the Japanese beheaded every learned men and people who formerly worked with the Dutch. Until now, the natives here like to tell about this.
    But the new generation (like me) had been pacified enough by Japanese tech and culture products (my bike is Honda :D) and truthfully, and most young people didn't really care about what happened 70 years ago. Also in some 10-20 years again, all the people from World War 2, the survivor, the victims, the perpetrator, everyone would die the same.

Rather than letting my sons and daughters carried an unreasonable hate towards living people because of dead people, I will teach them:
    "The Japanese as a Country did a lot of bad thing in the times of your great-great-great-grandfather. But you shouldn't hate them as all the bad guy had died. Some other people still hold grudges over them. But you shouldn't because the Japanese hadn't done any bad things on you. You shouldn't hate someone who hadn't wronged you.
    But if you hate USA, go ahead... People here hate USA after all..."
    (the last part is just kidding, but anti-USA sentiment in Indonesia is really high, although many people do eat in Dunkin', KFC and McD, buy iPhone, and watch Pixar movies... go figure..)

I myself hate humanity as a whole... Why do they make war with each other and not seriously conquering space... I mean rather fighting just one planet, they have the whole space to play with... Geez...

LuNaTiC, MadHatter, Anon2.0 and 4 others like this.
  8. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    people feel a conflict of conscience by reading novels like these and need other people to appease it.

MadHatter and mir like this.
  9. MiP

MiP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's wrong about ranting racism in novels? Isn't this site purpose is discussing topics of everything about eastern novels, including racism and freedom of speech.

Clozdark, mir and miles118 like this.
  10. Leachinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol i read about 70 chapters of that and i seriously couldn't figure out what people were talking about when they called it hilarious or unique or a breath of fresh air... wtf seriously?? Its the exact same shallow repetitive formula in any the copy paste cn novels they just removed the fight scenes. And what humor were they talking about??? Go read conquest or world of cultivation if you want funny.

Scarecrow likes this.
  11. lachy

lachy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I've learned in college, that's not exactly correct. China used to be split up as several kingdoms and then the kingdom in the middle conquered the other surrounding kingdoms.

12. barashkafromro

Reading List:
    Link
    China is a moderately good country. There are better countries out there, but they are only better because they are too weak and didn't have the power to do whatever is considered bad now.

13. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well...I usually lock these threads when people start calling chinese people barbarians and stuff. So annoying.

14. Leachinator

Reading List:
    Link
    I bet you have long toes. Everyone knows people with long toes are all lazy con artists and riff raff with no jobs. Why dont get off the Internet and go back to your country longtoe!

#smalltoemasterrace

15. miles118

miles118 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you do not see any manipulation in what they are doing, I am sorry.

16. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    no racist no novel go read bible there no racist in there...................................

17. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    If not us are to think what is right and what is wrong then all idiots can very well be manipulated as bitches of government.

miles118 likes this.
  19. Asian Sensation

Asian Sensation Nefas's Transcending Heavenly God Beast

Reading List:
    Link
    There was somewhere between 4 and 10 million military causalities and between 17 and 22 million civilian causalities. That's a lot of dead people, you don't just get over that. Especially considering the amount of civilians who died. The Japanese invasion force treated the Chinese as less than animals and simply slaughtered and tortured them as they pleased.

The nazis concentration camps were bad yeah, but the Japanese had similar camps where they tested all kinds of different biological weapons on their prisoners and did many different things that can only be classified as extremely cruel and imaginative torture.

Now the thing is, after WW2 every nazi was either thrown into a cell to rot for the rest of their lives or they were executed. There's also the fact that the German people were victims as well, so after 40 years there really were no hate towards German people.

The hate that the Chinese feel however, can not so easily be resolved, as such it's still here.

MadHatter likes this.
  20. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    uhhhh, I dunno about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.