"Being offended"

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kairil, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Kairil

Kairil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It just came to me that nowadays it's totally normal that everyone and her/his/its pet dog can be offended by the most simple of things, but.

It may be because of the novels we read around here, but the word "cripple" is just a word, not more. Seldom have I seen the use of more appropriate words like "handicapped".

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to whine or am, myself, offended in any way. It's just curious how humanity works, in a sense. Kind of like we'd live on that kind of earth where a pandemic hits the planet and the economy was much more important than human life. Well, seeing as we abuse our world instead of properly coexisting with it...

But well, that could go on longer than your typical xuanhuan novel.

mir, imK and Deleted member 41274 like this.
  2. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel that this topic has already gone political even though I don't understand what you are trying to say in the second paragraph.

3. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, it's not political as of yet.

Though, in case it does, I shall leave traces of my presence here.

4. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you just call me 'cripple' you little shit? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

5. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep in mind that just because you don't understand someone's way of thinking does not make their way of doing things wrong, or your way of seeing things valid. That being said, I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

6. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you just think that you could fucking fool me with that comment of yours? I've searched your name up in the Navy SEAL database and you have never even graduated BUD/S, hell, even served in the Armed Forces. If you were actually a Navy SEAL, then you actually know how to spell guerrilla, you fucking moron. And you say you are the top sniper in the entire US Armed Forces and have over 300 confirmed kills. If that were true, then why the fuck is Chris Kyle a household name and you aren't? And plus he only had 160 kills. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. Plus why the fuck would you say you have a secret network of spies yet you just revealed that you had your secret network of spies? Are you a fucking idiot? If you can kill someone seven-hundred different ways, then list them all, I bet you can't even come up with seven. And if you had access to the entire US Marine Corps arsenal, then why the fuck did you just say you were in the Navy SEALs earlier? If only you could have done your research prior to posting your little “clever” comment, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you goddamn idiot.

7. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan does not understand what you're trying to say, but that's totally fine. Ai-chan will take your thread and make it into whatever thread Ai-chan feels like making.

So yes, people get too easily offended these days. It's fine if they feel offended, but instead of walking away, they make their position known by going out of their way to insult the person who supposedly offended them. Forget the fact that the person had never heard of this offended person before and was confused about what offended the offended person.

You know, opinion is like fart. Everyone has them. But you don't have to make it heard by farting in front of a person's face. Just go to a corner and fart quietly.

8. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are Malay, so what does the Malaysian equivalent of an SJW Karen look like?

9. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    These statements offended me

10. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminds me of a chick who told me not to say retard so i proceeded to call her retarded. @HOES MAD smh

Ill fart in ur face u fart bag. Bet ull like it to ha

The sheer AUDACITY to assume this young master @Ekfreet is from the actual fucking navy . How low is your IQ anyway? Hes from our great reputable Navy Seal Sect and what he meant to say is that he has 300 confirmed "kills" aka face slappings to actual young masters of the Al Quaida Sect. Not actual fucking kills you psychopath. Ofc hes a navy Seal. How dare you insult our sea faring species like that! The audacity, ill call PETA on yo vegan ass if you make fun of his race again

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2021
    runsing, Nightow1 and ExcitableFoci like this.
  11. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  12. ToastedBread

ToastedBread Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As much as possible I avoid offending anyone especially with the words. I don't like fighting in general especially on the internet 'cause the tone is also makes up with it. There's this one time that I said "Hey, cyst!"... You know cyst...sis...sistah...she got mad. And also about this "Honorifics" there are some people who really get offended if you didn't say it correctly. The sirs, maams, they don't want that. They want doctor, attorney or etc., even though you're just a guy who accidentally bumped each other, got to experience this with a friend, said "Sorry Sir." instead he replied "No, it's Doctor for you." likeeeeee whaaat? Hahahaha, I'm not ya' patient.... Anyway, you get to experience it if youre somewhere in asia... Though some but not all... It is also due to the environment they've been brought up. So yeah, human's are complicated hahahahaha

imK and runsing like this.
  13. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    Have anyone really offended you or do you try to offend us here?:blobpeek:

14. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    ok retard

imK and runsing like this.
  15. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    George Carlin has a whole bit about this. Link below for the curious.

As for being easily offended... I have my own thoughts on that, but in the end, I find it less energy-consuming to cut contact with people who annoy me for one reason or another. No need for self-righteous tirades and twitter wars.

mir, ToastedBread and imK like this.
  16. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Er... lol just to point out, cyst is not sis, it's a "pus filled blister". Just in case you don't know why she got mad lol.

As a point of irony, I do know people who wear the Budweiser, my CSM was one of them. The media hype of SEALs is very hugely overblown. They are tough, stubborn, smart men who don't give up easily but the superhuman image that the media crafts out of them is very unrealistic.

mir and imK like this.
  17. ToastedBread

ToastedBread Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, i know. But it's a thing" where I was tho. Everyone says that to humor.

imK likes this.
  18. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    19656.png
    cripple?
    so wut is?
    sound normal stuff~

imK likes this.
  19. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Different things offend different people and that's always coloured by your own values, the kind of society you grew up in, your family, etc.

I don't find too many words particularly offensive as much as the intent. NOT aimed at you, but just giving an example: You can be an asshole without ever swearing or cussing at anyone/anything your whole life. Like the word gay. Gay originally meant happy to me. It was also a popular girl's name back in the 1950's or whatever (probably because of the meaning). Then I grew up a little more and learned it also described homosexuality. Then I got a bit older than that and got to know people using it as a slur. So it's all a matter of perspective and how you use it.

If someone told me they were crippled by anxiety, fair.
    If they pointed out someone with a disability and called them a cripple, to me that's an asshole.
    Just a POV no idea if that helps or not.

asriu, mir and Ai chan like this.