LCD I became the first prince

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by canaria23, Jan 9, 2021.

1. the_TRASH

the_TRASH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if you are talking about the Warlord arc (old) or the Overlord arc (latest), but I agree with you about the "escalation" part
    since in the latest arc, a big part of the northern soldiers are just newly drafted and they have yet again suffered casualties. But right aftetwards killing the Overlord, he didn't even breath, there is already news about the empire.. I'm not sure but it sounds trouble.
    But if you are referring to the 'Warlord arc', I think that was necessary since the southern and central nobles are too stupid. In the first place, he is just making them experience what have the Balahards suffered when they schemed with the Imperial dogs to prevent the north from receiving additional forces.

2. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am talking the overlord arc, I literally just ground to stop. the war in dotrin was already pushing my patience, with that whole "1 spell wipes out half an army" bs.

the_TRASH likes this.
  3. the_TRASH

the_TRASH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly the Dotrin part got me bit fustrated because he brought an army with him but it sounded that he mostly fought as a one-man army.

4. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah I usually have a problem dealing with stories where they opt to use the bulk of the troops as just casualties to make the various lead characters look stronger. like if one dude can kill all of your soldiers with that little effort, why the hell would you bring them to the fight to begin with. it was literally the reason I quit reading second coming of gluttony. korean stories seem to have this thing where they escalate their leading cast to such a high level of power that it simply no longer makes sense to bring regular troops to a battlefield anyways and yet they do, and then they act like levying up more to provide another wave of fodder for the next arc is somehow as simple as waving your hands. like do they even get that frequent levies at that level will cost you all of your labor pool, which means you will run out of farmers, which will lead to running out of food, and you will run out of workers, which means that building infrastructure and equipment will grind to a halt, and eventually simply annihilate the male population of that generation?

ehh.. I dunno, i guess I just see someone hand waving massive casualties like that as silly as shit, instead of cool. I should just step back and say "it's just a book meant for younger people who don't care about those things" but I can't because I am not in that demographic.

5. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I Became The First Prince is a big disappointment. The protagonist just kept getting more childish as the story wore on.
    This novel needs a comedy tag.
    If I had seen the tag, I would have avoided like the plague

I know that they want to make the King relevant but dumbing down others to do it especially the protagonist leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
    This novel is built on sand

gary0044187 likes this.