Discussion If you were transmigrated which of these three things would you rather have?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Fishy_MC_FishMan, Jan 26, 2021.

?

If you only got one which would you choose?

1. Golden Finger (Basically some sort of cheat that will give you an advantage over other people.)

23 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Destiny Juice (Meaning that you are a fated person, and various unlikely things will go your way.)

22 vote(s)
    31.9%
  3. High Talent (Your talent for whatever magic system the world has is extremely good.)

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishy_MC_FishMan

Fishy_MC_FishMan The Fishiest of Fishes

Reading List:
    Link
    If you were transmigrated, and you only got to choose one of these three things, which would you choose, and why?

2. Melodious Nocturne

Melodious Nocturne [Dance, water, dance!] [My name is Demyx!]

Reading List:
    Link
    ( ・᷄ὢ・᷅ )? Aren’t they basically all the same?

Araenn, AMissingLinguist and jubd like this.
  3. yakuzapandaz

yakuzapandaz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely destiny juice (or in another word "plot armor")

4. Magwayen

Magwayen Sedated

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Destiny Juice and High Talent are different forms of a Golden Finger.

5. Zerses

Zerses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Golden finger is more your being directly manipulated to be protag
    Destiny juice is indirect manipulation to be protag or antag
    Talent is most “free” option but depends on effort to really stand out

6. RedHead

RedHead Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Destiny juice. Tall trees get stronger winds. If I am isekai'd, I would chose definite survival rather than some kind of power or talent. You only need one screw up to get a bad end.

7. zduino

zduino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would pick talent over gold finger any day. (PTSD to plots where the finger was WAY more "sensational" then necessary)

Plot armor is boring.

8. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Golden finger is obviously the only worthwhile one... A non specific buff of your choosing vs one U are just given is much more appealing

I would ask for the comfortable life style plan package cheat, this encompasses a wide array of comfort from your most basic needs to the luxurious, all contained in your pocket dimension you can enter at leisure.

I would spin a yarn to the god/admin etc that this counts as one cheat. Otherwise I'd ask for power over molecules...

9. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The 2nd option is a big no because destiny/fate means I don't truly have free will, the outcome is set in stone.

The 1st option could have a disadvantage involved such as being too overspecialized in something or possible drawbacks. It also makes me feel the most guilt since I have something that no one can ever get.

The third option seems the best because there are less disadvantages as long as I avoid confrontations, keep to myself, and work as a gardener or florist where no one will notice me. Also important to keep up to date on any news of world-ending threats or any protagonist-like individuals or someone who even remotely says a single word that sounds vaguely like Japanese, Korean, or Chinese because I know I would be found dead the next day according to the plot.

10. Liedral

Liedral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really wavered between #2 and #3.
    Yea having high talent is really nice, but you still need opportunities to get training manuals and opportunities. Even if you're the best talent if you don't know the correct ways to train, you'll only use a fraction of that potential. #2 On the other hand makes sure that you do get those opportunities... On the other hand.... #2 is gonna make you stand out even when you don't want to.

I choose High talent... might use a fraction of that potential but least I won't have a big target posted on my head.

11. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No guilt, I choose golden finger... And your way of doing things just makes having an advantage pointless, just make pepper spray if ya just gonna go into hiding... Only golden finger ensures you live your life as you please without fear of anything.

12. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would really depend on the Golden Finger and the world you're transmigrated into. Apocalyptic? Then a Magical Planting/Time-freezing space would be highly desirable. Even better, an artifact that refines and strengthens all physical and reactionary aspects of the body using zombie nuclii would be great since they'd be everywhere and you could keep a low profile if you didn't have some other flashy ability that drew attention.

Anywhere else? Talent would be desirable, provided that you had some place to get instruction to make use of it.

Destiny Juice would be highly problematic. You'd essentially be "may you live in interesting times" cursed. It's great if you had the ability to be a cockroach and grow stronger, but you'd need the awareness and mental agility to notice and make use of all opportunities to exploit situations properly or be trampled.

13. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's say you got Usain Bolts ability... But he worked hard to get to that level, however if his legs get seriously injured to the point he can't run anymore what then? There's other limitations to consider... Age, eventually you will peak... Then decline...what then? Be a teacher? You don't need to be Usain Bolt to teach technique... Golden finger can exceed talent

14. amaliajun

amaliajun [Gloomy White Cat]

Reading List:
    Link
    Between Golden Finger or High Talent.
    Because the form of Golden Finger varied, it's still got some leeway with how you do things but it's much easier to go to the top. High Talent will definitely depend on hard work to go big, but when I'm not that ambitious, this is perfect to get by without being too eye catching and live a relaxed life.
    Destiny Juice is practically a disaster because you're on the fate's palm. From various works I read that touched about this, most didn't have good past or good ending. So... No, thank you.

15. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    I choose the 2nd option. I can at least be prepared before everything goes wrong. So maybe I can get a better ending.

16. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How many Isekais out there, where fate got asswhupped? Or where fates graces someone else more than you? Also fate doesn't mean a HE... There's a well written scribble hub story called 'Relevance And A World Flying Off The Tracks' it's literally about fighting fate, it's completed as well go read it if your willing...

you shoulda added Mary Sue...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2021
  17. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    Hehe~ actually I'm not into Isekai novels. So basically I don't know which one is the best.:blobpats:

18. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You only need to think which option gives you the best outcome.

19. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    The first isn't for me, cause I do not like to cheat.
    3rd one is boring cause ya'll be an OP ass****.

20. Fishy_MC_FishMan

Fishy_MC_FishMan The Fishiest of Fishes

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. I guess they are all the same in that they are all advantages you'd have over most of the people in the world if that's what you mean.
    Interesting point. I guess it depends on the definitions being used. Anyways for this question at least they should be separated out.
    Would that mean a personality change I wonder. Mary Sues are usually described as perfect, but I know my personality is not that.

Magwayen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.