Spoiler A Villainess’ Revenge Is Sweeter Than Honey

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by diphylleia, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Deleted member 265239

Deleted member 265239 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone please drop spoiler hereee...
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

Dvenger and HanoriSarah like this.
  2. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m really curious about this story. Don’t get me wrong I think the ML is worse than actual garbage but doesn’t mean I’m not interested in reading it. I read somewhere that the ML misunderstood something about the FL, that’s all I could find pertaining to spoilers. If someone has the raws please message me

3. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, reading the description piqued my interest and was expecting a good revenge and story but I come here and find out it all goes to shit:blobpopcorn_two: but...lol I'm still interested to know what happens so...Spoilers pls!:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

UneAmeSolitaire and Wapdyne like this.
  4. illysillymilly

illysillymilly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL this comment tho under one of the chapters that's still up HAHAHA.

[​IMG]
    I yelled, I tell you.. yelled.
    :blobjoy: :blobjoy: :sweating_profusely:

5. Arekushieru

Arekushieru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry but I just find it rather odd that readers haven't guessed why we continue to get stories like this: when, well, y'know, complaining about how a victim is supposed to act and expecting women to have no flaws while a man can be as flawed as all get out to still be considered strong, are precisely the real world experiences that authors draw from to write their stories. In other words the authors can write a male character who is basically evil to the bone but then give him a tragic backstory and immediately most people will sympathize with him. However write any kind of female character and if, on her path to redemption, that character is shown to have one single flaw readers will attack her (unfortunately I will never be a fan of characters like Su Luxia precisely because they have no apparent flaws and thus just seem rather mediocre and flat because of their weak characterization) even if that 'flaw' is based on a contradiction. Given that, it's not only clear why the authors believe that male characters are the most important part to any development of a story but also why they feel they don't need to care about their female characters so much. So I'm not surprised that we're getting these kinds of stories at all personally.
    Nope. Most revenge stories are MORE like that than NOT. The abuse the FL suffered is equated to a 'mere' misunderstanding and she's pressured to forgive her abuser because the abuser had 'reasons' and/or 'tragic past'. A refreshing take would be a revenge story where the FL takes revenge on the people who hurt her DESPITE the fact people are pressuring her to forgive the trash ML OR how she feels about him.

Besides there is one like what you describe and it proves my point that, no, it does not make them the same as MLs who treat innocent people like sh!t without observable evidence. Naughty Reborn Cute Wife. She hallucinated that it was the ML who was the one who cut out her heart. But she had no reason to believe she was given a hallucinatory drug. But, again, if she had believed any of the reasons she had been given and it HAD turned out he was the one who killed her, readers would have condemned HER not the ML, because obviously 'reasons' aren't good enough for readers when it comes to FLs showing mercy, even though they are good enough for them to defend the ML's actions. That's exactly how it's so often been portrayed in-story too given how fiction is only an exaggerated reflection of reality.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    Eelillya, Dvenger, X1I1 and 11 others like this.
  6. LazuliBean

Reading List:
    Link
    Veryhungryreader likes this.
  7. Deleted member 294510

Deleted member 294510 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is getting manhwa adaptation

LazuliBean, your crush and Wapdyne like this.
  8. LazuliBean

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know the artist who is doing the adaptation?

Deleted member 294510 likes this.
  9. Deleted member 294510

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly nope, there is no revelation of the artist or any snippets of the art

10. Maggserrano

Maggserrano Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just saw that , I'm really surprised that this novel became a manwha given the terrible reviews that this work has, both on Kakaopage and on ridibooks has bad ratings

11. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's 'i want to be you, just for a day/your throne' where the MC starts taking revenge on the other woman (from her POV she reaalllyyyyy did her dirty) but then she realizes the other woman's reasoning and forgives her and now everyone is politicking around the real villain and getting some amazing character development.

12. Deleted member 294510

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm worried about the artist....will they get anything from this project

13. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The manhwa got pre-released in Japan
    1CF73727-CC73-4CD4-8907-16A56F1D7A25.jpeg
    https://www.comico.jp/comic/7535

9E7B4B3E-87BA-4049-B48C-476CA0822599.jpeg 727EC5D9-B2CF-4007-B907-CD534B5C9A5D.jpeg wait am I seeing this right??? the Emperor has blonde hair and the guy in the novel cover has black hair, so all this time we thought the Emperor is the male lead when he isn’t ???

14. Deleted member 294510

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh god pls I hope so the guy is black haired tho we would have a big F moment but I really don't mind

Wait I just realised the novel cover has black haired man....so that means we were really blind

15. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    The user got no chill :blobjoy:

I hope the Manwha would've changed the Male Lead. I sincerely hope!

Either the cover (novel) had the second male lead or the manwha author have just drawn the characters differently.

Alanif_7. and Ophelia_Hecate like this.
  16. LazuliBean

Reading List:
    Link
  17. flowers_bloom

flowers_bloom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I skipped over to the epilogue lakias/rakias is the ml and he becomes the emperor with Alexandra as his empress, so the novel cover deffo is rakias and not the emperor cleo

hika21, Melita_H, Assassel and 16 others like this.
  18. Maggserrano

Maggserrano Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow thanks for share this information , but I'm still surprised , if the emperor is not the male lead Why this novel have a lot bad ratings? . And also for me is a surprise that this novel become a manwha considering the disgusting of the koren readers comments and reviews for this .

19. maenochka

maenochka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm real curious about that, too tbh. Did they want Cleo to be the ML, maybe????

Alanif_7. likes this.
  20. LazuliBean

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay I’m so curious now, knowing that the ML isn’t Cleo, her trash husband, how come people hated it?

I read a couple reviews saying that it took her awhile to abandon Cleo fully and the writing was very immature.