Spoiler Juliet / Juliet, This Is Not Kansas!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    xxlarge.jpeg

Description:

Why did Shakespeare give the main character in the play the name Juliet?

My life would have been much smoother if the title of that damn tragedy was <Romeo and Britney> !

Juliet Holiday, a high school student in Kansas, was a bit annoyed by her unusual name, but she had a relatively normal day.

Until Romeo transferred to school.

“Hi, nice to meet you like this. I'm Romeo.”

From Romeo Buchanan, the owner of a fateful name,
    to Gray Holt, a quarterback in the football club, to Luke Shearbold, her childhood friend.

Juliet's school life is becoming more and more chaotic due to the constantly changing relationship.

Male protagonist 1: Romeo Buchanan- British male student who suddenly transfers to Kansas. He has a name that is as rare as Juliet. He gets close to Juliet while on a school introduction tour.

*Male protagonist 2: Gray Holt- American football quarterback player. When he was a child, he had pulled Juliet's hair and made fun of her name. Begins to show Juliet an unexpected aspect of him in American history class.

*Male Protagonist 3: Luke Shearbold- A mixed-race Korean childhood friend who lives next door to Juliet. They have been together since childhood, but as Luke goes to science high school, a strange sense of distance and tension with Juliet blooms.

*Female protagonist: Juliet Holiday-A delightful Kansas high school student with bright red ginger hair. A new transfer student comes to the high school that was peaceful, and relationships with friends around him change.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    your crush and Rylee56059 like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
  5. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than Shakespeare, shouldn’t she complain about her parents who gave her that name?

6. RikaHirai1125

RikaHirai1125 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the manhwa was just released in ridibooks. ♥

[​IMG]

true.. why is it that Shakespeare was involve in her personal matters? :D

Our Female Lead
    [​IMG]

Romeo - 1st Protagonist (British transfer student)
    [​IMG]

Gray - 2nd Protagonist (Football Player)
    [​IMG]

Luke - 3rd Protagonist (Childhood Friend)
    [​IMG]

7. raniable

raniable Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The real ML of this is Luke, Juliet's childhood friend and the black-haired one:aww:

8. Silverriver

Silverriver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so I done reading it. anyone want a spoiler feel free to ask me

Ilana likes this.
  9. Ilana

Ilana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ooooh please give us the highlights

10. Rin.rinaaa

Reading List:
    Link
    What are the main characters' personalities and background stories? In Ridi, they only provided a short description about them.

11. Silverriver

Reading List:
    Link
    basically for me its like a teenager novel, maybe a young adult.
    what make me kinda suprise, is how the writer doesnt seem like korean, well she is korean buttt I think she is grown up in america. because when I read it, Its seems like a novel you can find on goodread list, similiar vibe for me like fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.

a very brief highlight, this is a reverse harem novel. so all three men are absolutely perfect in their own way.
    Romeo is crazy rich,gentleman
    Gray is fun,charming, and had the same music taste like juliet. (there a scene where they do carpool karaoke which is soo cute.)
    Luke our ML is cool,kind,and just feel like home
    Romeo is a transfer from Eton School in England. He moved to kansas and lived with his step brother. Romeo was described kinda as a rebel because he didn't want his life to be controlled by his grandfather and family and that one of the reason why he choose to leave eton and move to basic school in kansas.
    Romeo comes from a very rich family. very, very rich where he has many mansions in various countries. He also always dresses fashionable with branded clothes.
    Gray is Juliet's school friend since childhood. they are always on the same school until high school. When they were small, Gray often bullied Juliet, but over time Juliet got used to it and didn't really care about it. but in high school gray never bullied her again I think.
    Gray is the leader of the American football team in their school. He began to get close with Juliet because they were in the same group in American history subjects. where as a condition to get a college scholarship, all of Gray's grades must be A. So Gray works diligently to complete the task with Juliet.
    Luke is Juliet's neighbor (half asian). their houses are next door even their bedroom windows are facing each other. Juliet, Gray and Luke always attend the same school, until Luke's High School chooses a private school in Kansas City which is 1 hour from his house. actually it is a school with boarding but luke chooses to commute by car every day.
    Luke often goes to Juliet's house, because Juliet has a high-end computer in her room, and Luke is majoring in IT, so he often borrows Juliet's computer. and because they are childhood friends, they are free to go in and out of each other's house or room

12. Rin.rinaaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Luke being the ML esp. a childhood friend from the MC is not something typical in stories like these, I was expecting Romeo to be the ML tho. This piece of info is actually interesting. Can you elaborate the development of Juliet and Luke's relationship from friends to lovers?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    your crush likes this.
  13. Silverriver

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah right, at first i also thought juliet would end up with romeo.

Juliet has been friends with Luke since they were little. little juliet always chased luke because she wanted to be close to him, but luke always acted cold and rejected her. Until when Luke's father died while serving in the military, Luke, who was closed and unable to mourn properly, received consolation from Juliet, who was stay faithful by his side.
    actually luke always liked juliet, but he didn't dare to express it and instead showed it by being cold to her.

they continued to be friends until the story began when they were in high school. Luke chose a different school from Juliet because he likes IT, so he went to an all-boys IT school in Kansas City.

juliet met with gray and romeo, while luke could only hear the story of what happend between her and the boys from juliet. although he was jealous but he felt he had no right to it.

The trouble between the two started when Juliet often didn't tell her what had happened to her. Luke was calm at first, but the more it happened the more he felt that Juliet had become distant to him. until juliet gets angry and asks why he cares so much. Luke replies that he likes her by accident.

Their relationship became awkward, but over time Juliet, who was close to Gray, began to miss Luke. until she realized that luke was the one she really wanted. (lots of details here, I don't know how to tell.)

her mother is a book translator and a big fan of Shakespeare. lol, she should blame her mother for real

your crush, Aron Dare and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  14. Rin.rinaaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler by the way :blobpopcorn_cool:

Here are my additional questions based from the spoiler you gave on this thread

1. Did Juliet and Luke end up dating during the last parts of the novel or did it occur midway?
    2. Did Gray and Romeo like Juliet romantically? or do they just treat her as a friend?
    3. How did the awkwardness got resolved and when did both of them start resolving their awkward relationship?
    4. Was there an epilogue to the novel or a side story where it shows what happened to the leads after the events of the novel?

15. Silverriver

Reading List:
    Link
    her mother is a book translator and a big fan
    1. they date almost at the end, but side story full of they college story. I love the side story, you'll know what kind of boyfriend luke is from there. kekeke
    2. they like juliet romantically. juliet even become romeo first love, and she is gray first kiss (when they are kids)
    3. there a point where luke and juliet became so distant and awkward with each other, then juliet being sick. luke stay up all night taking care of her.
    4.my answer on number 1. you got a little glimpse of romeo on SS but no gray there. Im kinda sad :(((

Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  16. Rin.rinaaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh that's really sad indeed. I kinda wish that maybe there would be more interactions with the leads and how they moved on with their own lives in the side stories but it seems like the author focused on our main pair which is ok but still... :blob_teary:

Anyways, did Luke become a sweet and kind boyfriend to Juliet or did he interact with her just like when they were still friends? and also what happened to Romeo after? did he also have his own happy ending?

17. Silverriver

Reading List:
    Link
    no, they turned out to be a couple in general. they are jealous of each other, so cute. luke in particular becomes possessive and is willing to do anything for juliet.

romeo became a famous actor like what he wanted