Recommendations In which humans are bottom feeders

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by The Hamster Overlord, Jan 29, 2021.

1. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    In fantasy we often get all those awesome races that can basically live forever and have super powerful abilities, or are super weak but come in super huge numbers, but, for some reason, humans (with the conditions of middle ages nonethess) are usually placed as some kinds of overlords of the planet, which is not just weird, it's unnatural.
    Admittedly, my eager dislike for humankind as a hamster supremacist is also playing a role in this desire, but the abovementioned argument still holds.
    So, recommend me a fantasy novel in which humans are consistently are treated as lesser beings by other sapient races. And I mean, no mc's coming over and starting a revolution, just have humans stay down the whole story

Villager Anonymous and otaku31 like this.
  2. erowarrior

erowarrior Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried to find one but failed. Give up.

3. armad224

armad224 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    The Hamster Overlord likes this.
  4. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah doubt you're going to find one unless you count Overlord where humans get fucked over pretty often.

Plus those awesome races have 1 kid every few hundred years while a fantasy peasant family has 3 to 8 within 20 year period. As a rodent you should know the power of numbers.

Superioreos likes this.
  5. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The EarthCent Ambassador series by E.M Foner
    General Concept - A race of highly intelligent AI force Humanity to join the greater galactic universe for unknown reasons while placing Humanity under their protection because Humanity HAS no chance of handling any of the other sapient races in the various galaxies. The MC is Human Ambassador at the main AI Space station. On the surface the whole series is a heartwarming comedy of Humans bumbling about and finding their place in the greater galaxy however
    You find out the AI's are using humanity to help grow their young into different beings. You also find out that all the other species live for thousand upon thousands of years and only look at Humanity with pity. Humans barely have any agency at all in this story as they're constantly being manipulated by the AI including who they end up marrying.

6. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Rise of humanity (Emperor of human way)
    While MC lives in the sect that being protected by one strong human. The one who lives outside often treated poorly (only mention or shown rarely)
    Human in this series once a superior being till one day, a certain god decided to seal human bloodline and cause human being weakened.

Kinda drop around after MC decide to leave the planet..

7. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 to Overlord, but that’s because nazarick denizen’s own anything elsr, can be human, dragon or whatever.

Spirit Realm may fit your criteria. MC isn’t human, female lead ... well no spoilers. Humans aren’t completely weak, but they’re far from upper side of power.

MC will give humanity a power up if i’m not wrong, so maybe isn’t what you’re looking for.

As a plus there’s some coherent ruthless in this novel. Not stupid ruthless as Against the Gods but no imbecile pacifist as sovereign of three realms

8. AbsoluteNothingness

AbsoluteNothingness Lumen De Aurora

Reading List:
    Link