Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3 give me traumatic because of ending. Chapter 4 make me disappointed in it. Now I am dropped this manga. Author lost idea and she/he is ruined manga.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  2. Titan0fPower

Titan0fPower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    >is yuri
    Instead we're getting baited. I see this as an absolute loss.

Ubik, Moonpearl and Yandere Devil like this.
  3. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh... Glad I didn't get around to reading it yet. The anthology title is such a lie.

I saw someone say that the Japanese fans said the 5th chapter is the worst of all, so it looks like there's nothing more to gain from this collection.

It's an anthology made by multiple mangaka, it's just that, somehow, barely a single one could commit to making yuri?

4. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    No, Chapter 1 were great, they ran away together
    upload_2021-1-26_13-32-12.jpeg
    upload_2021-1-26_13-32-23.jpeg
    upload_2021-1-26_13-32-31.jpeg
    upload_2021-1-26_13-32-47.jpeg
    upload_2021-1-26_13-33-0.jpeg

5. Riptide01

Riptide01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fallen Gods (series) by S.D Simper somewhat fits what you're looking for. The FL is an undead elf vampire thing that has been around for eons while the MC is an innocent young mage who has powers of her own. FL is very yandere, very possessive, and basically corrupts the innocent MC until she's unrecognizable. She uses the MC's love for her to twist and guilt the MC into doing things for her. There is quite a bit of gore in it as well, with people get skinned alive and stitched back together, withered ears as necklaces, and all the good horror stuff you could want. It's an ongoing series with I believe the last installment coming out in 2021/2022. You can read it for free if you have Kindle Unlimited (which you can always get a free 1-2 months trial of).

There's also The one who eats monsters by Casey Matthews. This one is where the MC is the old monster/deity and it's more about the MC trying to understand why she's fallen in love with a mortal girl. The MC kicks-ass, super-strong, and super scary. She basically stalks the FL and gives the FL ptsd. Also available to read on Kindle Unlimited.

6. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bring some stuff:
    当大魔头变成小可爱
    The Devil becomes A Cutie
    XianXia, mc and fl both very cruel.
    Double attack.
    Fl was killed by someone pretending to be mc, mc junior sister. Mc found out and abolish junior sister cultivation, and went back in time. Mc took fl in as her apprentince
    Btw I see mc is phoenix and fl is qilin but its double heroine.

Hey this one raws completed
    反派觉醒计划
    Villainess Awakening Project
    Made by writer of asura girl, basically mc is a system and host is villainess corresponding 7 deadly sin but she didn't want to bother ti be villainess.

白莲花掉马修罗场
    White Lotus in Asura Field
    Written by same author of canon fodder self help manual
    Basically mc has a system, its just... Unreliable. Thankfully the world is entertainment circle, mc was good idol back then but she has hit company. In this life, she finally can use her real talent.

顶级渣女
    Top Scum Girl
    Mc gacha bound to a system, got a scum system
    Zhan Qinghuan: ???
    This system actually kinda atonement for mc
    Mc secondary task is always 100 favorability and rejected fl when she proposs to compleye scum task

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  7. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    AsianessPride likes this.
  8. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, yeah I mtl this one.

So FL was someone who practice the devil cultivation because she grew up poor and week without any other choice. While Mc is a genius prized cultivator who focus on that and nothing else. In this world, there exist something called the red string of fate which connect two people together who are destined to be together. FL fell in love with Mc, even willing to stop doing the devil cultivation to be with her. For 5 years she stood guard at the bottom of Mc’s mountain.

Here’s where the Mc’s Junior sister comes into play. The Junior sister is the prized daughter of Mc’s master but she was born weak and requires Mc’s Phoenix blood to recover. Usually the Phoenix blood should only be given to your partner but since Mc only focuses on cultivation in the past and cared for her Junior sister, she gave her, her blood for 5 years. The Junior sister was spoiled by the clan and adores Mc, meaning she hates FL. She disguised herself as Mc and kill FL. Mc, who found out after, destroyed the Junior sister’s cultivation and was consumed by her inner demons and died.

She then reincarnated back to before she started giving her Junior sister blood, before FL was forced to practice the devil cultivation. FL also reincarnated with all her memories, meaning she fears Mc now, thinking of her as cruel and heartless, greedy for the dragon soul inside her. After Mc reincarnated back, she immediately cut off ties with her master and Junior sister and went searching for FL, which took 3 years. She found FL in a small village, beaten and malnourished. She treated her and convinced FL to be her disciple. FL reluctantly agreed. She then took FL back to her home and cared for her. Mc’s family pitied her and treated her well, thinking FL wariness as not yet adapting to a new place. Despite the warm treatment, FL is still suspicious and runs away, making the family panic. Mc managed to find her, they talk it out, FL finally accepts her as her master.

Wow, it’s been a while since I summarized a novel. This is only 1/4 of the novel though, haven’t finished it

9. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    This is exactly what I was seeking for! Thank you!

10. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Rereading Girls Und Panzer: Ribbon no Musha for Rin x Hime
    upload_2021-1-26_23-56-23.jpeg
    upload_2021-1-26_23-56-37.jpeg
    upload_2021-1-26_23-56-48.jpeg
    upload_2021-1-26_23-56-57.jpeg
    upload_2021-1-26_23-57-9.jpeg
    upload_2021-1-26_23-58-20.png

11. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    You were right, chapter 5 is BS. Where’s the yuri at? Nowhere to be seen, what kind of setting is that?
    upload_2021-1-27_10-31-15.jpeg
    upload_2021-1-27_10-31-24.jpeg

Moonpearl likes this.
  12. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    You forgot, Japanese also set girls getting gang raeped and d1cked at story/doujin/wn and taggged it as yuri somehow, which is why checking narou requires intensive tags.

Done reading
    顶级渣女
    Top scum girl. So fl is a scum nd system decides to punish her by meeting mc all over and getting rejected. After over, they went back in time buy mc still avoiding and hate her so on so forth. Finally after fl fainted mc saved her, the end is kinda... Vague.
    3/5 for those who like dog blood and scum maybe 4/5
    The story is just too serious, fl is paranoid.

13. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
  14. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
  15. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t remember anything explicit, there were indications that they had séx though not to mention
    that scene where FL lost her memories and rape Mc due to obsession

16. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn’t even call it yuribait, those two images were the things close to resembling. Short with plot holes, I would consider the two main characters acquaintances at most

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  17. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that change in pirate websites or new level of protection is irritating. I had 4 ongoing stories (3 of them already ended) that gone down the drain with it for about 2 months. Two of them even from well known authors (one is author of "She is the Protagonist", another is author "Villainess, I’ll Pamper You" it's rather irritating). :blobdevil: I wish there will be normal solution.
    Anthologies are mixbags. Judging from the name nobody promised all yuri stories. Expectations... it's readers problems not authors. :blobunsure: Still it's rather unfortunate.
    I had mentioned it about two months ago. From there TL is slow and judging from spoilers it will be slowburn middle level drama.

--------------
    There looks like new story Running Away Hand in Hand with the Second Female Lead .
    Was interested in first chapters and read it in MTL.
    Will give it a 8/10. Sweet SoL, school life story with non-existent drama with some fast resolving insecurities and misunderstandings. MC kinda more mature than usual in this kind of stories.

------------

About manga there two new Nagori Yu ones.
    Mistress of the House and Maid-Chan
    The Female Writer and Waitress

Also could be mentioned before.
    Today, We Continue Our Lives Together Under the Same Roof - A heartwarming autobiographical comic offering a peek into the daily life of Inui Ayu and her girlfriend, Kon-san.

18. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    More fluff
    逃不过黑心莲女配
    Can't Escape the black lotus Villainess
    Mc a naive silly white sweet (with IQ) wears a book, as a 6 years old. Since the ml is nonexistent anyway, let's try reforming the Villainess!

Loli mc later realized she swap body health with villainess.
    Mc: QingQing! Your body is mine, so you must cherish it, otherwise, I'll be angry, ok!
    Fl: ...?

This one game chara x gamer
    影后手机里的小可爱
    The little cutie in Movie Queen's phone
    The theme kinda similar to being aised as baby by movie queen but this one no grovelling at crematorium and mc is movie queen but poor resources.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  19. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link