Recommendations Any novel like Trash of The Count’s Family?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Hoshiandme, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Ajay_127

Ajay_127 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Others you may like
    Library of Heaven’s Path
    I'm really a superstar
    Virtual world Peerless White Emperor

2. Lanfiar

Lanfiar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Disguised

Disguised New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would they think that when Cale literally tries to get them away from him. He always talks about not meeting new people or getting involved with others so that he continues having an easy life. He even tries to get his chef and butler to go away with Choi Han all the time.

anniepham239 likes this.
  4. asuramaru

asuramaru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I might recommend you Supreme Magus, there is a really good world-building, character growth of MC, and good development of side characters. It's one of my favorite novels and I love MC. He doesn't play hero bullshit, selfish, distrustful but very caring of his own people. He has a definitive goal and steadily walks to it. The first couple of chapters describing his past and background may be a little boring but they are crucial to justifying the initial character of MC and his trust issues. So you might as well give it a try. There is a romance as a side subplot, which is the only part I don't like about this novel, but it's bearable, more or less realistic and no harem.

Another novel is The Beginning After the End, great world building, magic and stuff like that, no harem, character growth, moral dilemmas and so on. All is good BUT I do hate romance in that novel, like really why must romance ruin such great novels TwT... The female interest is so stupid gosh, well it's okay for her to be impulsive, stupid, naive and immature given her age, but why the heck MC who is 40+ y.o. fell in love with that teenage girl?!. Other than that novel is really good and worth reading.

Favipiravir, Janvi and erynalu like this.
  5. erynalu

erynalu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also am reading The Beginning After the End, and the world building is pretty good. I read it from Google Play Books.
    I kinda agree too the story may do well without the romance part happening so early, was hoping it would be a bit later.

asuramaru likes this.
  6. Reack

Reack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Protagonist Knows Everything
    The MC is the receptionist and has the ability to collect information from people and use it as a weapon. The story is about guild administration as far as I have read (4 chapters) and about the world not much has been said

7. OPReader777

OPReader777 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Kuroyuki92

Kuroyuki92 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about novel written by Yu Wo like The Legend of the Sun Knight, I think the MC have similarities with Cale and Alberu personalities mix together.

TaffyGirl13 likes this.
  9. Ranti

Ranti Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finally met someone who thinks like me
    I stopped reading the beginning after the end because of the romance, I think the story is already good without romance, in fact because the romance of the story becomes less, I mean it's too early for romance,When I expressed my opinion, I was scolded

kamu memiliki selera yang sama denganku

Menurut pendapat saya not all stories have to have romance, and I also ilfeel seeing women who initially hate immediately fall in love with mc, without any apparent reason or reason, and I hate harems, because I feel in harem stories, women are only objects that can be replaced change and played like a toy

asuramaru likes this.
  10. GentleSnow

GentleSnow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Suoh95

Suoh95 King

Reading List:
    Link
    Same. They don't need romance, most story's literally do not need it but because there are a lot of romance/harem readers, the author will force romance even bad ones just to please some people.

harmony277 likes this.
  12. Favipiravir

Favipiravir Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "I woke up as the villain" also has the same vibe with TOTCF . Both are trashes, transmigrated into a novel, recruiting people, aims to be rich slackers, and saving their skin. What made IWUATV a bit different is his world is like Omniscient Reader having systems and god sponsors but instead of everyone having it, only the awakened and the world is modernized. As of now, there's no hint of FL around so I'm loving that fact in my opinion and I admit I stayed around with both manhwa/novel cuz of the bit BL vibes tho no BL tags^^'.

13. harmony277

harmony277 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmmmh the ones I’m gonna recommend aren’t as cute as Trash of the Counts Family but supreme magus and birth of the demonic sword. Both novels are about the MC being reborn into another world, their both smart, cold, ruthless and know what they want so they definitely would say no if some pathetic girl were to beg them to save someone.
    This one that I’m also gonna recommend is different but really interesting and it’s called Chronicles of Primordial Wars. It’s setting is when humans were caveman but it has a twist to it which is that each tribe has a distinct feature about them that give them power. Highly recommend it to anyone bc it’s not talked about enough

Omg someone else who also agrees with me, I hate the romance in this novel and think it would be better if mc just focus on himself or find someone who isn’t whining and always wants to know every little detail that he wants to keep to himself
    - supreme magus

asuramaru and Favipiravir like this.
  14. apaulose

apaulose Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like an old post but if anyone's still looking I think the most comparable story I've read is

The Greatest Estate Developer

The protagonist has a very similar personality to Cale but instead of ancient powers he has an architecture based system. They're both intelligent and unafraid of coming off as shameless. They both have some combat power and aren't afraid to use it in a pinch but would definitely rather leave combat up to the protagonist character of the story their in. They both chase profits and would love to live a peaceful life as rich wastrels but neither has it in them to truly screw over people who don't have it coming and they both tend to throw themselves into danger pretty often for self-declared trash.

Trapped in a Webnovel as a Good-for-Nothing/I woke up as the Villain
    Is another one with a similar premise and pretty good writing. It's a more modern setting with dungeons and hunters appearing in the regular world. Also in this story the 'protagonist' character in this world isn't entirely heroic and he has a huge grudge against the mcs father so the mc can't just befriend them by being nice.

whimsandfantasies likes this.