Spoiler The Abandoned Empress; korean

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Dec 1, 2017.

1. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me more spoilers? I learned that the man she married is a total bastard that doesn't deserve our MC and is almost is as scummy as the bastard 1st husband in "Empress is Running Away with the Ball." Also there seems to be a lot of rape in it due to flashbacks.

The spoilers in particularly looking for is when she fully makes sure she never gets engaged with him.

If the brain-dead Prince ever self-destructs and dies~~~ I really want the guy who hurt the MC so bad to die horribly.

2. Aris12

Aris12 Cold Ruthless Devil Loli

Reading List:
    Link
    What if he was ml. I stop reading this novel because I can't stand mc ex husband. I wanted kill him and toutured him.

lazynoodles likes this.
  3. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea. I noticed the translator was so fed up that they quit this project too... will no one else pick it up?

4. JadeBunny

JadeBunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here:https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/the-abandoned-empress.43439/

5. elisha222

elisha222 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the emperor fall in love with the mc?

6. Paris_Eve

Paris_Eve Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, Man its the past of 1st life. He is a GREAT Man in 2 life and deserve her. If He doesn't change she cannot possibly change her fate. Read carefully till the end deeper about the story. You will know the argument that he is a bad Ml is really wrong because I found it that he is one of the FL which have a Great Character Development after Done Reading the Novel.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  7. Nightingale4444

Nightingale4444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn’t he still hold her father under a slavery contract by the end of the story?

8. Paris_Eve

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm actually He is Not. Why? Because Tia's Father makes the Oat of Blood for His House Utmost Loyalty to The Imperial Palace to the Late Emperor aka Ruve's Father aka Emperor Mirkan. It is a Path that Tia's Father use to Break His Enggement to Emilia aka Emperor sister aka Carsein's Mother for one Wish. He wish to marry Jeremiah the woman he loved Dearly and Also Emperor love secretly. That's Why The Late Emperor accept his Oath of Loyalty because he know that Jeremiah and Kieran Loves Each other. And This has nothing to do With Ruve who didn't accept Aristia Oath, instead he pledge an Oath of Blood for Everlasting loves to Aristia in return for his one Wish. He wish Aristia will always Love him and stay by his side until her last breath. And Thats What Happen Now, instead of Oath of loyalty from Aristia, Ruve pleadge oath of Everlasting Love to Aristia.

9. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    I read a spoiler that said
    the MC got married to the prince
    so i dropped.
    I know he didn't do anything really bad in 2nd timeline, but... for the MC to be able to love him, it was just so disturbing

10. Nightingale4444

Reading List:
    Link
    From my understanding, Kieran’s oath was made to the royal bloodline as a whole, meaning that he couldn’t disobey Mirkan OR Ruve. You can see this in the first timeline where the contract prevents him from saving Tia from the execution because she attacked Ruve, who is a part of the imperial bloodline. At least that’s how I understood it. I also don’t think we should frame Mirkan’s actions as stemming from benevolence towards Kieran. As emperor, he has a myriad ways to break an engagement that don’t include making his supposed ‘friend’ enter a slavery contract with him. He chose that method because he wanted a way to guarantee house Monique’s obedience, and I can’t root for a person who treats other people like that.

11. Nightingale4444

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d like to ask for your guys’ opinion about something. There’s this story that has a similar plot line to abandoned empress, but the MC has a completely different attitude towards the original ML in the second timeline. Could you guys tell me what you think about the plot and if this would have been a better way to unfold the plot of Abandoned Empress?

The story is a quick transmigration style story, I would suggest reading chapter 1 for context and then jumping to chapter 5 where the relevant storyline for our discussion begins.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/23987140/chapters/57699619

It just felt really similar and I want to know if I’m the only one seeing the similarities.

12. Paris_Eve

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it is implemented for all rolyal blood but Ruve has nothing to do about The Progression of How The Oath Between Kieran and The Late Emeperor Formed. He is just Have That Oath because Kieran pleadge the oath with the Late Emperor. As long as Kieran still alive the oath still valid because the new Emperor is rising. So, Ruve has nothing to do with why Kieran Pleadge the Oath, and we can see if he refuse the new oath pledged by Aristia.

13. Paris_Eve

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it is because Mirkan Loves Jeremiah. So, he want a guarantee or something as a price for giving up his love for Jeremiah and breaking up his enggament to Emilia. And Jeremiah also love Kieran. So Mirkan can't force her to marry him. I know Mirkan seem Selfish here because he can breaking up the enggagement easily without any difficulties.

14. Nightingale4444

Reading List:
    Link
    What I meant by my comment is that by the end of the story, Ruve is emperor and basically holds the reins of the contract. He should logically have the power to dissolve it (there is no logical way a contract of that magnitude doesn’t have a way to reverse it if the ‘master’ wishes it), but he doesn’t take any steps into doing that. It’s just left hanging with the implication that the deuteragonist, a person we’re supposed to be rooting for, is willingly and knowingly holding someone under a slavery contract when he should have the power to dissolve it. Furthermore, Mikran is also treated as an ally during the story, which is even more ridiculous since he’s the one who established the contract with Kieran.

And even if we were to disregard all that, if we were to disregard the fact that two of the people we’re supposed to be rooting for partake in magically enforced slavery, we’re still left with a system that encourages the implementation of slavery. And you don’t even have the excuse of it being as punishment for crimes. It’s literally a tradition that every head of the Monique household is tacitly expected to follow at some point, with the wish granted by the emperor being a flimsy remuneration for a lifetime of servitude.

That’s ultimately where I’ll draw the line every time, no matter what sort of argument anyone brings. Whenever I read this work, it feels like reading some sort of imperialist propaganda piece. The imperial family is seen trampling on the rights of people around them, even to the point where a parent is forced to give up their child to be executed while being forced to watch, and we’re still supposed to be cheering the emperor and prince on. No. This has nothing to do with Ruve’s change behavior across timelines or anything else of the sort. This is a system that has been consistently immoral throughout both timelines and while I do understand that a monarchy is fundamentally different from a democracy, you can’t just showcase some of the most immoral aspects of an authoritarian regime and expect people who were born in a democracy to nod their heads in approval. To be completely honest, I don’t even care about the ships as much as I care about this. The ideal ending for me wouldn’t have been one where Tia ends up with Carsein, it would have been one where Kieran realizes that his decisions have left him stuck in a position where he can’t do anything to protect his only child from a power hungry megalomaniac and his mentally unstable son, and where he decides to either find a way to break the contract and run away with her, or at least send her somewhere far away where she can start a new life.

If you want, you can read ‘I am a child of this house’. The situation the father character finds himself in is really similar to Keiran’s. He’s bound by a magical contract and he can’t disobey the royals. Except in this case, he recognizes the fact that the contract poses a danger to his daughter and the plot focuses on him doing everything he can to break it so that he can guarantee the safety of his family.

I’m sorry if I’m ranting, but this is my honest opinion about the work, and I don’t think there will be a time when I can read it without nausea pooling in my stomach.

ditka623, Taruna and theilikepie like this.
  15. Beethoven71

Beethoven71 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this novel will forever be known in history as the novel where people went to read satifsying bloodbath and revenge and only got fed a big fat misunderstanding.

Hera a misigga and Rin.rinaaa like this.